Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Two Silly old bastards

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:08 pm

When the iceman scored tonight ,( to paraphrase Uncle Albert on fools and horses ), I did a very childish thing.
No, I didn't wet myself, but I DID cry. Well, I was thinking maybe I'm too old for this and I should stop watching Cardiff if I can't control my emotions anymore.
Then of course , Junior did the necessary and finished them off. The camera panned to Sir Neil and he was doing the same thing - wiping tears from his eyes !
As you know he's 70 tomorrow and maybe there comes a time in the affairs of man.... But if he's prepared to carry on I will too.

Re: Two Silly old bastards

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:43 am

I cry everytime I look at my bank account....real tears and all! ;)

Coming back to the game, I couldn't make it tonight but watched on Sky. I was as vociferous as if I was in the Canton, the wife was not best pleased. But when that final whistle went I felt very emotional. I'm not sure there were tears of joy or if summit got in my eye, but either way......liquid was flowing.

We march on....... :bluebird:

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:01 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:When the iceman scored tonight ,( to paraphrase Uncle Albert on fools and horses ), I did a very childish thing.
No, I didn't wet myself, but I DID cry. Well, I was thinking maybe I'm too old for this and I should stop watching Cardiff if I can't control my emotions anymore.
Then of course , Junior did the necessary and finished them off. The camera panned to Sir Neil and he was doing the same thing - wiping tears from his eyes !
As you know he's 70 tomorrow and maybe there comes a time in the affairs of man.... But if he's prepared to carry on I will too.

:thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:20 am

Umm ok.