Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock has gone to watch..

Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:11 pm

Nantes striker - Sala, he scored and assisted tonight, Allan Nixon saying Watford, Burnley and Leicester scouts were also there. Nixon also said Clyne most likely going to end up at Fulham, as being a London club. So frustrating because Fulham don’t need more defenders after all the money they spent.

Re: Warnock has gone to watch..

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:12 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:Nantes striker - Sala, he scored and assisted tonight, Allan Nixon saying Watford, Burnley and Leicester scouts were also there. Nixon also said Clyne most likely going to end up at Fulham, as being a London club. So frustrating because Fulham don’t need more defenders after all the money they spent.

We will end up with no one I can just see it. Or players that are just finishing their careers at the top. We will not get the powerful hungry young players we need.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Just read he’s been priced at 25m, seems way out of our budget considering we hardly spent that on 4 players in the summer. Watford had put a bunch of bids in in the summer but was out of there budget aswell.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:35 pm

Sala looks perfect for our team and style and is the big physical type of striker warnock loves. Would be an unbelievable signing if we could pull it off but unlikely considering his price tag and other interest, hopefully the other clubs wont put any bids in and we are the only one that are serious about signing him.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:Nantes striker - Sala, he scored and assisted tonight, Allan Nixon saying Watford, Burnley and Leicester scouts were also there. Nixon also said Clyne most likely going to end up at Fulham, as being a London club. So frustrating because Fulham don’t need more defenders after all the money they spent.

Fulham don't need more defenders ?? i posted over a month ago they need to sort out their defence !!

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Fulham don't need more defenders ?? i posted over a month ago they need to sort out their defence !!

OR maybe not .......who was playing right back for Nantes. :laughing5:

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

They just need a manager who can sort it out and get it organised, they definitely don’t need more defenders. They’ve got 8 defenders and personally I think 5 would get into our match day squad, they don’t need Clyne, they got 3 right backs in there 25 man squad - fosu-Mensah, Christie and Odoi, they don’t need Clyne.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:49 pm

Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

They just need a manager who can sort it out and get it organised, they definitely don’t need more defenders. They’ve got 8 defenders and personally I think 5 would get into our match day squad, they don’t need Clyne, they got 3 right backs in there 25 man squad - fosu-Mensah, Christie and Odoi, they definitely don’t need Clyne.

Yes that's why CLAUDIO has been got in - At the same time CHELSEA's boss said he would sort it out .
What does that mean keep what he has or get new faces in ??

Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 pm

Lengee wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

OR maybe not .......who was playing right back for Nantes. :laughing5:

What ?? was Fulham's manager there too ??

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:09 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Edwardsccfc16 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

They just need a manager who can sort it out and get it organised, they definitely don’t need more defenders. They’ve got 8 defenders and personally I think 5 would get into our match day squad, they don’t need Clyne, they got 3 right backs in there 25 man squad - fosu-Mensah, Christie and Odoi, they definitely don’t need Clyne.

Yes that's why CLAUDIO has been got in - At the same time CHELSEA's boss said he would sort it out .
What does that mean keep what he has or get new faces in ??

Well keep what he has, they have the quality, just need organisation and a system and that’s been put in place, the aim for us, Fulham and wolves, being the first season, just needs to be to stay up, I don’t think Fulham will be in the mix of the bottom 5 come February unfortunately, sounded like they should’ve beaten Leicester tonight.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 pm

bloody hell.Nixon still has someone he has not yet blocked..

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 am

I wonder if Kolbeinn Sigthorsson is on Neil's radar as well as Sala. Signed for Nantes from Ajax a couple of seasons ago, had a major injury and despite getting over that seems to be frozen out now. Played for Iceland during the last international window and scored the goal that put England out in Euro 16. Probably a risk, but a low price might make him worth a punt.