Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

French players and someone from Bournemouth

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:46 pm

He's probably just playing games, but Sir Neil said this morning that he was off to France to try and sign two players, and that he'd sent someone to watch Bournemouth with a view to a window signing.
If this is all real, who are the players ?

I can only think of Jermain Defoe from Bournemouth, but was he even playing on Saturday ?

Re: French players and someone from Bournemouth

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:59 pm

Stanislas or Defoe i'd say - i'd take either and the french league have some talent, Emilano Sala would be a good striker, he’s having a top season for Nantes as is Nico Pepe of Lille

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Maybe Lys Mousset.. Highly rated when they signed him, not forced his way into first 11

Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:43 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Maybe Lys Mousset.. Highly rated when they signed him, not forced his way into first 11

Still being brought on as sub tho, I'd prob say more so defoe

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:36 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote: and that he'd sent someone to watch Bournemouth with a view to a window signing.

That'll be his wife Sharon on a christmas shopping trip. :lol:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Stanislas or Defoe i'd say - i'd take either and the french league have some talent, Emilano Sala would be a good striker, he’s having a top season for Nantes as is Nico Pepe of Lille

It'd be good if it was Defoe. I did a thread suggesting that a while back, although there's no guarantee that he can still produce goals- he can't get into the Bournemouth team so I'm guessing there's a reason fir that

Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:54 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:He's probably just playing games, but Sir Neil said this morning that he was off to France to try and sign two players, and that he'd sent someone to watch Bournemouth with a view to a window signing.

I can only think of Jermain Defoe from Bournemouth, but was he even playing on Saturday ?

The statement related to the time he went to Bournmouth pre season to watch Real Betis to watch Victor

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm

One of players from france could be Allan Saint-Maximin who we have been linked to on twitter Via Alan Nixon.

He gets some right but just as many wrong so take it how you like, just a name for now.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Can't see it being defoe he wouldn't fit into Cardiff direct style of play at all. Prob be Dan gosling who we were linked with in the summer or maybe Adam Smith the right back who hasn't played recently (May be injured) be exciting to see who we bring in
:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:20 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Can't see it being defoe he wouldn't fit into Cardiff direct style of play at all. Prob be Dan gosling who we were linked with in the summer or maybe Adam Smith the right back who hasn't played recently (May be injured) be exciting to see who we bring in
:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

We are not looking at a Bournemouth player - the article mentioning Bournemouth related to our loan signing of Camarasa ( as mentioned earlier in this thread ).

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:51 pm

He’s already got a good insight into Bournemouth with Harry Arter in the squad, they are bound to have had a few chats regarding players that would fit

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm

65Blue wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:He's probably just playing games, but Sir Neil said this morning that he was off to France to try and sign two players, and that he'd sent someone to watch Bournemouth with a view to a window signing.

The statement related to the time he went to Bournmouth pre season to watch Real Betis to watch Victor

Agree, that’s how I read it. He was talking about scouting Camarasa before we signed him. Mad how people read something and completely get the wrong end of the stick.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Sainte maxime plays on Tuesday, so seems unlikely it's him. Based on scoring tables and size I'd speculate it's either Sala, Mothiba or Laborde.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:33 pm

I think you misread it.

Ref Bournemouth, he was talking past tense. He sent someone to Bournemouth and they spotted camasara playing against them.

But yeah they're watching someone abroad.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:56 pm

Bit of a random one, but if we were willing to take another gamble.. We should look at Marcus Thuram. Big strong, but fairly skillful and mobile but an absolute beast in the air.
Only 22 but has played for France at every youth age group and has has a couple of seasons firth team football with Guingcamp who are currently bottom of the league.. Could be a good time to get him on the cheap.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 pm

langstoneBlue wrote:Bit of a random one, but if we were willing to take another gamble.. We should look at Marcus Thuram. Big strong, but fairly skillful and mobile but an absolute beast in the air.
Only 22 but has played for France at every youth age group and has has a couple of seasons firth team football with Guingcamp who are currently bottom of the league.. Could be a good time to get him on the cheap.

Son of Lilian Thuram ? :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:25 am

norms76 wrote:
65Blue wrote:

Agree, that’s how I read it. He was talking about scouting Camarasa before we signed him. Mad how people read something and completely get the wrong end of the stick.

There’s lots of excited children on here.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:08 pm

A lot of french fixtures on wednesday just looked on live scores nearly full schedule but which one is neil attending hmmn

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
65Blue wrote:

Well I should think that depends upon what you read. That was what it said in the article I read I can assure you.
Do you do private tutoring which might help me improve my standards of comprehension and linguistic skills ?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:15 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
65Blue wrote:

Well I should think that depends upon what you read. That was what it said in the article I read I can assure you.
Do you do private tutoring which might help me improve my standards of comprehension and linguistic skills ?

It's OK mate, we all make mistakes from time to time :oops:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Well, two things there really.
First of all , I didn't think there was much in the story and it's not something I'd quote on a serious subject, just a bit of nonsense to start an interesting conversation in the context of a football forum.
Secondly ,though , and whilst that's okay, I got called " an excitable child " or something and was told that I was a credulous idiot . No need for that, I thought, and I'm not worried at all but needs contradicting .

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:05 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Well, two things there really.
First of all , I didn't think there was much in the story and it's not something I'd quote on a serious subject, just a bit of nonsense to start an interesting conversation in the context of a football forum.
Secondly ,though , and whilst that's okay, I got called " an excitable child " or something and was told that I was a credulous idiot . No need for that, I thought, and I'm not worried at all but needs contradicting .

Welcome to the internet :occasion5:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 pm

He’s clearly heading over to watch the Bordeaux v St Etienne match!

This Cornelius lad for Bordeaux looks the bollox :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:23 pm

Max Gradel is currently top scorer at Toulouse. Was at Bournemouth with Harry A and NW always rated him from days at Leeds Utd. MoM on Sunday with a goal and an assist vs. Dijon...in fact he was mustard :laughing5:
Versatile and hardworking: CF, wide or attacking midfield. Could fit the bill.
Playing at Reims 6:00 tomorrow night, in Champagne country. :ayatollah: :bluebird: :occasion5: