Watford ; Can we beat them....

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:49 am

I've been looking at their form and it's impossible to form much of an opinion.
They seem to go from the sublime to the ridiculous in their results - on their day they can beat anyone including top six teams but can also get hammered by lesser opponents.

It goes without saying that we'd take a point , but we've got to win a few away games at some point, and of course three points would be invaluable going into the Manchester Utd game .

What does everyone think about what we can hope to get out of this game ???
SirJimmySchoular

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Watford ; Can we beat them....

Postby neathbluebird » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:16 am

on their current form we can get something..theyve lost 4 out of their last 5 games buit we have won 3 of our last 5.. its football the unpredictable game,am going for 1-1 draw
neathbluebird

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 am

started the season with 4 straight wins , but since then 2 wins against Huddersfield and Wolves..2 draws...Southampton and Fulham..7 defeats...

this has to be our best chance so far of an away win..
dogfound

Postby Stringfellow » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:11 am

Our away form is a problem however when you look at who we have played then it’s understandable. Without doubt we have a chance but like West Ham can be decent when they are on it. I just think away games almost a bonus especially as we are difficult to beat at home. I would go for it play the same team as weekend.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Lengee » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:27 am

Stringfellow wrote:Our away form is a problem however when you look at who we have played then it’s understandable. Without doubt we have a chance but like West Ham can be decent when they are on it. I just think away games almost a bonus especially as we are difficult to beat at home. I would go for it play the same team as weekend.

100% agree. We need to play Watford with the same or similar team. I have been pleading for NW to play PACE in the team. when Two wingers against Southampton worked really well and we could have been 3 up half time. Playing a bit defensively away has been understandable and Ok against the top 5 or 6 clubs. But in my view it is not the best approach for most of the other games. So far we have got one point in away matches.
We need to pick up a couple of wins. let's start Saturday :thumbup:
Lengee

Postby theclaw » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:30 am

Unfortunately it’s not a case of what their form is because our away form is very poor.Draw at best for me which will be ok :thumbup:
theclaw

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Yes we can :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby montyblue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Imo we should go for it against watford we need points and better to attack these rather than any from the top 6 we must learn to win away from home but setting up defensivly and your on the back foot from the start we attack at home so carry the same attidude away.
montyblue

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:07 pm

Depends on Warnock, he needs to sort out his selection away from home.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:39 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Depends on Warnock, he needs to sort out his selection away from home.

been playing teams that would not be very high on anyones list of away points...stay in the game as long as pos and try to pinch something...ok we havent pinched anything but really dont see much wrong tbh..
dogfound

Postby 65Blue » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Yes I'm fairly confident on this one, there won't be many but this is the one for me
65Blue

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Watched them last night against Everton and I've got to say it was a bit scary
SirJimmySchoular

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:00 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Depends on Warnock, he needs to sort out his selection away from home.

been playing teams that would not be very high on anyones list of away points...stay in the game as long as pos and try to pinch something...ok we havent pinched anything but really dont see much wrong tbh..

Huddersfield away was probably one of the worst 45 minute performances ive ever seen, set up totally wrong. Its all very well saying stay in the game and try and hope for a mistake but its not working clearly.
If we are going to defend and hit on the break you have to play someone like Murphy who can use his pace and trickery to counter attack.
2blue2handle

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:49 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Watched them last night against Everton and I've got to say it was a bit scary

The thing that struck me about that game was they were both open which made them both look frightening on times.I think we'll be set-up to be alot tighter and not giving the the room in midfield they enjoyed last night.Lets hope they think they only have to turn up to win.
Sneggyblubird

Postby dogfound » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Huddersfield away was probably one of the worst 45 minute performances ive ever seen, set up totally wrong. Its all very well saying stay in the game and try and hope for a mistake but its not working clearly.
If we are going to defend and hit on the break you have to play someone like Murphy who can use his pace and trickery to counter attack.

set up bang on at Huddersfield and nearly got 3 points, yes it was awful to watch but we did not spend and had what most people thought was a poor squad to start...Warnock gets it wrong EVERYGAME.? nah not even close
dogfound

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 pm

seeing as we failed to beat Huddersfield away which was one of the games we went into the season thinking we could probably win, unless we manage to scalp a big team such as united or spurs, the Watford game is probably one we have to win to make up for lost points
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:57 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

set up bang on at Huddersfield and nearly got 3 points, yes it was awful to watch but we did not spend and had what most people thought was a poor squad to start...Warnock gets it wrong EVERYGAME.? nah not even close

Well we will never agree then, imo 100% wrong at Huddersfield, no where near scoring until we had an extra player.
Not every game, an away point is respectable.
2blue2handle

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:27 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:Watched them last night against Everton and I've got to say it was a bit scary

The thing that struck me about that game was they were both open which made them both look frightening on times.I think we'll be set-up to be alot tighter and not giving the the room in midfield they enjoyed last night.Lets hope they think they only have to turn up to win.

See, I can usually work out a team and see how to f@@k them up and I'm not usually far off the mark - I don't say that's necessarily what happens because fortunately for everyone Sir Neil is making decisions not me. He seems to generally reach the same view as I do though and sometimes , like with wolves , it works. Other times we do the best thing we can but its not good enough - despite the bs I read here sometimes I don't think we generally misjudge the best options against particular opponents.

Problem here is that I've genuinely got no idea how you set up to play this team IF they play like that again. They don't seem to keep the same shape for more than ten minutes at a time. Mind you, that can go the other way in itself and they are also a bit inconsistent.
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Well we will never agree then, imo 100% wrong at Huddersfield, no where near scoring until we had an extra player.
Not every game, an away point is respectable.

your expecting too much, from day 1 this manager has more often than not been playing with 11 players of lesser quality than our opponents..and this season the gap has incresed hugely.{ its why every pundit and every bookmaker has had us to not go up, and be nailed on for bottom this season }.now you have 22 boys playing football with the best 11 on one team whether down the park or at pro level left to their own devices the strong team will almost always win...under these conditions first he dragged us out of a relegation battle into a top half finish ,then gets us promoted when nobody thought he could, and now is keeping us competitive in games long enough to have some chance { its a small chance because of the gulf } of getting something..

one goal in it with 10 mins to go against Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs, Liverpool suggests its their managers are getting it wrong against a team that costs 1/10 th of theirs not Warnock.
yes the first half was poor as a spectacle at Huddersfield but for all their possession they managed 1 shot on target and losing Mendez- Laing in the 1st 10 mins didn't help either.

personally im happy how things are going, and pleased that in most games we are actually in the game for the majority of it {I feared we might be out of quite a few games before half time }...and far from being critical of tactics I really think both our manager and back room staff deserve loads of credit for this.
dogfound

Return to General Chat