Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are we really that bad ?

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:49 am

Most people have us as favourites to go down.
But if you look at our record against teams in the bottom half of the league this season we have actually done well.

We have played 6 teams in the bottom half

Won 3
Drawn 2
Lost 1

Then of the higher level teams around 6/10th place like Leicester and Everton we have only lost by the single goal. Bournemouth was similar without the late breakaway goal.

I know we got smashed against the big boys but we are actually doing really well.

Re: Are we really that bad ?

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:20 am

True. We have to continue that form with teams around us. And we will nick the odd point off teams in the top half!

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:21 am

thomasblue wrote:Most people have us as favourites to go down.
But if you look at our record against teams in the bottom half of the league this season we have actually done well.

We have played 6 teams in the bottom half

Won 3
Drawn 2
Lost 1

Then of the higher level teams around 6/10th place like Leicester and Everton we have only lost by the single goal. Bournemouth was similar without the late breakaway goal.

I know we got smashed against the big boys but we are actually doing really well.

Only man c smashed us other top teams we were in game goal wise until late in games so we are competing very well despite our lack of quality upfront. :old:

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:32 am

We're not that bad, we didnt spend as much as others and with the Warnock stereotype people jump on the bandwagon, they're brainless morons that cant form an opinion for themselves

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 am

I'd rather not really be that bad but percieved to be having spent less money and be more financially secure. Than BEING that bad having blown 100s of millions.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:26 am

I thought we had a poor start to the season which surprised me. I think it took Warnock and the team a little to long to adjust. We now seem to be back to what we need to be, harder to beat and getting in faces faces. Think we have shown to much respect to some clubs.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I thought we had a poor start to the season which surprised me. I think it took Warnock and the team a little to long to adjust. We now seem to be back to what we need to be, harder to beat and getting in faces faces. Think we have shown to much respect to some clubs.

I'm surprised you were surprised. Nearly every pundit, expert and bookmaker had us down as no-hopers, and most people I know in my local pubs and clubs had us as certs to finish bottom. Personally, I have always believed that we had a fighting chance of avoiding relegation (just), but I always thought it would take time for most of our players to adjust to the PL. A big difference to where we had previously played. I think we will spend all season right in the relegation mix, but I think there is a chance of three or four sides finishing below us.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I thought we had a poor start to the season which surprised me. I think it took Warnock and the team a little to long to adjust. We now seem to be back to what we need to be, harder to beat and getting in faces faces. Think we have shown to much respect to some clubs.

I'm surprised you were surprised. Nearly every pundit, expert and bookmaker had us down as no-hopers, and most people I know in my local pubs and clubs had us as certs to finish bottom. Personally, I have always believed that we had a fighting chance of avoiding relegation (just), but I always thought it would take time for most of our players to adjust to the PL. A big difference to where we had previously played. I think we will spend all season right in the relegation mix, but I think there is a chance of three or four sides finishing below us.

My general thought is that the teams that go up generally start well and the teams that go down tend to struggle for a few games. I think Fulham and Wolves had that for a few games. Maybe to do with momentum and we didn't have such a great end to last season.

As for pundits, I don't tend to listen to them, they didn't think we would do up either.