Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CARDIFF CITY WILL GO TO LEAGUE ONE CLUB IN FA CUP “

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:43 pm

Cardiff City will play Gillingham away in the FA Cup Third Round

Match to be played on the weekend of 4-7 January 2019.

FA CUP THIRD ROUND DRAW IN FULL

Accrington Stanley v Ipswich Town
AFC Bournemourh v Brighton
Aston Villa v Swansea City
Bolton Wanderers v Walsall or Sunderland
Brentford v Oxford United
Bristol City v Huddersfield Town
Chelsea v Nottingham Forest
Crystal Palace v Grimsby Town
Derby County v Southampton
Everton v Lincoln City
Fulham v Oldham Athletic
Gillingham v Cardiff City
Guiseley or Fleetwood v AFC Wimbledon
Manchester City v Rotherham United
Manchester United v Reading
Middlesbrough v Peterborough or Bradford
Millwall v Hull City
Newcastle United v Blackburn Rovers
Newport or Wrexham v Leicester City
Norwich City v Portsmouth
Preston North End v Doncaster Rovers
Sheffield United v Barnet
Sheffield Wednesday v Luton Town
Shrewsbury Town v Stoke City
Solihull or Blackpool v Arsenal
Tranmere or Southport v Tottenham
QPR v Leeds United
West Bromwich Albion v Wigan Athletic
West Ham v Birmingham City
Woking v Watford
Wolves v Liverpool

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY WILL GO TO LEAGUE ONE CLUB IN FA CUP “

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Quite a nice tie actually a team we ain’t played for a long time, anybody know the date ?

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:49 pm

Had a nose on their forum and there’s a couple on there confident of them turning us over. ;)

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Quite a nice tie actually a team we ain’t played for a long time, anybody know the date ?

Nice draw for both teams - usually first weekend in January I think

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:59 pm

4/7 th jan

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Decent draw
Put the seconds out and get home with everyone fit and healthy for the league matches

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:04 pm

What a mouth watering tie. I bet the whole footballing world will be looking forward to this one. Cert to be on tv live, should attract a massive global audience.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:10 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:What a mouth watering tie. I bet the whole footballing world will be looking forward to this one. Cert to be on tv live, should attract a massive global audience.

Wouldnt suprise me if s4c picked it up

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:16 pm

Gillingham managed by Welshman,Steve Lovell,let’s hope we try to win a FACup tie this year as it’s a winnable Trophy for a Premier League team!

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:17 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:What a mouth watering tie. I bet the whole footballing world will be looking forward to this one. Cert to be on tv live, should attract a massive global audience.

Wouldnt suprise me if s4c picked it up

Agreed. Whoever wins out of Wrexham and Newport will probably get picked up by BBC or BT.

Would leave S4C with a choice between us and the Swansea match, if they’re going to select a match. Think they’d favour our game over an all Championship match.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:05 pm

a lower league club at home v a prem club i think its just the sort of tie that will end up moved and on TV.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:13 pm

Only 2 Premier League match up's in that draw .

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:31 pm

dogfound wrote:

a lower league club at home v a prem club i think its just the sort of tie that will end up moved and on TV.

Not sure this one will. I doubt if many football fans outside of Gillingham or Cardiff will be desperate to watch this particular tie. In fact, although I have been a big fan of City for longer than I care to remember, afraid this tie does not do a lot for me.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:45 pm

Premier League opposition to visit Priestfield in round three of the FA Cup.

Gillingham will play Cardiff City at The Medway Priestfield Stadium in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup.

The draw was made at Stamford Bridge on Monday evening with Gills boss Steve Lovell present at Chelsea Football Club where Mark Chapman conducted proceedings with Ruud Gullit and Paul Ince in charge of drawing the ties.

The Gills beat Slough Town 1-0 on Sunday to advance to the third round for the first since 2012.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:20 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Not sure this one will. I doubt if many football fans outside of Gillingham or Cardiff will be desperate to watch this particular tie. In fact, although I have been a big fan of City for longer than I care to remember, afraid this tie does not do a lot for me.

I hope your correct as I want to go and doubt I will if its moved and on TV..

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:49 am

Hope it stays at 3pm on a sat will be a good day out.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Neil,tell us what shit team you are going to select before we spend our dough and a horrendous trip to Kent.
Priority on the League so to speak comes to mind.