Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

January Transfer Window

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:50 am

Just come back from the West Ham game.

I know Warnock said he was happy with how we played in the post match interview but I completely disagree and think we let ourselves down.

We are makeshift premier league side - that is for sure. We are punching above our weight in this league but we have been putting all our heart and energy into each and every game which has buoyed the fans base to continue supporting both warnock and the team.

Tonight we were a joke - aside from 5-7 minutes of tica taca football in the second half we were abysmal. The reason for this is tiredness in the team - both mental and physical.

If the team stays the way it is now - we won’t embarrass ourselves and we will finish the season on 30 odd points. If we want to make a serious go at staying up - Tan needs to put funds up to:

1. Purchase a premier league standard striker. We all love Patterson, but playing our right back as our main striker is beyond makeshift and needs to change. We don’t need to take a punt on a championship forward - we need to take a gamble and pay £10-£15 million on a proven striker who will get us 10+ goals in the second half the season.

2. We need a right back. Manga is a decent player at CB but he looked more lost than usual tonight at RB and if we don’t get an outa and out RB in January our defence will keep getting carved open again and again as it did tonight.

3. We need some creativity in midfield. Ralls was poor again tonight - even without the penalty. Arter was anonymous and Gunnarson was unable to fulfil his job holding the midfield due to the sheer amount of pressure West Ham put on us. Let’s get someone who can make things happen in the centre to lighten the load of Gunnars and make our team look more alive.

IMO if these changes don’t happen in Jan then it is a statement that CCFC are treating the premier league purely as a windfall and do not want to progress in this season. Financially it could makes sense but will the fans continue to get behind an unambitious team all season? I don’t think so somehow.

Did deep in January Vincent - 40 points is not unrealistic with the right signings.

Re: January Transfer Window

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:53 pm

How much is there to spend ??