Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Winger

Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Warnock dosent seem 100 percent happy with his wide players this season chopping and changing all the time and even murphy is out of favour. We need more creativity and more goals to stay up so signing a winger along with a striker would help that massively. Camarassa can play centre too then and feed the wingers and striker.

That french bloke mentioned on here looks good allan saint maximin, dont know if there was any credibility in that link? Anyone got any other ideas for some quality wingers? Right winger we need?

Re: Winger

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:26 pm

a winger is the last of our worries. a ST, DM and RB are priorities (in that order)

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 pm

nubbsy wrote:a winger is the last of our worries. a ST, DM and RB are priorities (in that order)

I get your point because we do have a lot of wingers but for me im not sure if any of them are good enough apart from murphy, harris and NML jury is out and hoilett has been poor apart from his wonder goal.

If i was warnock id be making a top class winger a priority 100%

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:a winger is the last of our worries. a ST, DM and RB are priorities (in that order)

I get your point because we do have a lot of wingers but for me im not sure if any of them are good enough apart from murphy, harris and NML jury is out and hoilett has been poor apart from his wonder goal.

If i was warnock id be making a top class winger a priority 100%

I agree and disagree with both of you.
Priority has to be Right back, Defensive midfield and upfront, the key positions that needed strengthening over the summer which for some reason we decided not to strengthen.

Warnock likes his wingers and I can see him getting one if he can, NML is never far off an injury, Hoilett has struggled and Harris is out of contract in the summer so they may try and shift him come January.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:46 pm

Perhaps he may suprise us by selling a few of the current 16?

Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:48 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Warnock dosent seem 100 percent happy with his wide players this season chopping and changing all the time and even murphy is out of favour. We need more creativity and more goals to stay up so signing a winger along with a striker would help that massively. Camarassa can play centre too then and feed the wingers and striker.

That french bloke mentioned on here looks good allan saint maximin, dont know if there was any credibility in that link? Anyone got any other ideas for some quality wingers? Right winger we need?

I think he wants them to defend as well as attack, they seem to need switching and the odd rest to get the best out of them.

So I think it's horses for courses and he picks his wingers depending on who we are playing and whether its home or away attacking or defending preferences.