Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

5 More wins

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:35 pm

22 games to go and I believe another 5 wins could well be enough to keep us up.

Re: 5 More wins

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 pm

I'd say at least 7 more wins but happy to enjoy the rollercoaster ride :bluebird:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:44 pm

:shock:

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:08 pm

I think that’s being a little optimistic!

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm

i think we will need 36 points, 5 more wins means 7 draws aswell. i personally think 6 wins 4 draws.7 wins 1 draw otherwise
need to start picking up a few more points away.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm

I think we will Nick 2 away wins somewhere.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:45 pm

We need 6/7 wins from the remaining winnable games we have left.
If we won our home games and drew the aways we would get us to 30 points. Probably not enough and highly unlikely anyway so we need to shock one or two teams out of our group to stay up.

Winnable games:

Watford home and away
Huddersfield home
Palace home and away
Southampton away
Burnley away
Fulham away
Brighton away
Newcastle away

Anything from any other game is a massive bonus and we need at least 6 points from them

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:56 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:22 games to go and I believe another 5 wins could well be enough to keep us up.

you might well be correct , 34 pts was enough last season and the bottom 7 are all 2 or 3 points behind where the bottom 7 were this time last season..suggests a lower target.

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
Plymuff Bloobird wrote:22 games to go and I believe another 5 wins could well be enough to keep us up.

you might well be correct , 34 pts was enough last season and the bottom 7 are all 2 or 3 points behind where the bottom 7 were this time last season..suggests a lower target.

It’s looking that way, add in the fact that the top 7/8 teams are hardly dropping any points to any team in the bottom 6/7 would suggest a record low number of points might be needed to keep you up this season

Could be as low as 30 maybe 31 points so 5 wins and a few draws might well do it

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:24 am

No chance, that would only give us 29 points. (i gather you havn't included any draws with your prediction) More likely we need at least 6 wins and 4 draws = 36 points, that should be enough. :thumbup:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:47 am

One thing is for certain, we need to start picking up a few points away from home! Hopefully Watford will be the start.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:47 pm

cityone wrote:

No chance, that would only give us 29 points. (i gather you havn't included any draws with your prediction) More likely we need at least 6 wins and 4 draws = 36 points, that should be enough. :thumbup:

i assumed he meant wins plus a few draws....i dont see the safety mark being 2 points more than last season though

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:17 pm

According to my contraversial calculations and predictions at the outset, we needed ten wins to be safe, which would mean we need another six and, if that theory is sound, we really should manage that.
Obviously it involves a few few draws but, again, I think we can expect that to happen can't we

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:22 pm

We won’t need 36 points to avoid relegation this year that’s for sure. 33 or 34 points at most will do it. Anyway I was one of the few at the start of the season to stay we would stay up and Dulham would be dead bottom and I stick to it. Still don’t understand how the media and loads on here were bumming them so much they won’t even get to 25 points.

My predictions to go down are Fulham, Southampton and Burnley.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:53 pm

phildavies wrote:We won’t need 36 points to avoid relegation this year that’s for sure. 33 or 34 points at most will do it. Anyway I was one of the few at the start of the season to stay we would stay up and Dulham would be dead bottom and I stick to it. Still don’t understand how the media and loads on here were bumming them so much they won’t even get to 25 points.

My predictions to go down are Fulham, Southampton and Burnley.

"Bumming them" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you're correct, I like your 3 to go down. We're definitely better than them 3, just hope they're cut away early! :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Ourselves, Huddersfield and Burnley on paper have the worst squads in the premier league..however all 3 have fighting spirit in abundance and togetherness both on and off the pitch.

Compare that to Fulham, Newcastle and Southampton who are in disarray on and off the pitch, 2 have already changed managers and the 3rd not speaking with the owner...and all 3 are full of expensive, highly paid foreign players who don’t seem to have the bottle for a relegation fight

Be interesting to see how it pans out but my money is on at leat 2 of Soton, Fulham and Newcastle to go down

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:20 pm

The way its going i think 30 points may well be enough. Certainly going to be a lower than average tally atleast.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:36 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Ourselves, Huddersfield and Burnley on paper have the worst squads in the premier league..however all 3 have fighting spirit in abundance and togetherness both on and off the pitch.

Compare that to Fulham, Newcastle and Southampton who are in disarray on and off the pitch, 2 have already changed managers and the 3rd not speaking with the owner...and all 3 are full of expensive, highly paid foreign players who don’t seem to have the bottle for a relegation fight

Be interesting to see how it pans out but my money is on at leat 2 of Soton, Fulham and Newcastle to go down

burnley have much more quality and nous than us. they are workmanlike, but certainly not a bottom 4 team. they are much better than southampton, for instance.

fulham and southampton have been very poor so far, but my view is they will spend big money in january (particularly southampton). a few signings could turn things around for them, as they do have good players, just glaring weaknesses that need improving.

newcastle may be turmoil off the field, but on it they are a very solid team that will pick up the points needed to be above the bottom 5. they have the ability to take unexpected points off big teams.

my view is that ultimately our lack of quality in the end will count against us and we will be down there at the business end of the season.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:47 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Ourselves, Huddersfield and Burnley on paper have the worst squads in the premier league..however all 3 have fighting spirit in abundance and togetherness both on and off the pitch.

burnley have much more quality and nous than us. they are workmanlike, but certainly not a bottom 4 team. they are much better than southampton, for instance.

fulham and southampton have been very poor so far, but my view is they will spend big money in january (particularly southampton). a few signings could turn things around for them, as they do have good players, just glaring weaknesses that need improving.

newcastle may be turmoil off the field, but on it they are a very solid team that will pick up the points needed to be above the bottom 5. they have the ability to take unexpected points off big teams.

my view is that ultimately our lack of quality in the end will count against us and we will be down there at the business end of the season.

Not sure about Fulham and Southampton spending big in January...Fulham already spent over £110 million and Southampton who are generally not big spenders also spent £55 million and a big loan fee/wages on Danny Ings so not much wriggle room for either of them

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:

Not sure about Fulham and Southampton spending big in January...Fulham already spent over £110 million and Southampton who are generally not big spenders also spent £55 million and a big loan fee/wages on Danny Ings so not much wriggle room for either of them

southampton certainly will spend money in january. remember their net spend over the past few years comes right down as they have sold the likes of mane (£38m) and van diyk (£75m), among others. they were in around £30m of transfer profit last season alone.

fulham also need to spend more money. they may move players on to help fund it, but i doubt ranieri would have taken the job if he wasn't given some funds in January (at least £20-30m) to give him a chance of avoiding relegation.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 pm

northernbluebird wrote:

Burnley were the worse team I have seen this season..and were again extremely fortunate to win last Saturday..

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:55 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:

southampton certainly will spend money in january. remember their net spend over the past few years comes right down as they have sold the likes of mane (£38m) and van diyk (£75m), among others. they were in around £30m of transfer profit last season alone.

fulham also need to spend more money. they may move players on to help fund it, but i doubt ranieri would have taken the job if he wasn't given some funds in January (at least £20-30m) to give him a chance of avoiding relegation.

I am pretty sure I read that Southampton don't want to spend in January. They have brought in a manager who works with players and think their team is more than good enough to stay up as is.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:10 pm

dogfound wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:

Burnley were the worse team I have seen this season..and were again extremely fortunate to win last Saturday..

That’s what I am saying..Ourselves, Burnley and Huddersfield have a brilliant team ethic and will very often seem to win “luckily” when very often the reality is that they outbattled and outfought the opposition

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 pm

At the end of the day it's still in our hands. Warnock has instilled a fantastic work ethic and never say die attitude. Those guys we know will go out on that pitch and give everything and then a bit more. Time will tell if it's enough to stay up but they won't go down without a fight.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 am

dogfound wrote:
cityone wrote:

i assumed he meant wins plus a few draws....i dont see the safety mark being 2 points more than last season though

34 points should be enough, but i put in a couple of more points incase one of the bottom three go on a great run in the new year.