A forum for all things Cardiff City

A draw away today:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:13 pm

For those that are interested :bluescarf:

A draw away today

SPANISH SEGUNDA B (League 3) :bluescarf:

VALÈNCIA B 1 ATLETICO BALEARES 1 :bluescarf:

Atletico Balearres 3rd from the Top in Segunda B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: A draw away today:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 pm

ATLETICO BALEARES ARE 3RD FROM TOP :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:15 pm

:bluescarf:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:16 pm

:bluescarf:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Work continues on Atletico Baleares home ground :bluescarf:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:53 pm

I'm curious - do you part own this Spanish Club or something ?
Obviously there's some connection which I'm not aware of and I've seen so many threads about it I must ask. I'm not moaning or anything you understand , and I'm all for throwing weight behind a team with some connection to our club or its supporters, but I'm just interested in the back story, ( which I'm sure exists )

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:14 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm curious - do you part own this Spanish Club or something ?
Obviously there's some connection which I'm not aware of and I've seen so many threads about it I must ask. I'm not moaning or anything you understand , and I'm all for throwing weight behind a team with some connection to our club or its supporters, but I'm just interested in the back story, ( which I'm sure exists )

100% nothing to do with me.

When Tan turned us Red, My Spanish friend came and watched City with me and said your not enjoying it are you and I said I f hate it now, but I continued to watch City to fight for our identity.

A week later I was back in Mallorca and my friend Tony invited me to watch Atletico Baleares play in an old stadium, with a small but very passionate crowd, but wearing BLUE :thumbright: :bluescarf:

I looked at their history, never really won anything, not even promoted from Segunda B(League 3) for 50 odd years, but a loyal band of passionate fans, who really welcomed me :thumbright: :bluescarf:

I knew I would be moving over here in years to come, so I started watching them more and more and thats it :bluescarf:

Their fans said they were shocked I had chosen them instead of Real Mallorca as British fans always go and watch them, they say they have never met British fans before who wanted to watch their club, now I have seen at least 50 different Cardiff fans at different games over the years all wearing City tops and all made very very welcome :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Do I really like them YES :thumbright: :bluescarf: I have now had a season ticket with my daughter for the last few seasons, will they ever compare with my first love Cardiff City NO, but I am loving watching a small club who just dream of a promotion and to have their own ground once again, which I use to watch them in 7 years ago and since then they have had to share other clubs grounds.

For me I just love watching a club with passionate fans, made me and my daughter so welcome and are not a glory fans club :thumbright: :bluescarf:

AND OF COURSE PLAY IN BLUE :thumbright: :bluescarf:

But if you don't like my threads on Atletico Baleares, you don't have to be involved, there are thousands of other threads on football :thumbright:

I don’t mean to be funny by this , but I have explained many many times why I post and watch them :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:55 am

No, not at all. I was genuinely interested and I think it's a great thing when there are connections between clubs like this.
Football itself is to some extent about finding common cause over social , and in this case international divisions and boundaries.
Actually, I'm sure that more could be made of this , but of course in order to understand the connection I had to ask - otherwise I'd just be looking and thinking " well, why is this Spanish Club featuring here ?"

I'm old enough to remember when there was a connection between Cardiff City and Everton which came about because Cardiff and Liverpool both supplied sub Mariners and had submarines stationed in both , which would use both cities as home ports.
People would follow Evertons results and stuff, but that was a great thing.

Well of course we hope that we won't need to form such club connections through a big war again, so this is as good a reason to start an association as any other. Great oaks from little acorns grow and the whole idea might well develop , like when towns twin.

I've myself have got people all over the country and world interested in Cardiff City and wishing them well so I can understand it but, as I said, I had to ask or I'd have remained mystified.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:00 am

Just thinking, maybe you could do a little screed which you automatically include at the top of these threads explaining the connection in a few words, maybe with a link to their site if they've got one. That'd avoid getting asked all the time plus attract interest from the majority who wonder but don't ask - just a thought.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:11 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Just thinking, maybe you could do a little screed which you automatically include at the top of these threads explaining the connection in a few words, maybe with a link to their site if they've got one. That'd avoid getting asked all the time plus attract interest from the majority who wonder but don't ask - just a thought.

Thank you Phillip, I might just do that :thumbright:

Atletico Baleares Fans now ask when can they watch Cardiff City :lol: :thumbright: :bluescarf: