Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steward today

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:53 am

Was in block 108 canton for yesterday's game when we scored did anybody else get a clear view of one of our fans being rugby tackled by a steward who had tried to run on the pitch to celebrate I do not condone the fan running on for the implications it could cause our club but
Do you think that the actions of the steward could be looked at as assault?

Re: Steward today

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:05 am

Just dont try running on pitch in first place :lol: If someone tried taking that further it would be pretty sad I think.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:29 am

I noticed he was arrested and taken away by the police when i popped to the loo.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:47 am

I honestly think that steward is going to get a call up from Warren gatland :D

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:51 am

Thought stewards dealt well with situation.Hopefully stop others trying to do the same.They didn’t know his intentions do nipped in the bud

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:14 am

Isn’t that their job? :roll:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:07 am

The steward did an excellent job,going on the pitch puts the supporter and the club in massive trouble.
He did him a favour, would be banned now if he had not stopped him.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm

It was Jurgen Klopp wasn't it?

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Was in block 108 canton for yesterday's game when we scored did anybody else get a clear view of one of our fans being rugby tackled by a steward who had tried to run on the pitch to celebrate I do not condone the fan running on for the implications it could cause our club but

What the f**k did I just read?

What you think the stewards are supposed to do?

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:40 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:Was in block 108 canton for yesterday's game when we scored did anybody else get a clear view of one of our fans being rugby tackled by a steward who had tried to run on the pitch to celebrate I do not condone the fan running on for the implications it could cause our club but

You just read that I DO NOT condone that he tried to run on the pitch
I was merely asking the question that in the future some prat might accuse steward of assault
And in answer to your question as what I think the stewards should do
Exactly what he done he done a brilliant job and kept it out of the eyes of the press who would have had a field day hope this clears it up for you :thumbup:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 am

The OP is nonsensical. Bless the poor little pitch invader's cotton socks eh?

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:55 am

Like always people haven't actually read your'e question.

Your'e right though. If a Steward injures a fan they are opening themselves up to all sorts of comebacks really as they are not the law. You only have to look at doorstaff and security now to see that, a mate of mine got jailed for 10 months recently working the doors, a bloke hit a woman, then the bloke hit my mate from behind, my mate hit him and broke the lads jaw and it was deemed unreasonable force.

If some clown runs on the pitch and a steward takes him out and he ended up with some sort of injury that Steward would be pretty fucked I think, so your'e right. Hopefully it will never happen, it's an unenviable job.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:09 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

I was merely asking the question that in the future some prat might accuse steward of assault
Exactly what he done he done a brilliant job and kept it out of the eyes of the press who would have had a field day hope this clears it up for you :thumbup:

Kept it out of press until bullshit online read it on here :lol:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

I presume you didn`t mean to say so , but your opening post actually says that it was the steward who had tried to run on the pitch.