Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some honesty:Pound for pound, who is the best player Cardiff

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am

Pound for pound, who is the best player Cardiff we currently have got?

Re: Some honesty Pound for pound, who is the best player Car

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 am

Tough one .

Etheridge is now most valuable, he's improving all the time .

Outfield it's a real tough call with players making mistakes.

Gunnar has brought stability.

In terms of commitment and Performance I'd say Arter .

Josh Murphy great signing .

Two games ago id have said Camarasa.

So I'll stick with him .

Good question .

Re: Some honesty:Pound for pound, who is the best player Car

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:08 am

Murphy has been very poor. Camarasa is the best footballer by a mile. Gunnerson is nspirational.
Etheridge makes some brilliant save but someone on the coaching staff needs to teach him how to kick the ball.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:09 am

Ooof tough one that.

Arter or Etheridge I think at the minute.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 am

That is a toughie, as there are so many different criteria to look at and quite a few who fit the bill...

But for me, I would have to say Sean Morrison for his overall performances and leadership as captain of Neil Warnock's team who are currently holding their own (maybe) against the odds

Neil Etheridge, Harry Arter, Victor Camarasa and Callum Paterson are all worthy of this accolade :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:04 am

Etheridge can't kick and no manager in the modern game would pay a fortune for him as that's expected off keepers these days.

Arter or maybe Murphy? Although I feel like I'm being swayed by the price tag on Murphy...

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:19 am

If we had to get rid of our whole squad and start again but could keep one then it would be Arter.
He works his bollocks off for 90 minutes and doesn't stop screaming - one of my favourites.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:26 am

Camarasa

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:38 am

Etheridge is just getting better and better and what a bargain as a free transfer.

Apart from him we don’t seem to have any standout players..they are all hardworking, honest professional footballers who pretty much give their all each game

On paper we have probably got the worst squad in the premier league, but we haven’t got the worst team :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:47 am

Aramore wrote:Etheridge can't kick and no manager in the modern game would pay a fortune for him as that's expected off keepers these days.

Arter or maybe Murphy? Although I feel like I'm being swayed by the price tag on Murphy...

Etheridge cant kick? Alright last season he was dodgy but I can’t remember him messing up a single kick this season, he’s been brilliant. Joe ralls said bobby Reid is our most gifted player, find that hard to believe. Camarasa best player at city for me, arter brilliant all around and Hoilett got the skills.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am

Impossible question. You can't compare a goalkeeper against a striker.
It's great that there are so many candidates though. If I was going to choose the most complete footballer we've got I'd say Harry Arter, but we've got quite a few other great players too.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Nobody has consistently played at their full potential so hard to say. However I would go for Camarasa as long as he's played in the right position since I think he's wasted in a wide position.

:bluescarf:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Etheridge by a country mile, he’s consistently performing, if he continues to work on his kicking which is getting better I think we will have a job on our hands to keep him the next few seasons, he could easily be first choice for a club between 6th and 10th.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

Camarasa

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Arter and Camarasa are miles ahead of anybody else.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:59 pm

Most technically gifted has got to be Murphy with hoilett and Camarasa just behind. But there is no real stand out player as we are a real team that complement each other as a single unit.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Arter and Camarasa are miles ahead of anybody else.

THIS. Would love to see them made permanent signings. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:20 pm

I'd actually go for Big Sol (although I'm very biased as he's my favourite Cardiff player in years). Free transfer. Not on huge wages. Heart and soul of the team, would give absolutely anything. Has scored some crucial goals and always puts his body on the line. I also believe I'm right in saying that over the last 6 games, statistically, he has been in the top 10 performers in the Premier League.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:30 pm

I think Manga has been outstanding this season even playing out of position.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Zohore - for his work rate.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Still adamant about it and will always take stick for it (so it's definitely honest) but I still truly believe both in my head and my heart that Zohore is special. It's just down to him to unlock his potential. I'm still optimistic that he's going to come good when he comes back to a fighting team.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Savigma wrote:Still adamant about it and will always take stick for it (so it's definitely honest) but I still truly believe both in my head and my heart that Zohore is special. It's just down to him to unlock his potential. I'm still optimistic that he's going to come good when he comes back to a fighting team.

Needs to do it sooner rather than later. He is 25 in a few weeks, turned pro more than 8 years back, and probably has another 5 years before he starts to lose his pace, which is one of his biggest assets. I have always said the potential is there, but like you say, he needs to unlock it and now would be a good time. The ability may be there, and a bit of effort could be all that is needed. Remains to be seen if he will give the 100% commitment that Warnock and the fans expect from the players.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Even though Etheridge has played well this season,like Marshall he has weaknesses and we would only get about 2m for him as well.People on here said we would get 10m from big 6 team for Marshall after starring inPremier League but look at him now!

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Camarasa is the best footballer at the club imo.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Gunnar- free, Bamba- Free, Etheridge- free, Mendez-Laing- Free, seems we do our best buisness with nothing to spend lol

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Jonny88 wrote:Gunnar- free, Bamba- Free, Etheridge- free, Mendez-Laing- Free, seems we do our best buisness with nothing to spend lol

True ;)

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Camarassa is our best player with etheridge as 2nd

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 am

Bamba - most valuable
Camarasa - best footballer.