Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How much do you thing we should spend in the January transfer window?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Under £10,000,000
5%
£10,000,000 - £20,000,000
23%
£20,000,000 - £30,000,000
38%
£30,000,000 - £40,000,000
18%
£40,000,000 - £50,000,000
5%
Over £50,000,000
10%

Total votes : 60

HOW MUCH SHOULD WE SPEND??

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:47 pm

Personally I feel we don’t need to spend a lot, just go large on someone who is classified as a “striker” and can score all the time.

Re: HOW MUCH SHOULD WE SPEND??

Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:05 pm

All depends where we are come janaury, if we still have a 4 point gap i think 20m would be great.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 pm

I personally feel the club should spend >50million as football is a billionaires toy, he's got loads of cash and should spend it.Also don't worry about FFP as any serious club didn't give a toss about it

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm

I think we could spend atleast 50. If we spend 100m, it will still be less than anyone around us this season.

Don't want to waste 30m on 3 players, when we could spend 70m on 3 players with better quality yknow.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:14 pm

ThomasC wrote:I personally feel the club should spend >50million as football is a billionaires toy, he's got loads of cash and should spend it.Also don't worry about FFP as any serious club didn't give a toss about it

last I heard he was worth about £650m to £700m. I think he used to be a dollar billionaire, but I read that his investments had dropped in value. Still a very wealthy man, but I would be surprised if we spend more than £10m in January unless we can offload a couple of players . Warnock will be looking for a few loan signings to help us stay up.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:42 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
ThomasC wrote:I personally feel the club should spend >50million as football is a billionaires toy, he's got loads of cash and should spend it.Also don't worry about FFP as any serious club didn't give a toss about it

last I heard he was worth about £650m to £700m. I think he used to be a dollar billionaire, but I read that his investments had dropped in value. Still a very wealthy man, but I would be surprised if we spend more than £10m in January unless we can offload a couple of players . Warnock will be looking for a few loan signings to help us stay up.

From what Warnock has achieved, it may be very wise to protect his asset and give more than 10! :o :thumbup:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Sell bobby reid back to bristol he not getting game time and can't understand why he does' nt seem to fit neils thinking otherwise he would be in every week but he signed him?, and sell madine, and the 10 million we did'nt spend at the start of the season should give us at least 20 million.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:59 pm

It’s not how much we spend,it’s that we buy or loan the right players that fit into our team like Arter,Camarsara and Murphy have perfectly.No more wasted money on players like Madine,Tomlin and Reid?

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:24 pm

I think Reid will come good, but say we spend 10 or 20 million it has to be the type of player we could recoup that from if we needed to sell on should we go down, no panic buys like the jacks last year for example. Is Defoe width a punt or is he too old now? He won’t cost a fee anyway, think that Argentinian is to big a gamble. He only cost 2 million a few years ago and has one decent start.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:It’s not how much we spend,it’s that we buy or loan the right players that fit into our team like Arter,Camarsara and Murphy have perfectly.No more wasted money on players like Madine,Tomlin and Reid?

Very harsh on reid? Guy gives his all when on the pitch and we don’t play to his strengths

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:06 am

For me it's not about how much we spend, it's about getting the right players in, whether they cost £25m come on a free or just on a loan deal .

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:08 am

Roadrunner wrote:For me it's not about how much we spend, it's about getting the right players in, whether they cost £25m come on a free or just on a loan deal .

spot on...

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:25 am

How much did Mendez-Laing, Paterson and Camarasa cost? Hardly anything. Yet the are in the exam while we have Decadova and Madine who cost Millions on the bench. So it is no about how much we spend but about who we bring in. They have to fit in to our style.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 am

We got £120 for going up

Spending 20million plus wages on 1 player is 1/6 th the money we get. Doing that doesnt make business sense to me - it does make Football sense though :) as we need to stay up.

How much money do we get that does not come from sky ?

So far - having to been to all the home games we are holding our own - apart from man city. We are proving that we can compete with the teams in the lower half of the table.

Do we give the Zohore another chance - or get rid ? - either his attitude or mental health is a big problem it seems. If I was him (I wish) I'd be embarrassed to collect my wages

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:05 am

Too many goldfish on this thread(3 second memory)................................we've got a massive debt to pay down which is more important in the long term.Spend enough to keep us up or putting it another way if us and Fulham go down this season who do you think will have the brightest long term future. Spunkin millions doesn't always guarantee success.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:08 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:We got £120 for going up

Spending 20million plus wages on 1 player is 1/6 th the money we get. Doing that doesnt make business sense to me - it does make Football sense though :) as we need to stay up.

How much money do we get that does not come from sky ?

So far - having to been to all the home games we are holding our own - apart from man city. We are proving that we can compete with the teams in the lower half of the table.

Do we give the Zohore another chance - or get rid ? - either his attitude or mental health is a big problem it seems. If I was him (I wish) I'd be embarrassed to collect my wages

so many Doctors amongst us..

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Agree with the comments on Arter & Camarasa-- we need to sign then to permanent contracts.
Intrigued by the recent comments on Emiliano Sala - sure sounds like the striker we need & we can afford ?

Is there any more news on this guy ???

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:31 pm

If we want to stay up, personally I feel big money has to be spent on a quality striker :thumbright: :bluebird:

we need to ship at least 5 players out incl a couple of our strikers :bluebird:

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If we want to stay up, personally I feel big money has to be spent on a quality striker :thumbright: :bluebird:

we need to ship at least 5 players out incl a couple of our strikers :bluebird:

I agree and a striker and right back priority, would ship out zohore, Madine, maybe loic demore and one or two others.