Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ WHU......CARDIFF FANS STAY ALERT “

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:29 am

Not going tomorrow but if you are, and more particularly if you are not on coaches, just be alert after the match.

Talking to a mate of mine yesterday who follows WHU home and away and he was saying 'They're bastards, mind! They will be outside waiting to pick people off and it kicks off all the way through the park. The area is just too big and open for the Met to police. And plenty of times I have seen them throw scarfers into the lake just for a laugh.'

He wasn't being sensationalist. Neither am I. Just stay awake if you are in small groups, couples walking away.

How many tickets sold anyway?

Re: WHU......STAY ARERT

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 am

City in Cwmbran wrote:Not going tomorrow but if you are, and more particularly if you are not on coaches, just be alert after the match.

Talking to a mate of mine yesterday who follows WHU home and away and he was saying 'They're bastards, mind! They will be outside waiting to pick people off and it kicks off all the way through the park. The area is just too big and open for the Met to police. And plenty of times I have seen them throw scarfers into the lake just for a laugh.'

He wasn't being sensationalist. Neither am I. Just stay awake if you are in small groups, couples walking away.

Thanks to you not many now.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:22 am

Dahboy wrote:
City in Cwmbran wrote:Not going tomorrow but if you are, and more particularly if you are not on coaches, just be alert after the match.

Thanks to you not many now.

Smile mate, life ain’t all bad

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:59 am

Any news on pubs for tomorrow ?

Re: “ WHU......CARDIFF FANS STAY ARERT “

Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Over 2,000 tickets sold :thumbright: :bluebird:

And your right to warn our fans, Some West Ham fans still look for trouble, so yes please be careful :bluebird:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 pm

Used to drink at the King Edward 7th pub when I was a student in Cockney.
Nice pub,near the ground,don't know if it would now be a hone fan pub only since they left Upton Park.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Are tickets still on sale Annis?

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:29 pm

stephendavid wrote:Are tickets still on sale Annis?

Yes Stephen :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi annis.
Just joined this board, but been a city supporter all my life ( Now 60 ! ).
Is the West Ham game ok for my little lad to attend ? He is only eight and city mad ! We are coming down to the home game this Saturday as now live in London.
Just wanted some helpful advice.
Thanks Annis.
Martin

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Blue Moon wrote:Hi annis.
Is the West Ham game ok for my little lad to attend ? He is only eight and city mad ! We are coming down to the home game this Saturday as now live in London.
Thanks Annis.
Martin

You'll be fine. Don't know what its like at the London Stadium but used to take my son to the Upton Park games and walk the length of the barking road with him decked out in city. Past all the lairy pubs without so much as a hint of aggression. Without the child perhaps best not to wear colours.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Cheers Annis. Appreciate the advice. We'll be there !

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Yeah be careful or frodo and bovva will chuck you in the lake.
Just make sure you don’t look like a jorno an you’ll be fine.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Over 2,000 tickets sold :thumbright: :bluebird:

And your right to warn our fans, Some West Ham fans still look for trouble, so yes please be careful :bluebird:

2,000 sold? Is that right if so twice what I expected.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Love the heading ! As Benny Hill used to say, "Stupid Iriot" lol

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Blue Moon wrote:Hi annis.
Thanks Annis.
Martin

Hi Bluemoon,

You will both be fine, I have never heard of West Ham fans attacking children or families, you will both have a great time :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Over 2,000 tickets sold :thumbright: :bluebird:

2,000 sold? Is that right if so twice what I expected.

Yes, excellent Away Support for a Tuesday night away :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Get a grip FFS,

Its far safer than Upton Park ever was and we hardly had any trouble there over the last couple of visits! The London stadium is well policed and there's CCTV everywhere, not saying it can't happen, but its very unlikely unless you go looking for trouble! Everyone have a great night who's travelling and if looking for a drink beforehand I suggest drinking in Liverpool Street, rather than Stratford, as pretty much all the pubs around there are for home supporters only :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:12 pm

West Ham fans are now a soft lot ... a bit like Brighton. All hold hands and get ever so close...... :shock:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:47 pm

Annis will any be on sale in the morning do you know mate?got 2 wanting to go but not got tickets yet

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:10 pm

stephendavid wrote:Annis will any be on sale in the morning do you know mate?got 2 wanting to go but not got tickets yet

On sale up to 11 am I think mate.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm

frazier wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Annis will any be on sale in the morning do you know mate?got 2 wanting to go but not got tickets yet

Thank you my friend

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:17 pm

frazier wrote:

Thank you my friend

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:20 pm

stephendavid wrote:
frazier wrote:

Thank you my friend

:thumbup: