Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY WANT NOTTINGHAM FOREST WINGER

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:42 am

Daily Mail

Nottingham Forest are fighting to keep hold of exciting winger Joe Lolley.

Sunday 2nd December 2018

A number of Premier League sides have taken notice of his performances this season.

Notably in midweek he had a hand in all five of Forest's goals against Aston Villa in a 5-5 draw, including scoring his seventh of the season.

Watford, Cardiff and promotion rivals West Brom are among those interested but Forest want more than £5million for the 26-year-old.

Lolley was signed for Forest from Huddersfield Town for £1million in January and was identified by their former technical director Luke Dowling who has since left for West Brom.

Forest though are reluctant to sell particularly after their rise into the play-off positions.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY WANT NOTTINGHAM FOREST PLAYER “

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Daily Mail

A number of Premier League sides have taken notice of his performances this season.

Notably in midweek he had a hand in all five of Forest's goals against Aston Villa in a 5-5 draw, including scoring his seventh of the season.

Watford, Cardiff and promotion rivals West Brom are among those interested but Forest want more than £5million for the 26-year-old.

Lolley was signed for Forest from Huddersfield Town for £1million in January and was identified by their former technical director Luke Dowling who has since left for West Brom.

Forest though are reluctant to sell particularly after their rise into the play-off positions.

Not another winger

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:11 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not another winger

Just another rumour, mate ;) :thumbright:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:46 am

Sven wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not another winger

Just another rumour, mate ;) :thumbright:

His agent getting in early.

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY WANT NOTTINGHAM FOREST WINGER

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:48 am

It wouldn't surprise me to see us sign a winger. Hoilett has generally struggled this season. NML tends to pick up injuries every season.
It also wouldn't surprise me if they tried to move on Harris in janaury if he won't sign/isn't offered a new deal.

It's certainly not a priority but Warnock has always liked options out wide.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 am

2blue2handle wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to see us sign a winger. Hoilett has generally struggled this season. NML tends to pick up injuries every season.
It also wouldn't surprise me if they tried to move on Harris in janaury if he won't sign/isn't offered a new deal.

It's certainly not a priority but Warnock has always liked options out wide.

Agree, but (thankfully) the club don't do 'leaks' nowadays, so to me just another rumour :thumbright:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:48 pm

How many wingers do we want ?
If anything in terms of Forest I've wondered about Grabban. We were very close to signing him rather than Gary Madine and I don't know what went wrong there but he does seem to score goals wherever he is.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Forest have moneybags owners now so don't need to sell for fianancial reasons plus they have every chance of at least making the playoffs. Can't see them selling him unless someone makes a silly money offer. Very easy to overpay for players in the January window.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:50 pm

My Forest supporting mate tells me he's their best player. His words. "That's our season fucked"(if he leaves).

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:31 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:How many wingers do we want ?
If anything in terms of Forest I've wondered about Grabban. We were very close to signing him rather than Gary Madine and I don't know what went wrong there but he does seem to score goals wherever he is.

It seemed we were close to signing Grabban last season in the January window but he and his agent dragged matters out as long as they possibly could in the hope of getting a better deal with a "bigger" club, or a club with a better chance of getting promoted than us ( :) ) or more money.

The chump ended up at Villa and instead of getting promoted with us he failed miserably with his mates Terry and Grealish which cheered me up no end.

So f**k him - he can stay in the Championship where he belongs.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:06 am

We need another striker but don’t give up on Zahore,he will be back soon. Another winger and striker would be a bonus, Zahore and Hoilet’s partnership was pivotal in our promotion success last season. Hoilet had a great second half against Wolves,Hoilet and Zahore will be back firing on all cylinders soon. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:15 am

Agree a bit odd that we need another winger ???

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:31 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Agree a bit odd that we need another winger ???

Depends whose staying and going. Hopefully Hoilett can pick back up now he got a goal. Otherwise I'd say another winger would be useful with Harris nearly out of contract.