Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales away

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:32 am

Looking for a bit of advice.

Last Wales away trip for me was Belgium 4 years ago. Really fancy the trip to Slovakia or Azerbaijan at the end of next year with a few of the boys from work. Not really sure how it works anymore, or if I'd have any hope of getting a ticket.

Is anyone here a bit more clued up on this?

My thought is that because I don't go away very often that I wouldn't stand a chance.

Any help would be appreciated :ayatollah:

Re: Wales away

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm

BlueDredd wrote:Looking for a bit of advice.

Last Wales away trip for me was Belgium 4 years ago. Really fancy the trip to Slovakia or Azerbaijan at the end of next year with a few of the boys from work. Not really sure how it works anymore, or if I'd have any hope of getting a ticket.

My thought is that because I don't go away very often that I wouldn't stand a chance.

By the time Slovakia comes around in Oct you'll probably be needing 7 or 8 out of the 14 aways to get a ticket. That's starts with Austria and includes the friendlies. They'll be in a new ground but capacity is still limited to 22,500. If you want to go to Azerbaijan you'll get a ticket. They play most of the games in ground holding nearly 70k. I'm doing the Croatia Hungary double header in June and then Azerbaijan. Tbilisi was a great trip last year and I expect Azerbaijan to be similar.

Tickets are getting really difficult to get hold of. There's a lot of people doing an awful lot of games.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:06 pm

epping blue wrote:

By the time Slovakia comes around in Oct you'll probably be needing 7 or 8 out of the 14 aways to get a ticket. That's starts with Austria and includes the friendlies. They'll be in a new ground but capacity is still limited to 22,500. If you want to go to Azerbaijan you'll get a ticket. They play most of the games in ground holding nearly 70k. I'm doing the Croatia Hungary double header in June and then Azerbaijan. Tbilisi was a great trip last year and I expect Azerbaijan to be similar.

Tickets are getting really difficult to get hold of. There's a lot of people doing an awful lot of games.

As you said Tbilisi was amazing. Went to Bratislava for the Austria game may go there again. Love to do Croatia.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:03 pm

epping blue wrote:

Cheers for the reply mate.

I think we'll travel even if we can't get the tickets. I'm sure there'll be a lot of fans in the same boat.

A few days in Slovakia will be a good laugh even if it's in the pubs I reckon.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:08 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
epping blue wrote:

Cheers for the reply mate.

I think we'll travel even if we can't get the tickets. I'm sure there'll be a lot of fans in the same boat.

A few days in Slovakia will be a good laugh even if it's in the pubs I reckon.

Alot of Welsh went to Bratislava last year for the Austria game (much cheaper than staying in austria) and we were drinking in the tourist part. Think they called it the historic sister, may be making that up :lol: , usually drank in an Irish and Scottish bar (which were side by side). Absolute cracking trip.

I've never been on a plane where 90% of the passengers were pissed. :lol: