Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Was it a pen??

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 pm

Looked like the southampton player threw himself to the ground from where we were sat up the other end and the ref had a clear view and waved it away.
Only my third game this season due to work, great win and day out despite the weather, love patterson but we got to get another striker in, should of had the game won by halftime with the chances we created
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: happy and pissed :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: Was it a pen??

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:11 pm

I was an arm chair supporter today due to work commitments and I think it was a pen.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:I was an arm chair supporter today due to work commitments and I think it was a pen.

May well have been pen but when you do a triple salko with a half twist you are not going to look genuine to ref? And wasn't 1st time their player dived to try get free kick and mostly moss ignored it just like this incident. :thumbup:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:I was an arm chair supporter today due to work commitments and I think it was a pen.

maybe if he had gone down naturally? having a nose on the southampton board and a few on there saying not a pen but most saying dead cert pen :lol: , i like that ref, always seems to let the game flow and not get his head turned by the bullshit

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:24 pm

We have had a few dodgy decisions go against us. We will get a few in our favour as well, part of the game and some you win, some you lose.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:We have had a few dodgy decisions go against us. We will get a few in our favour as well, part of the game and some you win, some you lose.

Yes obviously, just wondering if anyone saw it close up or from a definative angle

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:59 pm

streamfeeder wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:We have had a few dodgy decisions go against us. We will get a few in our favour as well, part of the game and some you win, some you lose.

Yes obviously, just wondering if anyone saw it close up or from a definative angle

Looking straight across at it and in real time difficult to say how much contact there was due to over reaction by player and tbh thats why wasnt given, like said was several such incidents one in particular where there player dived in air even though he was barely touched ref spoke to him and refused trainer on so that gives you idea why pen not given :thumbup:

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:14 pm

There were two incidents that I can remember, the first certainly wasn't a penalty but if the second had been one of our players most on here would be complaining that the ref missed a blatant penalty, including me.

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:39 pm

Definitely not a pen he dived before he reached city player! The City player put leg out to block ball and Hampton player looked to fall over his leg. But Hampton should have had pen later no question. :o

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:13 am

Could have easily been two pens, if against us id have wanted them.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am

Ref said no....therefore no Penalty.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:37 am

One of the big flaws in football is the concept that any contact in the box could be a penalty. Neither incidents involved enough contact to send the player to the floor or even hinder them at all, hence why they had to put on the drama to convince the ref.

In the true spirit of the game neither should have been anywhere near a penalty but in this “modern” era you’ve seen them given - sadly. For me one of the worst phrases in football punditry is when ex-players say “he was entitled to go down”. Players cheat and at best hugely exaggerate and the game of football has allowed it to creep in, much to its detriment.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:47 am

Got lucky on the manga clip, but hey hoe !!!!

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:10 am

Carpe Diem wrote:One of the big flaws in football is the concept that any contact in the box could be a penalty. Neither incidents involved enough contact to send the player to the floor or even hinder them at all, hence why they had to put on the drama to convince the ref.
In the true spirit of the game neither should have been anywhere near a penalty but in this “modern” era you’ve seen them given - sadly. For me one of the worst phrases in football punditry is when ex-players say “he was entitled to go down”. Players cheat and at best hugely exaggerate and the game of football has allowed it to creep in, much to its detriment.

What a contrast salah clearly raked down Achilles in box should have gone down but stayed on feet scores great goal. Hampton players going down with minimal contact at best didnt deserve pens and ref thought same. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:20 pm

1st one - no

2nd one - yes

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:45 pm

stevee1966 wrote:1st one - no

2nd one - yes

2nd one ref looking at it 5yds away from ref, there was contact if only slight Ref must thought player dived when didn't need to or he thought no contact at all to naked eye? But var would have given it as slow motion shows contact :o