“ Neil Warnock after last nights defeat “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:21 am

The gaffer spoke after the 3-1 defeat to West Ham United at the London Stadium

Wednesday 5th December 2018

Neil Warnock was in surprisingly upbeat mood despite Cardiff City's 3-1 defeat at West Ham United.

Another defeat on the road for the Bluebirds, with the gaffer asked about Joe Ralls' penalty miss, his side's defensive mistakes and the upcoming January transfer window in his post-match press conference.

Neil, did key things go wrong at key moments tonight?

"Yeah, but I thought it showed we can win games away from home. I pulled Manuel aside in the technical area and said 'how can we be losing 3-0 to you?' and he said 'I don't know'.

"And I don't know. A mad 10 to 12 minutes.

"If the penalty goes in, you could sense the crowd beginning to feel it wasn't going their way.

"But we couldn't get it. I wouldn't criticise Rallsy. He'll get some stick from the fans I know but I think it takes some guts to take a penalty. I couldn't take on, I couldn't even watch. So I won't criticise someone who misses the penalty."

Will there be a discussion over who'll take the next one?

"Oh Victor will take it, he was second and asked (Joe) if he wanted it, so he'll take the next one if we get another one.

"Because I thought we should have got another one, the rabbit hug or whatever you call it on Morrison - the referee had a great view of that one.

"But it took a long time to get one penalty, so we're not going to get two I don't think!"

And Victor missed a few chances of his own?

"Yeah, he's learning all the time.

"He's played well but then he's cost us a goal just because of the quickness of the game. It's not like Spain and he knows it's a mistake that shouldn't have cost us but it has.

"He's still learning but he's a very very good player. He's got a great future ahead of him, we're lucky to have him and he'll learn from these mistakes.

Did defensive errors cost you?

"Well I don't know how you can legislate for two players going up for the same ball. Or how you can legislate Antonio going across Paterson in that position.”

"There's not much more we can do. We work on all these things in training, so once again it's frustrating. And it's not just been tonight, it's been all season and you'd think we don't talk on it or work on it. We've never worked harder, but probably we shouldn't bother, it might work better than that!"
Attachments
8804F3F7-CB44-44F1-9AB8-1E296017AE5D.jpeg
8804F3F7-CB44-44F1-9AB8-1E296017AE5D.jpeg (128.06 KiB) Viewed 2351 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Neil Warnock after last nights defeat “

Postby Dahboy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:The gaffer spoke after the 3-1 defeat to West Ham United at the London Stadium

Neil Warnock was in surprisingly upbeat mood despite Cardiff City's 3-1 defeat at West Ham United.

Another defeat on the road for the Bluebirds, with the gaffer asked about Joe Ralls' penalty miss, his side's defensive mistakes and the upcoming January transfer window in his post-match press conference.

"Yeah, but I thought it showed we can win games away from home
. I pulled Manuel aside in the technical area and said 'how can we be losing 3-0 to you?' and he said 'I don't know'.

"If the penalty goes in, you could sense the crowd beginning to feel it wasn't going their way.

"But we couldn't get it. I wouldn't criticise Rallsy. He'll get some stick from the fans I know but I think it takes some guts to take a penalty. I couldn't take on, I couldn't even watch. So I won't criticise someone who misses the penalty."

"Oh Victor will take it, he was second and asked (Joe) if he wanted it, so he'll take the next one if we get another one.

"Because I thought we should have got another one, the rabbit hug or whatever you call it on Morrison - the referee had a great view of that one.

"But it took a long time to get one penalty, so we're not going to get two I don't think!"

"He's played well but then he's cost us a goal just because of the quickness of the game. It's not like Spain and he knows it's a mistake that shouldn't have cost us but it has.

"He's still learning but he's a very very good player. He's got a great future ahead of him, we're lucky to have him and he'll learn from these mistakes.

"Well I don't know how you can legislate for two players going up for the same ball. Or how you can legislate Antonio going across Paterson in that position.”

"There's not much more we can do. We work on all these things in training, so once again it's frustrating. And it's not just been tonight, it's been all season and you'd think we don't talk on it or work on it. We've never worked harder, but probably we shouldn't bother, it might work better than that!"

WTF Don't know about that Neil.
Dahboy

Postby Melsuttonholyboots » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:08 pm

Don't know about what exactly. ?
Melsuttonholyboots

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The gaffer spoke after the 3-1 defeat to West Ham United at the London Stadium

"Yeah, but I thought it showed we can win games away from home
. I pulled Manuel aside in the technical area and said 'how can we be losing 3-0 to you?' and he said 'I don't know'.

WTF Don't know about that Neil.

Everyone on this forum gets the point, you love to criticise everything when we lose. You must have a very impressive coaching C.V. yourself to always be so cynical.
BrightBlueFuture

Return to General Chat