Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ICONIC IMAGES: CARDIFF CITY DOWN THE YEARS

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:03 pm

These are the best and most iconic Cardiff City pictures ever taken
By Ian Mitchelmore

Here are the outstanding images photographers have captured in covering the Bluebirds during the years

From tasting FA Cup glory against Arsenal in 1927 to beating Real Madrid and reaching the Promised Land of the Premier League, Cardiff City fans have had some special memories over the years.

And our photographers have been there every step of the way, capturing every highlight from some truly special occasions.
So we trawled through the archives and asked the opinions of the Cardiff faithful to put together a collection of the most iconic images in the club's history.

There are plenty from 'back in the day' many older fans may remember, while the more recent achievements of Premier League promotions and dramatic Cup runs are also documented by wonderful photography.

Here are some of the very best and most iconic Cardiff City images from over the years...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... y-15349278
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ICONIC IMAGES: CARDIFF CITY DOWN THE YEARS

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:09 pm

FA Cup Final @ Wembley, 1927
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Fantastic moments...

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 pm

And some more...

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Cardiff City 1 Real Madrid 0 and more...

The first image is how I remember it at my first game the year before and I was barely able to see over the top to the pitch itself! :laughing6:

I seem to recall that it was then the Family/Junior Enclosure situated bottom left of the Ninian Park Grandstand (as you look at it from the pitch)

Fantastic days and I remember the atmosphere for night games was electric! :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Legendary status?

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Some more...

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Bellers and that iconic moment at The Library...

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Is that a young Forever Blue in the middle? :?

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm

Nukes back in the day...some things just don't change! ;) :lol: :lol: :clap:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Cardiff City supporters love their club...

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:22 pm

Amazing pictures here :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Some great pictures there Sven - lots of memories as well.

Could you clear something up for me ?

In the black and white picture of the dressing room in 1927 it says " along with manager Fred Stewart" and indeed on checking his wilkipedia page says that he was Cardiff city Manager during our FA cup Final in 1925 and also for our victory in 1927.

BUT

I always thought that our manager for our FA cup victory in 1927 was former welsh international George Latham ? indeed on George Latham wilkipedia page says that he was manger for FA cup final in 1927 and only manager to take FA cup out of England.

One has to be incorrect?

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:49 pm

Great pictures, nice one Sven

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm

powysblue wrote:Some great pictures there Sven - lots of memories as well.

Could you clear something up for me ?

In the black and white picture of the dressing room in 1927 it says " along with manager Fred Stewart" and indeed on checking his wilkipedia page says that he was Cardiff city Manager during our FA cup Final in 1925 and also for our victory in 1927.

BUT

I always thought that our manager for our FA cup victory in 1927 was former welsh international George Latham ? indeed on George Latham wilkipedia page says that he was manger for FA cup final in 1927 and only manager to take FA cup out of England.

One has to be incorrect?

Stewart was manager for 22 years 1911 - 1933.
Latham was a coach here....

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Sven wrote:Is that a young Forever Blue in the middle? :?

seen this one many times and its always puzzled me.
fans invading the pitch.?

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:22 pm

Sven wrote:Nukes back in the day...some things just don't change! ;) :lol: :lol: :clap:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :notworthy: :notworthy:
80B24980-8487-4103-A392-65C5C0437381.jpeg

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm

dogfound wrote:

Wouldn't call it an 'invasion' but more a 'wild celebration' :thumbright:

There were some great days (like this) amongst many dark ones at that time! :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:11 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

There were some great days (like this) amongst many dark ones at that time! :ayatollah:

the caption does not fit the picture.....at least it doesn't in my mind..looks more like leaving the ground

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Remember the one with Leo fortune west in York like it was yesterday if I'm not mistaken scouse from canton had his shirt :bluescarf:

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:36 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

the caption does not fit the picture.....at least it doesn't in my mind..looks more like leaving the ground

See what you mean. Looks like back of Grange End (leading from Ninian Stand) and my only thought was that it could have been the area between the Grange End and Grandstand? :?

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:58 am

Brilliant photos Chris.
Thanks for posting.