Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let’s be fair

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 am

you were dire - expected a bigger challenge like we used to get from the Swans.
At least they gave us a game.
Enjoy your trip back down to the Chsmpionship at least Vinne can claw a few more millions back.

Re: Let’s be fair

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:18 am

Cheap talk troll boy.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:50 am

Expected a bit of fight noise and atmosphere from West Ham fans. All sold out or not even bothered to turn up?!

League 2 fans.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:32 am

Your ground is and fans are shit :wave:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 am

Daya wrote:you were dire - expected a bigger challenge like we used to get from the Swans.
Enjoy your trip back down to the Chsmpionship at least Vinne can claw a few more millions back.

Two things

Where were your famous ICF to give us a nice, warm welcome? And

You must really miss Upton Park, a proper football ground. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 am

Daya wrote:you were dire - expected a bigger challenge like we used to get from the Swans.

Nice to see you post as yourself now you finally have something positive to chirp about! ;) :thumbright:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Talk about singing when your winning.More atmosphere on the moon.Different story if that pen had gone in as your team confidence is very fragile which is understandable with such a fickle fan following.We support our boys winning or losing.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Enjoy that soulless, half empty pit for the rest of your days lad. :sleepy2:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:56 pm

would honestly take league 2 over having to go there to watch football.

don't blame you for going on other clubs boards for a wind up because that is all that's left for you lot...

your heart must sink each time you walk in there...

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 pm

I thought West Ham Ham had got a blinding deal, with them getting that stadium for free. However, having now had the pleasure(use that term loosely) of watching a game there, I feel so sorry for the supporters, who have to turn up there every other week. It is the worst ground I have ever been in to watch a game of football, miles from the pitch, vast areas of open space between seating areas, no atmosphere and a sized pitch that will always be kinder to the most technical sides,which West Ham will never be. Why I really feel sorry for the supporters there, is that if West Ham, ever get relegated, which given their history is a probable, they will never recover in that stadium. Current owners will take the money and run and no new owners would ever be interested in that club. On the game itself, agreed, we looked like a poor FA cup side, that eventually got found out, second half :laughing6:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:40 pm

To be fair, West Ham are a better side than us at the moment, and we have some catching up to do. I think they will finish in the top twelve, possibly higher. Not been to their new ground, but always enjoyed Upton Park. Plenty of atmosphere at their old ground, and some cracking players have graced that place over the years. Bobby Moore, one of my favourite childhood players, and plenty of others like Hurst and Peters. They used to play good attacking football, and were fun to watch in the old European competitions.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:To be fair, West Ham are a better side than us at the moment, and we have some catching up to do. I think they will finish in the top twelve, possibly higher. Not been to their new ground, but always enjoyed Upton Park. Plenty of atmosphere at their old ground, and some cracking players have graced that place over the years. Bobby Moore, one of my favourite childhood players, and plenty of others like Hurst and Peters. They used to play good attacking football, and were fun to watch in the old European competitions.

Steve, they showed last night they have a bit about them and, like you, I expect them to pull away a little soon

The difference between Upton Park/Boleyn Ground and the London/Olympic Stadium is chalk and cheese; it's way to spread out and pretty souless

Mind you, the West Ham support doesn't help much either! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Sven wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:To be fair, West Ham are a better side than us at the moment, and we have some catching up to do. I think they will finish in the top twelve, possibly higher. Not been to their new ground, but always enjoyed Upton Park. Plenty of atmosphere at their old ground, and some cracking players have graced that place over the years. Bobby Moore, one of my favourite childhood players, and plenty of others like Hurst and Peters. They used to play good attacking football, and were fun to watch in the old European competitions.

Steve, they showed last night they have a bit about them and, like you, I expect them to pull away a little soon

The difference between Upton Park/Boleyn Ground and the London/Olympic Stadium is chalk and cheese; it's way to spread out and pretty souless

Mind you, the West Ham support doesn't help much either! :ayatollah:

I guess that's modern stadiums for you. Completely different from the old grounds where most of us were'nt interested in seats. I expect the modern supporter would hate the sort of grounds I like, but there was something about them, a bit like the way pubs have changed from the old spit and sawdust bars to something that resembles an airport lounge, and charges airport prices. I still prefer old traditional pubs with proper beer, not these modern places where youngsters will happily pay £5 for a bottle of Becks, drink two of them and then want to fight the world. I suppose I should move with the times and join the rest of the population who don't mind being ripped off every day, but for now I will try my hardest to stay a grumpy old sod for as long as possible. :old:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:58 pm

TERRYB wrote:

Two things

Where were your famous ICF to give us a nice, warm welcome? And

You must really miss Upton Park, a proper football ground. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :D

Tel, not giving the troll no back up here but they had a right lot out in Stratford before the game. All old school as well

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:22 pm

Must fill you with pride walking through Zambia to that soulless bowl of a stadium. Propper West Ham :lol:

Congrats on the win though :occasion5:

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:51 pm

There were no grounds for expecting a bigger challenge, as Swansea were a better team then, than we currently are.

Only a half-wit could possibly arrive at that conclusion.