Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY IN A RAIN SOAKED STADIUM YES

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:49 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION

CARDIFF CITY IN A RAIN SOAKED STADIUM / YES GOT ANOTHER 3 VALUABLE POINTS :ayatollah:

Cardiff City secured 3pts in a game which Southampton made them fight for every second of the game.

City are now 5pts clear of Southampton.

Southampton at times looked like they might even snatch the game.

Second-half: It was nearly all one with traffic with Southampton in control of the game,But

First-half: Cardiff created chance after chance but clinical finishing in front of goal Cardiff lacked badly, City need a quality striker in Jan, no ifs or buts.

CARDIFF 1 SOUTHAMPTON 0 :bluebird: :bluebird:
Crowd 30,067
Away Support 2,900 Southampton fans

Cardiff : Etheridge; Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Arter; Mendez-Laing, Murphy, Paterson.

Subs: Alex Smithies Lee PeltierJoe Ralls Junior Hoilett
Kadeem Harris Bobby Reid Gary Madine

Southampton started strong and were well up for the challenge, but so were City and Citys pace caused Southampton nothing but problems :bluebird:

Cardiff created chance after chance but clinical finishing in front of goal Cardiff lacked badly, City need a quality striker in Jan, no ifs or buts.

46th min a Great fingertip save from McCarthy to deny Mendez-Laing whose left-footed shot was powerful.

H/T 0-0

Southampton came out a different team and took it to Cardiff, in a scrappy, windy soaked stadium.

66th min Mendez-Laing came off and was replaced by Junior Hoilett.

Against the total run off play City scored through Paterson in the 74rh min sending Cardiff fans wild :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Kadeem Harris replaced Murpg 85th min.

90th min Arter was replaced by Joe Ralls.

F/T 1-0 :bluebird:

MY MAN OF THE MATCH HARRY ARTER :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF CITY IN A RAIN SOAKED STADIUM YES

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:52 pm

Huge result foe us, gives us a bit of a buffer from the bottom 3

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:14 pm

That'll do.
14th and going into window soon.
Not far off my contraversial prediction that we'd finish about tenth. Have the doubters and nay Sayers who were eulogising the wolf pups and their cheque book and downing our boys and our manager a few weeks ago noticed that they're only one place up from us now ?

Got to hang on to this trend for a few weeks and, assuming that reinforcements arrive, we should be perfectly okay.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 pm

You could say we are on top of the league of teams to go down. I will take that any day :ayatollah:
Southampton should have had two pens imo but that's football.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:22 pm

All I wanted when the last window ended was for NW to keep our boys in touching distance of the other clubs scrapping it out and in fairness to him he has delivered on those expectations.

It's over to Mr Tan to back his man now and give NW what he asks for.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:46 pm

:bluebird: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Great result Annis gutted missed you BlueBirds

HARRY ARTER MY MAN OF THE MATCH :thumbright: :bluebird:

Watched the game at home, thought we were by far the better side. Saints had alot of the ball but did little with it. We had a few chances and should have scored more but three points and a clean sheet is all we can hope for and we got it.

Good advantage form the referee in the build up to the goal too :thumbright:

Well done City.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Great result, luckily the ref seemed to be with us for once.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:06 pm

One penalty shout I’ve read on BBC site was minimal if any contact so ref probably got that one right.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Absolutely buzzing !

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Enjoyed my week back watched West Ham v Cardiff and Cardiff v Southampton, be back in Jan :bluebird:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:19 pm

PtB wrote:Watched the game at home, thought we were by far the better side. Saints had alot of the ball but did little with it. We had a few chances and should have scored more but three points and a clean sheet is all we can hope for and we got it.

Well done City.

Thought that was the only good decision the ref made all game, thought he had a shocker, gave every little touch a city player made on them.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Should keep the Warnock critics on here quiet for another week. The small number of posters who keep saying Warnock is out of his depth in this league are starting to look a bit silly. I know there is a long way to go, but they may soon realise that managing in the real world is a bit different to playing football manager in the bedroom. I think he is doing better than could be expected given the cost of our squad. Not far from half way through the season, and we in there fighting when some thought we would be cut adrift by the time the transfer window opens. :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:34 pm

Gavin wrote:All I wanted when the last window ended was for NW to keep our boys in touching distance of the other clubs scrapping it out and in fairness to him he has delivered on those expectations.

It's over to Mr Tan to back his man now and give NW what he asks for.

Quite right, but we've got a few vital games before that during which we must be careful
Some difficult games just after window too which must be dealt with because it gets hard with the last group of fixtures

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:36 pm

avondaleblue wrote:
PtB wrote:Watched the game at home, thought we were by far the better side. Saints had alot of the ball but did little with it. We had a few chances and should have scored more but three points and a clean sheet is all we can hope for and we got it.

Well done City.

Thought that was the only good decision the ref made all game, thought he had a shocker, gave every little touch a city player made on them.

I'm sure you will change your'e mind if you see the highlights, ref was decent to us, could easily have given Southampton a penalty at the end.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Huge win, a draw wouldn't have been a bad result but we now have that gap and some chances to get points still.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:44 pm

If we can sneak a win away next week it would really set us up for Xmas.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:53 pm

fred keenor wrote:If we can sneak a win away next week it would really set us up for Xmas.

I think we may be able to get 3 or 4 points from the 4 games left this year.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:54 pm

avondaleblue wrote:

Well done City.

He could have given them a penalty, other than that it was mainly shitty 50/50 calls. Had much worse, shocker is a bit harsh.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:18 pm

i was surprised how poor southampton were, i had no idea that they were that bad - not that long ago they were a very good team. non existent attack, and weak everywhere else. their manager will be lucky to last the season, as they have unrealistic expectations, given the shortcomings in their squad.

we did well, you can only beat what is put in front of you. with a quality striker alongside paterson, i can see us causing a lot of problems at home. arter was a cut above the rest in midfield today, but he didn't have much competition.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:51 pm

RV Casual wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:

Well done City.

I'm sure you will change your'e mind if you see the highlights, ref was decent to us, could easily have given Southampton a penalty at the end.

He was not bad at least he was fair and didn't fall for the theatrics of their players! Every ref makes mistakes but that's football... :old:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:34 pm

PtB wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:

Well done City.

He could have given them a penalty, other than that it was mainly shitty 50/50 calls. Had much worse, shocker is a bit harsh.

It was the terrific advantage he played that gave us the winning goal.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:48 pm

salopiancity wrote:
PtB wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:

Well done City.

It was the terrific advantage he played that gave us the winning goal.

I thought he was fair. He never seemed to favour any one side, and like you say he played a good advantage that some refs might have blown up for. I thought generally he was fair, and have seen much much worse than him.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:13 pm

3 points at a struggling Watford would be a nice start on the quest for another 21 points! :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:57 am

:bluebird: