Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ayatollah

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:03 pm

Made a brief appearance against wolves, love it because it’s ours and will only ever be ours. More please. I’ll be there also made a brief appearance and more effort on men of Harlech

Re: Ayatollah

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:39 am

Stringfellow wrote:Made a brief appearance against wolves, love it because it’s ours and will only ever be ours. More please. I’ll be there also made a brief appearance and more effort on men of Harlech

I disagree, had its day and time to be put to bed.

Not sure if you are old enough to remember, but the best unique Cardiff chant died in the eightees.

Kay - Or - Diff !!!

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 am

Stringfellow wrote:Made a brief appearance against wolves, love it because it’s ours and will only ever be ours. More please. I’ll be there also made a brief appearance and more effort on men of Harlech

Spot on, those that don't like it, don't do it.

Now part of our traditions and folklore.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:02 am

Rita Pidsdale wrote:

Not sure if you are old enough to remember, but the best unique Cardiff chant died in the eightees.

Kay - Or - Diff !!!

What!? Outrageous, its a part of our identity as a football club, a unique way to greet each other and players. Long live the Ayatollah.

Do you also feel the same about the Welsh language?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:30 am

JimCP91 wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:

Kay - Or - Diff !!!

What!? Outrageous, its a part of our identity as a football club, a unique way to greet each other and players. Long live the Ayatollah.

Always someone looking for a spat on here, read my post again, look at the first two words !

Opinions, Piers, everyones entitled.

Cael diwrnod braf, ac efallai dewis eich ymladd mewn mannau eraill!

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:36 am

Rita Pidsdale wrote:
JimCP91 wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:

Kay - Or - Diff !!!

Always someone looking for a spat on here, read my post again, look at the first two words !

Opinions, Piers, everyones entitled.

Cael diwrnod braf, ac efallai dewis eich ymladd mewn mannau eraill!

Didn't know you could speak Russian. :laughing6:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Agree with Rita, that Kairdiff chant in the 70s was so unique, do it these days and people look at you like you can't speak proper.Still love the ayotolla when everyone's joining in though.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:45 pm

It's ours it will never stop :ayatollah: oh wait a minute I'm a jack according to a few pricks on here :banghead:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:10 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:33 pm

I was the one that got it started in block 103 and was pleased everyone joined in. The ayatollah is always something I will identify as being a Cardiff City thing and I’ll be doing the same next game. If people don’t want to join in that’s their decision of course, but personally it puts a smile on my face. :bluebird:

“Everyone, do the ayatollah...” :ayatollah: