Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ropey walk to ground

Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Had a few beers in the weatherspoon pub in Stratford before the game and the locals were fine with us,but that walk to the ground was a right dodgy one I can see why they pick people in cars an on train off easily with all the alley ways,lanes,side streets!luckily the 5 of us didn't get noticed

Re: Ropey walk to ground

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:16 pm

stephendavid wrote:Had a few beers in the weatherspoon pub in Stratford before the game and the locals were fine with us,but that walk to the ground was a right dodgy one I can see why they pick people in cars an on train off easily with all the alley ways,lanes,side streets!luckily the 5 of us didn't get noticed

By contrast,our walk to and from the coach park to the Stadium was totally safe and uneventful, much to my surprise!

Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:21 pm

TERRYB wrote:
stephendavid wrote:Had a few beers in the weatherspoon pub in Stratford before the game and the locals were fine with us,but that walk to the ground was a right dodgy one I can see why they pick people in cars an on train off easily with all the alley ways,lanes,side streets!luckily the 5 of us didn't get noticed

By contrast,our walk to and from the coach park to the Stadium was totally safe and uneventful, much to my surprise!

We made a rick parking in Stratford looking back,they had 100s out down towards Stratford train/bus station could have gone Pete tong very quickly a load of old school aswell

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:44 pm

TERRYB wrote:

Same here. Had a wander around the stadium once there, but the place still had that edge to it. Didn't hang about, and went in. No hassle afterwards, though. Plenty of OB about. Might be a new athletics Stadium, but it's still West Ham.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:01 am

llangainbluebird wrote:
TERRYB wrote:

Same here. Had a wander around the stadium once there, but the place still had that edge to it. Didn't hang about, and went in. No hassle afterwards, though. Plenty of OB about. Might be a new athletics Stadium, but it's still West Ham.

We made a bad move parking where we did as I'd not have fancied the walk back(we left at 3-0 as the driver had seen enough)after the match.Yes it was well policed an lit up around the ground an turnstiles an the coach park,but off the walkway it was a right dodgy place lanes alleyways etc one of the most on top places I've been in a long while

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:54 pm

stephendavid wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
TERRYB wrote:

We made a bad move parking where we did as I'd not have fancied the walk back(we left at 3-0 as the driver had seen enough)after the match.Yes it was well policed an lit up around the ground an turnstiles an the coach park,but off the walkway it was a right dodgy place lanes alleyways etc one of the most on top places I've been in a long while

Get a different driver

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:00 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:
TERRYB wrote:

Get a different driver

We would have had he wanted to stay lad

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Luck of the draw I suppose. We had a nice couple of pints in the Bow Bell. Left 30 minutes before kick off 20 yard walk to the docklands light railway. Train straight away. 4 minutes later we're within a couple of hundred yards of the away turnstyle. Worked out really well.