Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Southampton?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:00 pm

Cardiff City win
74%
Southampton win
9%
Draw
17%

Total votes : 35

MATCH THREAD: “ CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON “ MATCH THREAD

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:00 pm

CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON
Saturday 8th December, 3pm
Premier League
Cardiff City Stadium

CARDIFF FANS CAN PAY ON THE DAY :thumbright: :bluebird:

SOUTHAMPTON HAVE SOLD THEIR 3,000 ALLOCATION OF TICKETS :bluebird:

Cardiff XI: Etheridge; Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Arter; Mendez-Laing, Murphy, Paterson.

Southampton XI: McCarthy; Valery, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Targett; Romeu, Hojbjerg; Armstrong, Lemina, Redmond; Austin.

CARDIFF TEAM NEWS: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

Danny Ward is out injured.
Gary Madine has had a few problems.
Lee Peltier is now fully fit.
Mendez-Laing is back fully fit.

Kenneth Zohore has only had one days trading this week.

Jazz Richards is still out injured

About Southampton

Southampton Football Club is a professional association football club based in Southampton, Hampshire, England, which plays in the Premier League, the top tier of English football.

Their home ground since 2001 has been St Mary's Stadium, before which they were based at The Dell. The club has been nicknamed "The Saints" since its inception in 1885 due to its history as a church football team, founded as St. Mary's Church of England Young Men's Association, and play in red and white shirts. Southampton has a long-standing rivalry with Portsmouth due to its close proximity and both cities' respective maritime history. Matches between the two sides are known as the South Coast derby.

The club has won the FA Cup once, in 1976, and their highest-ever league finish was second in the First Division in 1983–84.

Southampton were relegated from the Premier League on 15 May 2005, ending 27 successive seasons of top-division football for the club. They returned after a seven-year absence, and have played there ever since.

Previous Meeting

Our last game against Southampton was a Premier League fixture in March 2014 at St Mary’s Stadium. We won 1-0 thanks to a second-half goal by Juan Cala.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Ralls, Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa, Hoilett, Paterson

Southampton: McCarthy, Soares, Stephens, Yoshida, Targett, Davis, Højbjerg, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Redmond, Gabbiadini

Form - Last Three Games

West Ham United 3-1 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 2-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Everton 1-0 Cardiff City

Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Southampton
Southampton 2-2 Manchester United
Leicester City 0-0 Southampton

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 7/4
Southampton - 13/8
Draw - 11/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON “ MATCH THREAD

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 pm

CARDIFF FANS CAN PAY ON THE DAY :thumbright: :bluebird:

SOUTHAMPTON HAVE SOLD THEIR 3,000 ALLOCATION OF TICKETS :thumbright:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Hopefully we can put a good shift in get the right result against an unsettled Saints team and put the West Ham game behind us , onwards and upwards
3-1 City
You are my Cardiff !

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:00 pm

KJblue wrote:Hopefully we can put a good shift in get the right result against an unsettled Saints team and put the West Ham game behind us , onwards and upwards
3-1 City
You are my Cardiff !

The unsettled Saints team gave Spurs a good go tonight. New manager syndrome means this is the worst time to play them. I am very fearful of this game. Can we score first? Anything other than defeat and I'll be over joyed.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:05 pm

I think we will just about win this one. 2-1. :bluescarf:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:09 pm

Bore draw for me 0:0

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:11 am

EastleighBlue wrote:
KJblue wrote:Hopefully we can put a good shift in get the right result against an unsettled Saints team and put the West Ham game behind us , onwards and upwards
3-1 City
You are my Cardiff !

The unsettled Saints team gave Spurs a good go tonight. New manager syndrome means this is the worst time to play them. I am very fearful of this game. Can we score first? Anything other than defeat and I'll be over joyed.

No offence,but huddersfield had 22 shots to 5 and 63% possession away at Bournemouth, and still lost,I believe a defeat in this manner,does more harm than good,just my opinion of course. :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:42 am

2-0 to the bluebirds

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:54 am

5-1 to the mighty bluebirds :ayatollah: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:32 pm

BANANAS

bloody hell bananas 5? things are looking up just wait till we sign fabio mutch and earnshaw we will be in Europe next season

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:20 pm

CITY 2-1 :thumbup:

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON “ MATCH THREAD

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:31 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

Danny Ward is out injured.
Gary Madine has had a few problems.
Lee Peltier is now fully fit.
Mendez-Laing is back fully fit.

Kenneth Zohore has only had one days trading this week.

Jazz Richards is still out injured
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON “ MATCH THREAD

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Just had a read through the Southampton forum. The following are expected by them to be injured or not playing:

Bertrand, Cedric, Ings, Long and Gallagher.

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ CARDIFF CITY v SOUTHAMPTON “ MATCH THREA

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Cardiff XI: Etheridge; Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Arter; Mendez-Laing, Murphy, Paterson.

Southampton XI: McCarthy; Valery, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Targett; Romeu, Hojbjerg; Armstrong, Lemina, Redmond; Austin.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:29 pm

0-0 for me,poor conditions and a game both sides don’t want to lose.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Very poor finishing and decision making in pen area should be 3 or more up will it be costly? They are not very good but will he get them playing better hope not......

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Very poor finishing and decision making in pen area should be 3 or more up will it be costly? They are not very good but will he get them playing better hope not......

Agreed. Really can't see the Saints getting a goal. I have a feeling the one goal will win it for us. we hold be able to do that against this team.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Very poor finishing and decision making in pen area should be 3 or more up will it be costly? They are not very good but will he get them playing better hope not......

Agreed. Really can't see the Saints getting a goal. I have a feeling the one goal will win it for us. we hold be able to do that against this team.

As I was saying.