Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK: “ UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:50 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: " NEIL WARNOCK TODAY UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS " :bluebird: :bluebird:

27th November 2018

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I didn’t expect Paterson to be my number one striker to be honest."

"Danny Ward is coming back and looking sharper."

"If we had defended earlier on in the season like we have recently, we’d be in the top half. It was schoolboy errors."

"I’ve been happy with that. Midfield is more disciplined. It’s just getting goals now."

Envious of Wolves' transfer business"

"WOLVES HAVE DIFFERENT AMBITIONS THAN US"

"Yes! We knew it would be difficult.

"We’re a little bit different in that we’re always on the catch up, trying to improve it every six months."

"They’ve got different ambitions to us. They know how tough it will be."

Mendez-Laing's recovery

"He’s doing well. When you’ve had a bad injury, you have to listen to the experts.
When you see him in training, you wonder why he isn’t with us but you have to take your time.'

Three points the perfect birthday present?

"Yeah it would be.
We’ve had some good games against Wolves so been looking forward to it, not my birthday so much."

Warnock on the transfer window

"It’s always tough. January is worse than the summer."

"As much as I agree with bringing the deadline forward, it backfired on us as we got our business done late."

"So we’re starting to look now in October and November."

:bluescarf: " EVERYTHING NEIL WARNOCK SAID / READ BELOW " :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING NEIL WARNOCK:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:52 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Who's on penalties?

"I can’t even see us getting one! Unless someone catches the ball and throws it at the referee.
The Everton one didn’t even get mentioned on TV. We’ve had a few stonewalls."

"I don’t want a penalty for my birthday, just a win!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:54 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

"Yes! We knew it would be difficult.

"We’re a little bit different in that we’re always on the catch up, trying to improve it every six months."

"They’ve got different ambitions to us. They know how tough it will be."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:57 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Is Cardiff attractive to players?

"We’re not going to get certain players. Wolves had 6 Portuguese players so that market is collared off.

But we’re looking at bringing in what we’d call top players and also loan players which won’t be such a gamble."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Are you a good salesman?

"I spoke to Victor Camarasa and I was instrumental. I don’t think he’d spoke to a manager like me. Same with Harry After."

"Those sort of players know if we’re relegated, they’re back to their clubs. It’s about increasing the quality, not just adding."

"We might offer a let out if we get relegated, just to get deals over the line."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Warnock on the transfer window

"It’s always tough. January is worse than the summer."

"As much as I agree with bringing the deadline forward, it backfired on us as we got our business done late."

"So we’re starting to look now in October and November."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:00 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

Spat with Wolves boss Nuno?

"I’ve already shaken hands with him. I spoke to him last year. It’s not all about money and he did a good job last year."

"I’ve always liked Wolves. We met up at the LMA. He’s a big bloke and he gave me a squeeze. I think it was a nice one!"

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:01 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

Warnock on the relegation scrap

"I don’t think much is changing. Other teams will win games, so will we."

"We have to hang in until January until I can get players. We’ve got to hang on to the coattails until then.

It’s about trying to get as many points up to Christmas. Look at the tactics and see where we can get more goals."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:01 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

Warnock on away record

"I think every promoted team struggles away from home to pick up points."

"We’ve got a busy week and we’ve got to get points on the board."

"I’m sure Wolves, West Ham and Southampton are thinking the same thing."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

Has Nuno learned English etiquette?

"I haven’t a clue. I have enough things to worry about!"

"It’s always easier to tell people where they’re going wrong, than doing things on the touchline."

"It’s a ruthless industry but we’re lucky to be in it."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:04 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

Sympathy for Jose Mourinho?

"He knows the cameras are on him. Every time he steps out the house, he knows they’re on him."

"I thought he was brilliant. I think he’s superb. I like him. He talks about his wins.

If I’d done that, I’d tell people about it too!"

"The people who criticise have never been near the dugout.

I don’t think any manager can really tell Jose how to act."

"The only thing was maybe how he dealt with Arsene."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:05 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

Striking options?

"I imagine there’ll be changes given there’s three games."

"I think it’s a reflection that I’m playing Paterson up front. I know what he gives and he never lets me down."

"We can never play 5 or 6 strikers because we’re not good enough defensively."

"We will wait on Zohore? "

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:07 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

More pressure on Wolves?

"It’s a different type of pressure."

"When you spend £100m, you have pressure. But you also have top players. I wouldn’t mind a bit of that pressure.

But there’s only 20 teams so everyone’s under pressure."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:NEIL WARNOCK:

Spat with Wolves boss Nuno?

"I’ve already shaken hands with him. I spoke to him last year. It’s not all about money and he did a good job last year."

"I’ve always liked Wolves. We met up at the LMA. He’s a big bloke and he gave me a squeeze. I think it was a nice one!"

If we win ignore him and run on the pitch :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:09 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I didn’t expect Paterson to be my number one striker to be honest."

"Danny Ward is coming back and looking sharper."

"If we had defended earlier on in the season like we have recently, we’d be in the top half. It was schoolboy errors."

"I’ve been happy with that. Midfield is more disciplined. It’s just getting goals now."

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:31 pm

A good interview on Sky Sports and they are doing a section on Neil Warnock tomorrow to celebrate his 70th birthday, which is on Saturday (after the Wolves game) :thumbright:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:36 pm

Sven wrote:A good interview on Sky Sports and they are doing a section on Neil Warnock tomorrow to celebrate his 70th birthday, which is on Saturday (after the Wolves game) :thumbright:

Chris, Brilliant I will be watching, Warnock deserves every bit of praise :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:A good interview on Sky Sports and they are doing a section on Neil Warnock tomorrow to celebrate his 70th birthday, which is on Saturday (after the Wolves game) :thumbright:

Chris, Brilliant I will be watching, Warnock deserves every bit of praise :thumbright: :bluebird:

Totally agree :occasion5:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree :occasion5:

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:51 pm

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock's focus may be on this Friday's game against Wolves but the weekend will see him reach a very special milestone.

Saturday marks the manager's 70th birthday and after the serious business of football was concluded he was surprised during Wednesday's press conference with a cake and a bottle of whiskey to mark the occasion.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:34 am

Neil is on Alan Brazil Talksport show this morning.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Neil is on Alan Brazil Talksport show this morning.

Cheers Jimmy :thumbright: :bluebird: