Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GAFFERS HAVE CLEARED THE AIR & ARE NOW ‘GOOD FRIENDS’ APPARE

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:12 am

GAFFERS HAVE CLEARED THE AIR & ARE NOW ‘GOOD FRIENDS’ APPARENTLY, ALTHOUGH ONE REMAINS A ‘TOTAL DISGRACE’

Thursday 28th November 2018

In the buildup to the Friday evening clash between Cardiff City and Wolverhampton Wanderers, our head coach Nuno Espirito Santo has said that he and Neil Warnock ‘cleared the air’ after last season’s handbags in the Technical Area.

Wolves won in dramatic style at Cardiff last April as we catapulted ourselves to the Championship title and promotion back into the Premier League, but the match was certainly eventful as fans will remember and Cardiff missed two late penalties which saw Santo celebrate wildly at the final whistle.

Warnock’s nose was put so far out of joint he refused to shake the Portuguese’s hand at the end of the game and I think he was so discombobulated that he forgot to do his usual and blame everyone from the referee down to the toilet cleaners instead of looking at himself.

With Warnock’s antics in the game well known I’m sure a number of non-Wolves fans smiled at him describing our gaffer as a ‘total disgrace’ and wondering if he caught a whiff of himself in the mirror.

In any event, Nuno has played it down as he spoke to Sky Sports this week.

“It is totally over. We had a chance to speak and we clarified things. Now I can say we are good friends. Both teams want the same so let’s try to be better than them – but always with respect. It was a fantastic game last season. It was a very emotional game. Both teams know each other well, and we expect a tough game.”

With Wolves current league form, this is a good game to get ourselves back on track and annoy the blathering idiot in the process once again.