Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: WHU ATTACK AS GOOD AS ANY

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:43 am

Neil Warnock and Cardiff City are right to fear West Ham’s attack ahead of Premier League clash
By Caleb Sage

West Ham take on Cardiff City this evening at the London Stadium as they look to make it back-to-back Premier League wins following their 3-0 victory away at Newcastle United over the weekend.

And while Cardiff head into the fixture fresh from collecting three points themselves after their defeat of Wolves, Neil Warnock knows a difficult task awaits his side when they make the trip to east London.

Heading into the game, Warnock has highlighted West Ham’s attack in particular, describing it as being “as good as any in the division”.

“You have a £45m left winger, a £30m striker and £15-20m wide players,” Warnock told Sky Sports. “They’ve got a very, very good front four – as good as anyone in the division really.

“I would have any of those four. We have got to go there and try and compete. It is important that we are very strong and well organised to start with.”

And looking at some of the names Manuel Pellegrini has at disposal, it is not hard to see where Warnock is coming from.

Despite a slow start to life in England, everything pointed towards Felipe Anderson being a quality winger, something that he is now showing, while on his day Marko Arnautovic is probably a Premier League top-six calibre forward.

Luckily for Warknock, Andriy Yarmolenko, who was in great form before picking up an Achilles injury, is still sidelined following surgery, giving the 70-year-old one less problem to worry about.

But even in the Ukraine international’s absence, West Ham still look like a dangerous outfit going forward and one that will almost certainly ask many questions of Cardiff’s defence.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: WHU ATTACK AS GOOD AS ANY

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:50 am

Gonna be a tough game tonight. Would bite someone's hand off for a draw!!

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:04 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Gonna be a tough game tonight. Would bite someone's hand off for a draw!!

To be honest, I'd take that right now but we are becoming more resilient and if we can frustrate the West Ham team, their support is not slow to get on their backs :thumbright:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Sven wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Gonna be a tough game tonight. Would bite someone's hand off for a draw!!

To be honest, I'd take that right now but we are becoming more resilient and if we can frustrate the West Ham team, their support is not slow to get on their backs :thumbright:

True but I do worry about our organisation skills a bit. From the games I've seen our midfield can be all over the place leaving massive gaps. And west spam are more than capable of exploiting that. Apart from that keep the faith and up the city!

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 pm

I really don't like it when he praises the other team. To say he would take any of there front 4 is hardly going to inspire our frontline.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I really don't like it when he praises the other team. To say he would take any of there front 4 is hardly going to inspire our frontline.

Warnocks mind games....... ;) :thumbup:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Wonder if we will change our attack tonight or change for the spton game?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Bananas wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I really don't like it when he praises the other team. To say he would take any of there front 4 is hardly going to inspire our frontline.

Whats the effect supposed to do boost there confidents and knock ours?

Suppose you would say he is trying to put pressure on them but I think if anything our players need a confidence boost away from home.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Suppose you would say he is trying to put pressure on them but I think if anything our players need a confidence boost away from home.

I think it's a tactic that's used in nearly every interview by every single manager throughout the football league.

How many times have you ever heard a manager say before a match "yeah I don't think they're very good. We've got better players etc".

I feel you're overreacting and singling Warnock out for something that's done week in week out by his counterparts.

It's a mind game that puts the pressure on West Ham's front 3 or 4 to perform. The expectancy of them to run riot has gone up, and the expectancy of our defenders has gone down. Like it or not.. It's a tactic.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:40 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bananas wrote:

I think it's a tactic that's used in nearly every interview by every single manager throughout the football league.

How many times have you ever heard a manager say before a match "yeah I don't think they're very good. We've got better players etc".

I feel you're overreacting and singling Warnock out for something that's done week in week out by his counterparts.

It's a mind game that puts the pressure on West Ham's front 3 or 4 to perform. The expectancy of them to run riot has gone up, and the expectancy of our defenders has gone down. Like it or not.. It's a tactic.

Correct.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:54 pm

BlueDredd wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bananas wrote:

I disagree I don't see managers doing it week in week out. Yes they play mind games but I don't see managers across the leagues saying the things Warnock does, I think its amateur lower league nonsense if i'm honest. Its not going to make a spot of difference. The only thing I can see is Murphy and Reid thinking oh he thinks a lot of us.

Its not a overreaction, its just an opinion/thought from reading the above. im hardly raging mad :lol:

and of course im going to single him out he's our manager :laughing5:

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bananas wrote:

I disagree I don't see managers doing it week in week out. Yes they play mind games but I don't see managers across the leagues saying the things Warnock does, I think its amateur lower league nonsense if i'm honest. Its not going to make a spot of difference. The only thing I can see is Murphy and Reid thinking oh he thinks a lot of us.

Its not a overreaction, its just an opinion/thought from reading the above. im hardly raging mad :lol:

Behind closed doors, he will be building our team up and slating wet ham, as said above what he says to the media is just mind games, to try and get teams to underestimate us and most do.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Bluebina wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Behind closed doors, he will be building our team up and slating wet ham, as said above what he says to the media is just mind games, to try and get teams to underestimate us and most do.

Their fans will be agreeing with his comments and be very frustrated and on their backs, if they've not scored by 30 mins, Warnock is very strong in this area of Management.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:24 pm

Oh come on fans ain't that naive, especially if they have been watching them week in week out. It nonsense.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:28 pm

Bluebina wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Dead right. The players won't give a hoot what Warnock says in public. The important stuff goes on in the dressing room, not in press conferences.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Dead right. The players won't give a hoot what Warnock says in public. The important stuff goes on in the dressing room, not in press conferences.

I think Everton are a better side than West Ham and a repeat of that performance against these tonight might see us get something.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Tonight we made them look world beaters ..... :lol: