Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone can miss a pen !

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 pm

The bigger picture is he is struggling to make the step up,has had a needless sending off and just walks back in the team when his ban is over.
He must be doing something right in training cos Warnock rates him but most fans on here including me can’t see it on match day.
I think his confidence will be shot now and unless there’s injuries for Saturday surely a change.
Hopefully he can then earn his place and crack on.

Re: Anyone can miss a pen !

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:38 pm

theclaw wrote:The bigger picture is he is struggling to make the step up,has had a needless sending off and just walks back in the team when his ban is over.
He must be doing something right in training cos Warnock rates him but most fans on here including me can’t see it on match day.
I think his confidence will be shot now and unless there’s injuries for Saturday surely a change.
Hopefully he can then earn his place and crack on.

I've never missed one.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:04 am

I don't like to critisise but that was an awful attempt at a penalty

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:33 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I don't like to critisise but that was an awful attempt at a penalty

Yep looks good when you side foot it the other way the keeper gos . But we he gos same way looks poor . Most players wait for keeper and slot in other side. Something hazard good at doing

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm

I like the way Jamie Hardy takes them, he puts plenty of power behind them and if the goalie saves it, it has to be a top save.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:13 pm

If you kick the ball on the ground when taking a penalty then if the keeper guesses the right way he's going to save it easily especially if there is insufficient power in the kick like Ralls yesterday.

If you put the ball in either top corner there is no goalkeeper who is going to get anywhere near it yet very few players seem to have the confidence or ability to put the ball in the top corners.

For any professional footballer playing at the highest level surely it's a skill that should come fairly naturally to them. If it doesn't then they should be practising until they're able to do it regularly.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:22 am

Should of smashed it down the middle if the keeper saves it he saves it,easy to say after the event mind