Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MOTD Cardiff Analysis

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:53 pm

Yet again some pretty poor analysis for our game on Friday night by Gary Linker and co...

Re: MOTD Cardiff Analysis

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:15 am

joeywills98 wrote:Yet again some pretty poor analysis for our game on Friday night by Gary Linker and co...

They're still trying to come to terms that they're beloved and expensive wolves got beaten by hard work and determination.
Also Gary is mainly preoccupied with his political campaign to stop Brexit at the moment so he probably didn't watch the game.

The other two were reasonably fair though I thought. Lineker is never going to be fair to Cardiff City though.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:16 am

Got to be expected since we were the Friday game and hence most people will have seen the highlights by Saturday night. Surprised they didn’t discuss Nuno’s claims that Patricio was pushed by Pats though but then they do have a strict broadcast schedule to follow i guess.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 am

Don’t expect anything different do you?

Would be the same if we were sitting in the top half, we’re not English, and they all stand against racism in the game, maybe they should be reminded that racism isn’t just about colour

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:35 am

Last on (possibly because we played Friday night) and didn't think they were overly praising or detrimental either. Murphy made a couple of decent points and Lineker just seemed to want to move on

The Paterson incident was ignored (like the supposed penalty claim for us last week) but that was a subjective incident anyway and he didn't really do anything wrong

It was up to the keeper to sort his authority in his own box, as he did only a few moments before when he pushed a City player (forget which but think it was Gunnar) out of his way in the same place! :thumbright:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:49 am

Could'nt see anything wrong with the analysis. Never expected an in depth discussion as the match was played Friday. Thought the comments were fair.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:52 am

I think people need to stop looking for reasons to have a moan. It was the Friday game, they know most City and wolves fans would have watched the game. Linaker did want to move on but I think he said they were running out of time. I have no issue with MOTD this season at all.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Could'nt see anything wrong with the analysis. Never expected an in depth discussion as the match was played Friday. Thought the comments were fair.

Pretty much how I saw it aswell

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:49 pm

Why the worry what MOD characters think. ? Giving them too much credence.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:47 pm

Well to be honest , if we kept on complaining like Celtic and Rangers do or did, they'd be scared to critisise us and they'd be bigging us up, which might just cause some general intimidation of opponents, and make players want to join us.
Every little helps as Tescos say, and I'm a great believer in wholistic warfare

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:53 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Could'nt see anything wrong with the analysis. Never expected an in depth discussion as the match was played Friday. Thought the comments were fair.

Pretty much how I saw it aswell

Exactly.

I just don't get this perceived anti- Cardiff thing that some ion here seem to think exists on MOTD and other BBC outlets.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Sven put the match of the day stats up a few days ago showing which teams had been on 1st and how many times....and who had been on last and how many times...difficult to read those stats and conclude MOTD have been unfair to us.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:23 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Don’t expect anything different do you?

Would be the same if we were sitting in the top half, we’re not English, and they all stand against racism in the game, maybe they should be reminded that racism isn’t just about colour

Don't think it's that. I think Cardiff have got more English players than any other Premiership team haven't we ?
It's just that they said we couldn't succeed and they're determined that they couldn't have been wrong . Same as they said Brexit leave couldn't win and Donald Trump couldn't get elected.

Two alternatives are that they don't really know what they're talking about or they insist these things aren't happening !

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:10 am

dogfound wrote:Sven put the match of the day stats up a few days ago showing which teams had been on 1st and how many times....and who had been on last and how many times...difficult to read those stats and conclude MOTD have been unfair to us.

This is true! :thumbright: :ayatollah: