Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: “ UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:49 am

:bluebird: :ayatollah: NEIL WARNOCK UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS THIS MORNING :thumbright: :bluebird:

The Bluebirds have won their last two home fixtures and will look to make it three consecutive victories on their own turf against a Saints side that have won just once all season in the league.

NEIL WARNOCK:

Southampton new manager?

“Only what I’ve read. He’s done really well where he’s been, took them up and done well in Europe. That’s the league we’re in.”

“ READ ALL NEIL WARNOCKS UPDATES BELOW “ :thumbright: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK:

£25million price tag?

“We’ve got to find the players that we want and then recommend the players to the club. Then it’s down to the club to do a deal, whether it be permanent or a loan. Mehmet and Ken have been working behind the scenes but there’s always complicated.”

“ You will get knockbacks in January. We’ll try and have as many backups as we can. We’re out all the time now in Europe, South America is a little more difficult and certain leagues finish - we’ve been looking as far afield as Russia. “

Cardiff have been linked with £25mill rated striker
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK:

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:51 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Southampton home

6 pointer?

“Every game against teams outside the top 6 you have to get points from. I can understand why he didn’t want to take over until they were playing us.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:54 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

NEIL WARNOCK:

Southampton new manager?

“Only what I’ve read. He’s done really well where he’s been, took them up and done well in Europe. That’s the league we’re in.”

Ralph Hasenhuttl: Southamptons new manager, former RB Leipzig boss.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:45 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

£25million price tag?

“We’ve got to find the players that we want and then recommend the players to the club. Then it’s down to the club to do a deal, whether it be permanent or a loan. Mehmet and Ken have been working behind the scenes but there’s always complicated.”

“ You will get knockbacks in January. We’ll try and have as many backups as we can. We’re out all the time now in Europe, South America is a little more difficult and certain leagues finish - we’ve been looking as far afield as Russia. “

Cardiff have been linked with £25mill rated striker

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:46 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Out of bottom 3?

“When everyone expects you to be there, it’s not a massive thing, you’ve just got to keep your heads above water. The three wins we’ve had all came from behind, nobody else has done that. Ability wise we’re still catching up to teams like Southampton, who have got an abundance. “

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: PRESS CONFERENCE AHEAD OF SOUTHAMPTON GAME

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:46 am

Sol Bamba will join Neil Warnock at this morning's press conference...

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 am

Neil Warnock arrives and the questions begin ahead of the Southampton game (CCS: KO Saturday 3pm)

Southampton new manager?

Only what I’ve read. He’s done really well where he’s been, took them up and done well in Europe. That’s the league we’re in.

6 pointer?

Every game against teams outside the top 6 you have to get points from. I can understand why he didn’t want to take over until they were playing us.

Good timing?

I only had 1 and a half sessions when I first came here. From his point of view he’s dealing with top class players and the game against Tottenham, Lloris was Man Of The Match. They’ve probably got the best squad in the bottom half of the division.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:50 am

(City) out of bottom 3?

When everyone expects you to be there, it’s not a massive thing, you’ve just got to keep your heads above water. The three wins we’ve had all came from behind, nobody else has done that. Ability wise we’re still catching up to teams like Southampton, who have got an abundance.

Home form?

It’s going to be vital and away from home it’s going to be difficult. Once the window comes we might be able to try a couple of different systems when we get the right lads in.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:51 am

Scouting trip to France?

We went all over, I went to watch a full back, midfielder and striker. Potentially (in the game Sala was playing). It’s alright talking about it, but it’s difficult in January. We’ve looked at five or six strikers and Ronnie and Robes were abroad this week. Another game that I took in, I asked the question ‘are they better than Ken Zohore?’ Ken is training now and he’s got to get his finger out now. The ones we’re looking at, Ken’s got it all in his locker now.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:52 am

Callum Paterson?

"Gary Madine has had a problem, Danny Ward is injured and Ken Zohore has had one day’s training. The striking problems don’t go away, we’ve still got Jazz and Ken unavailable."

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:53 am

Changes in management?

"That’s how it goes. I can’t complain if it happens to me or anyone else. I can’t see anyone doing any better than I am, but then you’re always biased when you’re in the seat. It’s our own fault, we could quite comfortable be 8 or 9 points higher.
We’ll be trying to win the game but in every game we’ve gone a goal behind - you can only do that so many times, but it doesn’t do the manager any good. It would be nice to have chances and take it."

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:53 am

Scouting trip?

"Fabio was in that game, same old Fabio - no Ayatollahs though!
Obviously we’re looking at a right back, we’ve got Peltier but then only Bruno. Then we’ve only got Gunnars, the only defensive midfielder in the squad. We’ve only got one more loan player in England, so unless we buy them permanently we’re only going to get one. We’re looking abroad but also looking at English players who can’t get game time."

Type of striker?

"I’d like someone who could score 25 goals in three months! We all know what we need, they’ve got to be able to work hard and also put the ball in the net."

Emiliano Salla?

"He’s scored some good goals this year, he didn’t have a good game the other night. If I told you the name it wouldn’t be as interesting story then, would it? "

£25million price tag?

"We’ve got to find the players that we want and then recommend the players to the club. Then it’s down to the club to do a deal, whether it be permanent or a loan. Mehmet and Ken have been working behind the scenes but there’s always complications. You will get knock-backs in January. We’ll try and have as many backups as we can. We’re out all the time now in Europe, South America is a little more difficult and certain leagues finish - we’ve been looking as far afield as Russia."

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 am

Falling behind?

"At 70 it doesn’t do your health any favours, but when have my lads ever worried about that this season. Southampton have the fillip of a new manager, a spring in their step and they’ll all want to impress."

Set piece conceding?

"It’s surprised me as well, but it’s no good me just talking about it. We’re all learning, even the likes of Neil who had a good game, is learning about his positioning and what he can do better. The thing about the Premier League is every corner and free kick is a quality one. We have to cope with that."

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:58 am

Harry Redknapp in I'm a Celebrity?

"I like watching a film on a Thursday night so I taped Harry last night. Football humour in the jungle is a blessing - it’s how we are. We’ve all got stories haven’t we, I rabble on every week here. I would imagine I’ll be in there next year - the lads have put my face on Harry’s! I wouldn’t be scared but the problem is I’d do all the horrible things because I’d get the votes!"

Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:59 am

That’s all from Neil Warnock

Up next is Sol Bamba...

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 am

Sol Bamba speaks...

Out of bottom three?

"We don’t wanna be down there, we know we’re going to be in the relegation battle. Wolves was a massive win but then it was disappointing in midweek, we could have done better than that result."

Six-pointer?

"It’s a big game but whatever happens there’s a lot of games to play after that. We want to win in front of the Cardiff fans and against those teams it’ll be good to get maximum points."

Hassenhuttle?

"I don’t know anything about him but we’ve been unlucky coming against them with a new manager."

Coming from a goal behind?

"We don’t want to fall behind and make it difficult for ourselves, so we’ll be trying to get the first goal."

Conceding from set-pieces?

"We’re disappointed as last year we were so strong, I’ve been guilty of it a couple of times but we’re working on it."

On his recent shirt removal?

"I’m never going to take my shirt off again, I’m going to make sure it stays on."

End of today's press conference...

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 am

Thank you Chris :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: “ UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS “

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

Danny Ward is out injured.
Gary Madine has had a few problems.
Lee Peltier is now fully fit.
Mendez-Laing is back fully fit.

Kenneth Zohore has only had one days trading this week.

Jazz Richards is still out injured.