Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BRISTOL/MILLWALL FANS FIGHTING NIGHT BEFORE TOMORROW'S GAME

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:35 pm

LIVE: Football fans have 'trashed' Bedminster pub ahead of Bristol City vs Millwall game on Sunday.

“The Millwall fans were inside the pub and a group of 50 plus people came from the Three Lions pub (heard someone shouting to go back to the Three Lions) via Palmyra Road and started smashing up the pub and trying to get into it.

“I spoke to some people who had been inside the pub. In total, I’d say around 100 people were involved.”

We're getting initial reports coming in that the Luckwell pub in South Bristol and pictures and video show a police presence and that damage has been caused

Bristol Live

By Alex WoodJoseph Wilkes

Saturday 1st December 2018

POLICE OUTSIDE THE HEN AND CHICKEN PUB IN BRISTOL

A group of football fans have "trashed" a pub in south Bristol pub ahead of the game between Bristol City and Millwall at Ashton Gate tomorrow.

A witness has told Bristol Live that a group of around 50 have "trashed the Luckwell Pub" and are now heading up North Street in Bedminster towards the Masonic pub.

Police have been seen at the Luckwell Hotel Pub and have confirmed there was a "disorder involving a number of people" and there will be "an increased police presence" in Bedminster ahead of tomorrow's game.

On Twitter, @mhendy1971 said: "So apparently it’s all kicked off in a pub in south Bristol, where between 30 & 40 Millwall turned up, Millwall r playing Bristol City tomorrow."

If you are on the roads, make sure it is safe and legal to contact us before doing so. You can get all the latest traffic and travel updates by joining our Facebook group .

We will be bringing you updates when we get them.

KEY EVENTS

'The people who smashed up the pub were Bristolians, not Millwall fans' - eyewitness

Man injured during pub attack - police confirm

'There was glass everywhere' - eyewitness

Police 'actively looking' for pub attackers

A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Police, who issued a statement earlier this evening, has added:

We are actively looking for those involved and if required will make arrests.

'It's f***ing disgusting' - landlord speaks out following pub attack

The landlord of the Luckwell Hotel pub in Luckwell Road, Bedminster, has spoken out after a shocking attack left his bar in tatters.

Glass windows were smashed and chairs broken during an incident at the pub earlier this evening.

Unconfirmed eyewitness reports suggest the incident involved football fans ahead of Bristol City’s match against Millwall tomorrow.

The landlord, who did not wish to give his name, described the behaviour of those involved as “f***ing disgusting”.

'The people who smashed up the pub were Bristolians, not Millwall fans' - eyewitness

An eyewitness who lives opposite the Luckwell Hotel said the incident was started by Bristol City fans from outside the pub.

“I saw it all from outside,” the resident, who asked not to be named, said.

“Pretty sure the people who smashed up the pub were Bristolians, not Millwall fans.

“The Millwall fans were inside the pub and a group of 50 plus people came from the Three Lions pub (heard someone shouting to go back to the Three Lions) via Palmyra Road and started smashing up the pub and trying to get into it.

“I spoke to some people who had been inside the pub. In total, I’d say around 100 people were involved.”

A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Police told Bristol Live:

We were called at 6.20pm to reports of a disorder involving a number of people at The Luckwell Hotel on Luckwell Road.
Those involved had dispersed by the time officers arrived at the scene.
One man has suffered a head injury while the pub has also been damaged.
We will continue to have a police presence in the Bedminster area.

A marked police car and van have been spotted outside the Hen and Chicken pub in North Street, Bedminster.

These pictures, taken by a dog-walker, show the damage sustained by the Luckwell pub in Luckwell Road during the incident.

The pub was reportedly targeted by a group of Millwall fans ahead of tomorrow’s match against Bristol City at Ashton Gate - though this has not yet been confirmed by the police.

'There was glass everywhere' - eyewitness

A dog-walker, who asked not to be named, said glass was left strewn across the pavement following the incident at The Luckwell.

“There’s glass everywhere,” they said. “I’m walking my dog and the police have just turned up.

“Two police officers got out and a barman came out and said ‘it’s Millwall, it’s Millwall - about 50 of them!’

“It must have happened in the last half an hour or so. Chairs are broken and virtually every window has been smashed.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BRISTOL/MILLWALL FANS FIGHTING NIGHT BEFORE TOMORROW'SGA

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:46 pm

VIDEO / LINK

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... CvThVanHA4

A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Police told Bristol Live:

We were called at 6.20pm to reports of a disorder involving a number of people at The Luckwell Hotel on Luckwell Road.
Those involved had dispersed by the time officers arrived at the scene.
One man has suffered a head injury while the pub has also been damaged.
We will continue to have a police presence in the Bedminster area.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BRISTOL/MILLWALL FANS FIGHTING NIGHT BEFORE TOMORROW'S G

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Defo got a bit of history brewing, sure Bristol last season turned up to a place where the supporters drink and had a battering but one of few that turned up to where they drink over the years.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Defo got a bit of history brewing, sure Bristol last season turned up to a place where the supporters drink and had a battering but one of few that turned up to where they drink over the years.

Yes a lot of history between them both over the last 25 years.

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Yeah they rarely disappoint us do B City, they turned up at the Greg in Bermondsey early doors last year and not many do that

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:01 pm

From the Wurzels forum:
https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic ... l-in-town/

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:28 pm

I didn't realise that millwall had Utrecht fans with them and the Wurzels had willem 2 followers. Don't think city have any links with other clubs do we?

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:39 pm

nathansfmachine wrote:I didn't realise that millwall had Utrecht fans with them and the Wurzels had willem 2 followers. Don't think city have any links with other clubs do we?

Saw Dutch fans in Middlesbrough about 4 5 years ago think they try and attach themselves to english clubs and I think some Dutch club go with the jacks

Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:42 pm

Yeah den haag follow the jacks. I forgot about chase town lol they like us. :-)

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:56 pm

TODAY

Police confirm hunt for football thugs after Bedminster pub trashed and man injured

There will be a heavy police presence in south Bristol ahead of Bristol City’s match against Millwall

Bristol Live

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Millwall in the ground today

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Millwall

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:21 pm

Bristol City good at smashing pubs up. Don’t understand firms who need to be backed up by foreign firms from Holland etc :bluebird:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:02 am

nathansfmachine wrote:I didn't realise that millwall had Utrecht fans with them and the Wurzels had willem 2 followers. Don't think city have any links with other clubs do we?

I've seen quite a few dutch watch us play. They all seem to be feyernoord fans. Saw a few at Wales v Spain they said they came over to watch Wales.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Millwall

That's all they took? I thought they take loads ti the wurzels cause they didn't get along. Always seemed like a rivalry.