Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Attendences

Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:43 pm

I think there's an argument that we've got the best supporters in the Premiership in terms of driving the team on through difficult times, but I was quite surprised that we're not doing as well as I'd thought for filling the ground.
We're right down the bottom in terms of percentage of tickets sold on average actually, so what's the answer ?

Is it just a matter of local population or what ?

https://www.soccerstats.com/attendance. ... ue=england

Re: Attendences

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Makes very interesting reading.

If you look at iot a bit more closely we lose nearly a 1000 seast every home game due to segreation which equates to just over 3% against tickets sold.

When you compare that to West Ham who only lose 50 seats that makes a difference straight away.

However we should be selling out every week at home and that I think comes down partly to the club and partly to our fan base. Why sell out Man United well in advance when you could have linked the tickets to two lesser games to guarantee your Man Utd ticket,

Unfortunately people will always pick and chose their games but that is the people we have to try angd get in on a regular basis. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Is this only home tickets sold or based on ground capacity? Because if away end not sold out that effects percentage as well as segregation... stats never tell whole story do they? Tbh never expected us to sell out to non top 6 teams :old:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:18 pm

You for real? We will end up between 10-12th supported club in the premiership, will surpass 30k average and it’s absolutely fantastic support for a club that has had no success in the top flight. Done this a million times, not many teams have our support hat have not had topnflight success. Fantastic support in numbers and in voice this season. Well impressed. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Stringfellow wrote:You for real? We will end up between 10-12th supported club in the premiership, will surpass 30k average and it’s absolutely fantastic support for a club that has had no success in the top flight. Done this a million times, not many teams have our support hat have not had topnflight success. Fantastic support in numbers and in voice this season. Well impressed. :thumbup:

Well yes I'd agree with all of that, except that I was very surprised to discover that our average of 92% seats filled at home games is actually one of the lowest in the Premiership.
I don't think its problematic or anything. Bournemouth only get an average of 11,000 or something, but that's a higher percentage of their capacity than ours. As I said I think it's arguable that we've got to the best support in the premiership overall, but I just wonder why we're not selling all the tickets.
I mean, 92% capacity crowds on average is a figure that most teams could only dream of, but don't you find it surprising that this average is one of the lowest in the premiership?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Also , what does this say about plans to increase capacity?

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:54 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:You for real? We will end up between 10-12th supported club in the premiership, will surpass 30k average and it’s absolutely fantastic support for a club that has had no success in the top flight. Done this a million times, not many teams have our support hat have not had topnflight success. Fantastic support in numbers and in voice this season. Well impressed. :thumbup:

Well yes I'd agree with all of that, except that I was very surprised to discover that our average of 92% seats filled at home games is actually one of the lowest in the Premiership.
I don't think its problematic or anything. Bournemouth only get an average of 11,000 or something, but that's a higher percentage of their capacity than ours. As I said I think it's arguable that we've got to the best support in the premiership overall, but I just wonder why we're not selling all the tickets.
I mean, 92% capacity crowds on average is a figure that most teams could only dream of, but don't you find it surprising that this average is one of the lowest in the premiership?

It's because almost all of the seats available for walk up are in the Red Seats and they are not cheap, for example next week against Southampton they range from £33-£35 add on the £2 the Club chuck on top and that's £35-£37 for a fan who wants to just go to this game.

We won't sell out the 'so called' less glamorous games at those prices hence we are not filling it out week in week out.

Nevertheless the crowds and fans have been fantastic so far and long may it continue.

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:56 pm

RV Casual wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

It's because almost all of the seats available for walk up are in the Red Seats and they are not cheap, for example next week against Southampton they range from £33-£35 add on the £2 the Club chuck on top and that's £35-£37 for a fan who wants to just go to this game.

We won't sell out the 'so called' less glamorous games at those prices hence we are not filling it out week in week out.

Nevertheless the crowds and fans have been fantastic so far and long may it continue.

Maybe they should hand out unsold tickets to police, military etc like they do at West End Theatres to make sure of a full house.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:34 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

Maybe they should hand out unsold tickets to police, military etc like they do at West End Theatres to make sure of a full house.

the majority of walk up tickets { not season tickets } are also the more expensive ones...
so for walk up, especially for less atractive games your then trying to get top price off the least committed..

possibly the club will re visit it for next season but for now our crowds are better than i thought and i really dont care that Fulhams ground is 2.7% fuller than ours when it means they get 6,000 less people..it means even less than the possession stat..

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:34 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:

the majority of walk up tickets { not season tickets } are also the more expensive ones...
so for walk up, especially for less atractive games your then trying to get top price off the least committed..

possibly the club will re visit it for next season but for now our crowds are better than i thought and i really dont care that Fulhams ground is 2.7% fuller than ours when it means they get 6,000 less people..it means even less than the possession stat..

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Spot on and shitty little clubs like Swansea (when they were there) and Bournemouth with piddly little grounds skew the figures :thumbup:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Spot on and shitty little clubs like Swansea (when they were there) and Bournemouth with piddly little grounds skew the figures :thumbup:

Plus Sky seems to mostly pick our home games for their live games.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:00 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I think there's an argument that we've got the best supporters in the Premiership in terms of driving the team on through difficult times, but I was quite surprised that we're not doing as well as I'd thought for filling the ground.
We're right down the bottom in terms of percentage of tickets sold on average actually, so what's the answer ?

Is it just a matter of local population or what ?

https://www.soccerstats.com/attendance. ... ue=england

I've been surprised how positive the crowd have been, with all the new premiership glory hunter type fans, I thought they would have been frustrated but in fairness, they have remained fairly patient and got behind the team :thumbup:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:42 am

These stats largely mean nothing and will quite usually be wrong. West Ham for example definitely did not have 99.8% of their ground full last night and I've seen other games of theirs this season with similar patches of empty seats.
Man Utd as well always announce 70,000+ for their Champions League games even when it's clear there's barely over 50,000 at Old Trafford.
The important thing is our crowd have been excellent at backing the team even when results have been poor. This season has really shown what being the 12th Man is about :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:36 am

Another factor is Man City apart we have been playing against the less glamorous clubs so far. Once we are playing the likes of Man Utd, Spurs,Liverpool etc they schooldays be mostly sell outs