Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Warnock watches 25m rated Sala

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:52 pm

I Amavi a right back? Used to play for Villa I think ! Could he have watched him?

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Probably another scenario where Warnock thinks he is worth 10m and he goes to another club for 25m

It's been happening here for a long time. Virtually every season we are reportedly looking at a particular player, the fans get all excited because he is a big name and way better than the type of player who normally comes here, and is a big money player as far as most of football is concerned. We offer 25% of what his club wants, and so naturally that's the end of all further discussions. It keeps the fans on here happy for a while, and for a short period they see us as having ambition. However, rather than splashing out £25m on the player, we end up spending £4m or £5m on a couple of players. This will be a repeat performance, I don't see any chance at all of Sala coming here. It will be mostly loan signings next month with possibly a modestly priced player coming here for a transfer fee.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:24 pm

£25M for a striker that is not an international for his country is too much money and I guess it's nowhere near his true value

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:30 pm

RageJon wrote:Don't have the money and what team in there right mind would loan out a 13 goal so far this season striker

Because they would get a fee if we stay up? Ha.

Of course they won’t loan him us.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:27 pm

eh oh he was not even watching Nantes.....yet another feather in the cap of that respected journalist reluctant thicko.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:37 pm

dogfound wrote:eh oh he was not even watching Nantes.....yet another feather in the cap of that respected journalist reluctant thicko.

Didn't he watch Nantes v Marseille ?

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Reported on BBC news where are these stories coming from? Totally out of sync with clubs spending ethos! :old:

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:06 pm

More than likely total bullshit but the daily mail is reporting we've made a £25m offer for sala....

Cant see it being true mind .

Lets just hope Neil gets someone decent in at the right price in January
:bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: