Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ HARRY ARTER: I'D LIKE TO STAY “

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Harry Arter has revealed he wants to make his loan move to Cardiff permanent.
By Sky Sports

Wednesday 28th November 2018

The Republic of Ireland international is on a season-long loan from Bournemouth and has been a regular fixture in the Bluebirds' midfield under manager Neil Warnock.

"I've said to my family already the dream season would be Cardiff to stay up, the manager to stay on and then hopefully I can sign because I've loved every minute of being here," Arter said ahead of Friday's Premier League home game against Wolves, live on Sky Sports.

"Have I told the manager? No, I think he can tell.

"Fingers crossed, it stays this good for me and we can sit down after the 38th game with us having stayed up and looking to stay here permanently."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: HARRY ARTER: I'D LIKE TO STAY

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:32 pm

Sven wrote:Harry Arter has revealed he wants to make his loan move to Cardiff permanent.
By Sky Sports

The Republic of Ireland international is on a season-long loan from Bournemouth and has been a regular fixture in the Bluebirds' midfield under manager Neil Warnock.

"I've said to my family already the dream season would be Cardiff to stay up, the manager to stay on and then hopefully I can sign because I've loved every minute of being here," Arter said ahead of Friday's Premier League home game against Wolves, live on Sky Sports.

"Fingers crossed, it stays this good for me and we can sit down after the 38th game with us having stayed up and looking to stay here permanently."

Great attitude, brilliant player for us :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: “ HARRY ARTER: I'D LIKE TO STAY “

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:34 pm

I don’t think we could afford to buy him, I am sure about 18months ago Bournemouth wanted £20mill for him off West Ham, before sadly his personal life went wrong .

For me Harry Arter is in our top 3 players :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Sven wrote:Harry Arter has revealed he wants to make his loan move to Cardiff permanent.
By Sky Sports

Great attitude, brilliant player for us :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree! :thumbright:

Harry After is a player who gives his all and one City supporters can identify with! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:41 pm

1) hopefully we can stay up.

2) I'm sure a deal could be worked out with mutual termination ( not sure how long he has left on his contract )

Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Always liked Harry Arter but the more I see of him the more he impresses me, great attitude and unbelievable engine in him.

His value was high no so long ago but the fact he has ended up here says his stock has fallen and a month away from 29 now which although isn’t old it certainly isn’t young for a central midfielder.

For me its no question he is our best player, the first name on the team sheet and I think its madness that he isn’t played anywhere other than central midfield where he can dictate play.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:17 pm

Harry Arter is a great example of how the loan system is better than buying outright.Both the player and club can see if it works out and decide if they want to make the deal permanent.I’m sure Arter who has been our best player will be offered a permanent deal at the end of the season when we will hopefully be still in the Premier League. Permanent signings like Tomlin and Madine that haven’t worked out we are stuck with costing the club a fortune!

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I don’t think we could afford to buy him, I am sure about 18months ago Bournemouth wanted £20mill for him off West Ham, before sadly his personal life went wrong .

He will be 29 next month so I can't see Bournemouth wanting anymore than £8 mil for him so hopefully if we stay up we will have a lot more money to spend, obviously that's down to the owner but still a lot of work to be done before we think like that :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Favourite player since Whitts, really hope he stays. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:28 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
By Sky Sports

Agree! :thumbright:

Harry After is a player who gives his all and one City supporters can identify with! :ayatollah:

The type of player Warnock and us fans love :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:29 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I don’t think we could afford to buy him, I am sure about 18months ago Bournemouth wanted £20mill for him off West Ham, before sadly his personal life went wrong .

He will be 29 next month so I can't see Bournemouth wanting anymore than £8 mil for him so hopefully if we stay up we will have a lot more money to spend, obviously that's down to the owner but still a lot of work to be done before we think like that :ayatollah:

In todays valuations Harry Arter is worth well over £10mill, Bournemouth will want more than many realise.

How longs left on Arter's contract at Bournemouth?

Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

In todays valuations Harry Arter is worth well over £10mill, Bournemouth will want more than many realise.

Apparently, it's end of June 2021 :thumbright:

Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:37 pm

That's the best news I've heard this season.
I don't think I've ever seen a better player at Cardiff City. Of course we could afford him. If things go right this season then we'll have a lot more money for players ,and that's all part of the plan.

Any chance we could give him a HUGE cheer when his name is announced this week

Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

He isn't going to be cheap but that's the same kind of money we spent on Reid this season.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:

Annis, if we can stay up this season I can see us having no problem even buying him for £10m.

With another £100m in the coffers I’m sure if Warnock wanted him he’d get him. We’ve paid £10m for Reid and Murphy this season. Bournemouth would let him go and I’m sure they respect him enough not to price him out of a move he wants.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:44 pm

If we stay up, it’s well worth paying £10m for him.

He’s been brilliant all season and there isn’t a match where he doesn’t give 100% all game. It amazes me how much he can run.

One of the few players we have that possess genuine Premier League quality - I’d only put Arter, Camarasa, Murphy and maybe Etheridge in that bracket.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:46 pm

A loan player wanting to stay, you don,t get that very often would be a great signing

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:34 pm

Love Harry and Victor type of players we need regardless of division next season both class and give 110% can’t ask no more.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 pm

Stay up and your half way there Harry ;)

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 pm

We need to build our midfield around Arter. Simple as that. He's the most 'complete' midfielder we've had for a long while.

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:42 am

Best midfielder I've seen at the City (I'm 32). Distribution, tenacity, leadership all top qualities. We'd have no chance of survival without him.