Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: “ POTENTIAL NEW SIGNINGS “

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:14 am

The media spoke to Warnock last night about potential new signings:

Wednesday 5th December 2018

Neil Warnock:

I’m off to look at potential signings”

Four or five of us. We've got to, haven't we?

"It's an important part, January and I'm hoping we can get three or four to help the lads that are here.

"Because we've shown that we compete. More than Everton really tonight, we looked a decent side after that first 10 minutes when we weathered the storm.

"It would have been interesting if the penalty went in because that would have changed the whole complexion of the game, with the crowd and everything and the half-time team talk.

"It's another disappointment for me, but I'm afraid I'm still going to get them at my age."

Strengthening our defence?

"Well I thought I've never seen (Felipe) Anderson as quiet this season. He ripped Newcastle to pieces and yes he lost Bruno once but I thought Morrison and Bamba did well tonight, I can't remember the strikers doing much at all.

"I thought Bennett had his best game of the season, so in answer to that - no. I thought the back four did alright.

"If I didn't get another defender, it wouldn't worry me.

"More important we've got to have someone up our sleeve if something happens to Gunnarsson and we've got to have a striker as we can't ask Paterson to do it, even though I thought it was his best game. I thought he controlled it well tonight and played some good balls for the wide lads."

Is is France you're going to?

"We're going all over Europe. You'll be looking at all those games now won't you!"

Are you interested in Jermain Defoe?

"No."

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: “ POTENTIAL NEW SIGNINGS “

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:20 pm

I am quite certain Warnocks mastermind tricks means we are in for Defoe … but his comments that Bennett had his best game all season and he wouldn’t be worried if didn’t strengthen defence WORRIES me a lot.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:08 pm

4 players, he wont be able to fit them all on the bench :lol:

Wolfpac wrote:I am quite certain Warnocks mastermind tricks means we are in for Defoe … but his comments that Bennett had his best game all season and he wouldn’t be worried if didn’t strengthen defence WORRIES me a lot.

I wouldn't have thought so, he doesn't fit how we play in the slightest or what Warnock likes in a striker

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:27 pm

I heard on the radio this morning that Arsenal are not offering Danny Wellbeck a new deal. I know he gets injured a lot, and there'd be a lot of interest, but maybe a contract with relegation release?

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:15 pm

If he's going to France I hope its Sala he's looking at

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Jordan Mutch now linked to a City return...?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=202472

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Would make sense that it was Sala. Fits the style, scored a hat full and Nantes have announced that he will be leaving in the January window as his contract has only 18 months remaining.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Demand a few of 25mill being reported online so not gonna be him.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Being reported that he's the player warnock went to see
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:The media spoke to Warnock last night about potential new signings:

Wednesday 5th December 2018

Neil Warnock:

I’m off to look at potential signings”

Four or five of us. We've got to, haven't we?

"It's an important part, January and I'm hoping we can get three or four to help the lads that are here.

"Because we've shown that we compete. More than Everton really tonight, we looked a decent side after that first 10 minutes when we weathered the storm.

"It would have been interesting if the penalty went in because that would have changed the whole complexion of the game, with the crowd and everything and the half-time team talk.

"It's another disappointment for me, but I'm afraid I'm still going to get them at my age."

Strengthening our defence?

"Well I thought I've never seen (Felipe) Anderson as quiet this season. He ripped Newcastle to pieces and yes he lost Bruno once but I thought Morrison and Bamba did well tonight, I can't remember the strikers doing much at all.

"I thought Bennett had his best game of the season, so in answer to that - no. I thought the back four did alright.

"If I didn't get another defender, it wouldn't worry me.

"More important we've got to have someone up our sleeve if something happens to Gunnarsson and we've got to have a striker as we can't ask Paterson to do it, even though I thought it was his best game. I thought he controlled it well tonight and played some good balls for the wide lads."

Is is France you're going to?

"We're going all over Europe. You'll be looking at all those games now won't you!"

Are you interested in Jermain Defoe?

"No."

Very worrying.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:05 am

What Neil says and what he does are definitely 2 different things. He has to say he comfortable with the defence as if he says he isnt - it demoralises the defenders we do have - who do put themselves on the line week in / out.
Warnock is a mind games joker, he's been doing this stuff for years and knows exactly how to play it - which is great.
If Zohore cant pull his finger out his backside, which he appears unable to do, then we need to offload him to the championship or back to somewhere in Europe.

I cant fault any of the players this season for their attitude, aptitude, commitment and team togetherness - lose that and we are doomed, keep it - and we have a chance. We need an alternative up front for Paterson in case he gets injured. We also need alternatives for Danny Ward etc

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Just wondering was fabio playing for Nantes yesterday.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 pm

maltablue wrote:Just wondering was fabio playing for Nantes yesterday.

Yeah he started last night

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:47 pm

F..k me not another old cardiff player link fabio along with jordan mutch we might as well go full hog and start playing in red again