Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VIDEO/UPDATED: 9 Cardiff fans and Villa fans sent to prison

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Heard tiday a good mate from Caerphilly have been sent over the wall after the ambush by Aston Villa fans last season, I heard he had 14 months (maybe wrong tho) if that’s the case stay strong fellow bluebird

VIDEO
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... d-15534373

'UPDATED' :shock:

Cardiff City and Aston Villa fans jailed for pub brawl
BBC - Monday 10th December 2018

The assistant manager of The Cornwall said a group of men approached the pub looking "riled up"

Cardiff City and Aston Villa supporters punched, kicked and threw bottles at one another following the Bluebirds' 3-0 win on 12 August 2017.

The fight erupted in and around The Cornwall pub in Grangetown after the Championship fixture.

Three Cardiff and 10 Villa fans were jailed for between three years and nine months at Cardiff Crown Court.

Nine of those involved have also been banned from football grounds across the UK for six years

Some fans admitted violent disorder and others were found guilty at trials in October and November.

The court heard a group of Aston Villa supporters drove to The Cornwall pub in a minibus once the match at Cardiff City Stadium was over.

They walked towards the pub as a group, assaulting Cardiff supporters with fists and glass and trying to get into the pub, first at the front and then through the side entrance.

CCTV captured the brawl inside and outside the pub

Cardiff fans then confronted the Villa supporters as they began to withdraw, leading to further violence.

Three men were pulled and kicked to the ground and then kicked while on the floor.

Judge Neil Bidder QC described it as "serious violent disorder" at a "respectable" pub where there were children and elderly people eating food.

He accepted the Cardiff City fans had not gone looking for violence, but in the face of "reprehensible behaviour by in the main Aston Villa supporters", the Cardiff City supporters "didn't need to get involved".

The judge paid tribute to the assistant manager of the pub who "while still in physical danger, was trying to protect her customers".

The Aston Villa supporters have also been given football banning orders for six years because of the planning they carried out ahead of this football-related violence.

Three defendants who have been convicted will be sentenced at a later date.

Sentenced:

Hayden Perryman, 25, an Aston Villa fan of Sutton Coldfield. Pleaded guilty to violent disorder - 12 months in prison

Nathan Pleace, 30, a Cardiff City fan of Llandaff North. Found guilty of violent disorder - still to be sentenced

Vincent Richards, 32, a Cardiff City fan of Llandough. Found guilty of violent disorder - still to be sentenced

Mark Baker, 47, an Aston Villa fan of Birmingham. Found guilty of violent disorder - 9 months

Gary Tucker, 51, an Aston Villa fan of Birmingham. Found guilty of violent disorder - still to be sentenced

Brett Clarke, 40, an Aston Villa fan of Solihull. Found guilty of violent disorder - three years

David Cooper, 28, a Cardiff City fan of Caerphilly. Pleaded guilty to violent disorder - 14 months

Paul Sweeney, 32, an Aston Villa fan of Solihull. Found guilty of violent disorder - 9 months

Richard Willmore, 27, an Aston Villa fan of Birmingham. Pleaded guilty to violent disorder - 14 months

Darren Simms, 24, an Aston Villa fan of Wednesbury, West Midlands. Pleaded guilty to violent disorder - 14 months

Ryan White, 21, an Aston Villa fan of Dudley. Pleaded guilty to violent disorder - two years

Paul McMinn, 49, an Aston Villa fan of Solihull. Pleaded guilty to violent disorder - 12 months

Terence Coughlan, 57, an Aston Villa fan of Birmingham. Pleaded guilty to violent disorder - 16 months
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: City fan in prison

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:17 pm

cubano wrote:Heard tiday a good mate from Caerphilly have been sent over the wall after the ambush by Aston Villa fans last season, I heard he had 14 months (maybe wrong tho) if that’s the case stay strong fellow bluebird

If the villa fans attacked the pub then any Cardiff fans who retaliated must of done so in self defence.It's like someone coming into your house ffs.All the city fans should have been cleared,what an injustice.!! :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: City fan in prison

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:17 pm

I don't know whats happened today, but City and Villa fans were being sentenced today in Cardiff Crown Court.

Re: ' Cardiff City fan in prison '

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Not sure how many but pritty sure my old mate have been sent down , wen I messaged him yesterday he reckoned it was 50/50 chance, if u watch the video u can clearly see him minding his own buissness before the villa fans run over and smack him

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:28 pm

cubano wrote:Not sure how many but pritty sure my old mate have been sent down , wen I messaged him yesterday he reckoned it was 50/50 chance, if u watch the video u can clearly see him minding his own buissness before the villa fans run over and smack him

I really hope he hasn't been sent down.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:35 pm

A lad cooper had 14months villa had between 9months an 3 years

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Yes big dai coop absolute Gentleman aswel

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Cardiff City and Aston Villa fans jailed for pub brawl

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Gutted for him mate the other Cardiff lads 1 gets sentenced Friday & 1 didn't turn up

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:04 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Cardiff City and Aston Villa fans jailed for pub brawl

Cheers for the update, sentences very harsh on Cardiff fans, seen as they were originally just having a drink, then defending themselves.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers for the update, sentences very harsh on Cardiff fans, seen as they were originally just having a drink, then defending themselves.

Mad annis very different ranging sentencing

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Does seem very harsh as I would defend myself as would us all if that happened to any of us. Then again the justice system is flawed in so many ways and doesn't work the way it should.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Does seem very harsh as I would defend myself as would us all if that happened to any of us. Then again the justice system is flawed in so many ways and doesn't work the way it should.

Sadly spot on in everything you've said.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:10 pm

stephendavid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Mad annis very different ranging sentencing

Totally mad Stephen, still trying to work it out :shock:

Re: UPDATED: 9 Cardiff City fans and Villa fans sent to pris

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Crazy mate daft the one Cardiff lad not showing up

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:18 pm

stephendavid wrote:Crazy mate daft the one Cardiff lad not showing up

Very, that won't go down well with the Judge.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis. I tried to explain the situation before but got shouted down by some people.

Whilst I have every sympathy for the lad because I don't think he was there for trouble, his naivety has cost him. A more clued up person would not have approached a group of lads like that, holding out his arms - He might just as well have had his hands in his pockets.

After copping for a couple of punches, he was understandably pissed off and wanted some payback - Just like most people would have in his shoes.

However, in the eyes of the law, he was not acting in self defence. First of all, he is seen encouraging others to get involved from inside the pub. Then he leaves the pub and approaches the Villa fans who at that point were going back to the bus. That wasn't self defence and at that point, he is responsible for it kicking off again. Remember that he also went guilty. Anyone involved in an incident like that can expect jail if it's football related.

Personally, I think he's probably been hard done by because it looked like he was trying to calm things down at the start and got hit for his troubles. With that as mitigation, I think that 9 months would have been fairer given that some of the Villa got that.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Ages of the villa lads mind......

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Bonkers. Can't believe any city were charged in the first place ffs this is hours after the final whistle. I left there a hour before and it was heaving with coppers still outside

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:13 am

How can people minding their own business be found guilty and jailed. I would appeal these sentences. As self defence is not a crime.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:57 am

All I will say is what a load of bollocks!! Villa fans are a bunch of maggots for turning up well after the majority of fans would have gone home and for just randomly choosing a pub to kick off!

As for the prison sentences, again what a joke! Regardless if City fans retaliated or it was self defence, handing out a prison sentence to these guys who were initially just minding their own business is a disgrace.

I don't condone any violence at football matches at all but if I were in their minding my own business and was set up on by a bunch of blokes I would have acting in exactly the same way as these fans.

As for AV3, how do you know the Villa fans were backing away? Until that mini bus had completely left the street those innocent bystanders were at risk so needed to be chased away.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:06 am

stephendavid wrote:Ages of the villa lads mind......

Absolutely, what an embarrassment.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 am

I’m sure the guy who didn’t turn up was having an op.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:33 am

dust brother wrote:I’m sure the guy who didn’t turn up was having an op.

He wasn't fella other Cardiff lad getting sentenced Friday

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:58 am

That's got to be the most shocking sentencing I've ever seen, how your lads got jailed for christmas defending there own pub, disgusting , Villa want to have a long hard look at themselves ,all big and clever after a day on the booze and beak, what's it achieved? Half there lot behind the door for xmas, and a load of cardiff who weren't looking for it locked up away from there families over christmas? Just a shame Fat boy from villa got a walk, been a blight on England away for years, bunch of c***s, you'd hope people would grow up once they hit there forties?

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:09 am

This is how silly the whole thing is - you even have someone from Norwich sticking their nose in. Norwich ffs!! As if Norwich are or ever have been qualified to comment on fcuk.

The fact he thinks it’s a shame that someone didn’t get sent down tells you all you need to know about this individual

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 am

Norwich wrote:That's got to be the most shocking sentencing I've ever seen, how the f**k your lads got jailed for christmas defending there own pub, disgusting , Villa want to have a long hard look at themselves ,all big and clever after a day on the booze and beak, what's it achieved? Half there lot behind the door for xmas, and a load of cardiff who weren't looking for it locked up away from there families over christmas? Just a shame Fat boy from villa got a walk, been a blight on England away for years, bunch of cunts, you'd hope people would grow up once they hit there forties?

That AV3 guys the numpty of the board mate pay no attention

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:08 pm

stephendavid wrote:
Norwich wrote:That's got to be the most shocking sentencing I've ever seen, how the f**k your lads got jailed for christmas defending there own pub, disgusting , Villa want to have a long hard look at themselves ,all big and clever after a day on the booze and beak, what's it achieved? Half there lot behind the door for xmas, and a load of cardiff who weren't looking for it locked up away from there families over christmas? Just a shame Fat boy from villa got a walk, been a blight on England away for years, bunch of cunts, you'd hope people would grow up once they hit there forties?

Steven. In the real wot, I wouldn’t waste my breath on you for the following reasons:

1. You’re thick
2. You post like a 10 year old
3. You’re Welsh

You calling me your silly names on the internet is about as important to me as whether your shitty little football team wins or not

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:10 pm

AV3 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

Steven. In the real wot, I wouldn’t waste my breath on you for the following reasons:

1. You’re thick
3. You’re Welsh

You calling me your silly names on the internet is about as important to me as whether your shitty little football team wins or not

There needs to be a fishing emoji on here.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:33 pm

AV3 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

1. You’re thick
3. You’re Welsh

In the real wot......think you meant to put in the real WORLD fella easy mistake could happen to anyone lad