Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Allocations next few Cardiff away games '

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Watford 2100 - full allocation
Palace 1770 ( could have had more, but not sure they would sell)
Leicester Appx 2000/2200 ( could have had more)
Newcastle- will probably go for 1700 due to demand
Arsenal- 3000 full allocation as expected to sell all.

The guys at the club have a tough decision to make as if we ask for max allocations and don’t sell them then the club has to cough up for the unsold ones. And most Prem clubs can sell any spare seats to home fans

Often a decision has to be made weeks in advance as well.

Gillingham- 15% of capacity
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Allocations next few games

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Leicester allocation looks very low to me and I'm sure we could sell 3000 even though its Christmas week

Re: ' Allocations next few Cardiff away games '

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Cheers Tim :thumbright: :bluebird:

Yes we get 15% of Gillingham's 11,500 capacity :bluebird:

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Watford 2100 - full allocation

The guys at the club have a tough decision to make as if we ask for max allocations and don’t sell them then the club has to cough up for the unsold ones. And most Prem clubs can sell any spare seats to home fans

Palace aside as I think we could take 2,500 for that game I think that’s about right as you said tough decision to make.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Watford 2100 - full allocation

Palace aside as I think we could take 2,500 for that game I think that’s about right as you said tough decision to make.

Palace didn’t mak it easy. They wanted a quick decision and the tickets sold slowly at first.
We could have been left with a £10k + bill

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Personally I think the Club should take the full allocation for the games and take a hit if neccessery.

In the grand scheme of things is 10 grand really a lot for a Premier League Club to swallow to enable as many of their fans as possible can go to games.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:03 pm

RV Casual wrote:Personally I think the Club should take the full allocation for the games and take a hit if neccessery.

In the grand scheme of things is 10 grand really a lot for a Premier League Club to swallow to enable as many of their fans as possible can go to games.

It’s still a business and however big or small, somebody makes the correct financial decision and can see why that’s done. All those games will sell out and palace will be a cracker as one of only a few left where an atmosphere is created.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:04 pm

We took 5k to Newcastle int he championship you rally think that little will go?

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:11 pm

RV Casual wrote:Personally I think the Club should take the full allocation for the games and take a hit if neccessery.

agree...personally id much prefer to see the club take a bit of a hit doing this than the selective free transport.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Massive mistake Leicester we defo would of sold 3k annoying that

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:29 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:We took 5k to Newcastle int he championship you rally think that little will go?

Last time we barely took 1000 - and not many more in the Prem when we played there.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:31 pm

It’s still a lot of money to lose overs gamble on away tickets.

I’m sure Tan would be well pee’d off if the ticket office were happily throwing £10s of thousands of pounds away

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

It’s still a lot of money to lose overs gamble on away tickets.

I’m sure Tan would be well pee’d off if the ticket office were happily throwing £10s of thousands of pounds away

I'm afraid we will probably have to agree to disagree on this one. The Club will get a minimum £100 million from the stint in the Premier League.

They probably took £5 million in season ticket sales at the start of the season, if your'e telling me they couldn't box of £50 grand to cover any surpless away tickets that don't get shifted through the season so that as many fans as possible get a chance to go then it really is a sad state of affairs.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:01 pm

CFS25 wrote:Massive mistake Leicester we defo would of sold 3k annoying that

For our coach I’ve had less interest in that one than any one so far.

Also remember we’ve got 4 aways in about 3 weeks over that period.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:33 am

smakerzthebluebird wrote:We took 5k to Newcastle int he championship you rally think that little will go?

5k? Thought they only give 2.9k?

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:45 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

5k? Thought they only give 2.9k?

Think he's confused with how many they brought to ccs :roll: :lol: :bluescarf:

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:25 am

Where's that Vince bloke when you need him?? I don't believe any of this unless it comes from the official CCFC bloke Vince Alm. :old:

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:10 am

Lawnmower wrote:

Last time we barely took 1000 - and not many more in the Prem when we played there.

but in the prem we had back to back games against Sunderland and Newcastle within 6 days and were in effect relegated after the 4 nil defeat at Sunderland which was the first of the 2 games..

Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:14 am

Hoping Newcastle will go down to general sale. I'm a member but not been to any other aways this season so will be down the pecking order fir a ticket.

My flight and hotel are already booked.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:21 pm

I am with you on this. They should take the full allocation and take the hit-if there is one- for a few games. See how it goes. £10k represents 1/10,0000th of the Sky money! Its worth taking a gamble to give all supporters a chance to see a game and just as importantly to give the team as much support as possible.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm

When I asked at the ticket office last Saturday there were only restricted view tickets left for Palace away - with still almost 3 weeks to the game - we could have sold 2000 at least.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm

When I asked at the ticket office last Saturday there were only restricted view tickets left for Palace away - with still almost 3 weeks to the game - we could have sold 2000 at least.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Problem is, the club have very little time to make their minds up and early sales will guide it. Clearly they weren’t hopeful for Palace... I’d wonder how many of you complaining have sorted your Leicester ones out yet ?
If they all went in the first few days then the club may have had the chance to get the rest of the allocation before Leicester put them on sale to their own fans.

The opposition clubs mostly won’t be flexible as they can mostly sell the seats themselves. Palace have a relatively small ground and for a Boxing Day game will know they can fill the seats with home fans easily, so weren’t going to do us any favours.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:45 pm

mugsy wrote:When I asked at the ticket office last Saturday there were only restricted view tickets left for Palace away - with still almost 3 weeks to the game - we could have sold 2000 at least.

I think the choice was 1770 or something like 2850. ( This is the full allocation)If we sold 2000 we’d have had to pay Palace about £25000

If there’s still a few left out of the 1770 then is that really a good gamble ?

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:46 pm

Problem is, the club have very little time to make their minds up and early sales will guide it. Clearly they weren’t hopeful for Palace... I’d wonder how many of you complaining have sorted your Leicester ones out yet ?
If they all went in the first few days then the club may have had the chance to get the rest of the allocation before Leicester put them on sale to their own fans.

The opposition clubs mostly won’t be flexible as they can mostly sell the seats themselves. Palace have a relatively small ground and for a Boxing Day game will know they can fill the seats with home fans easily, so weren’t going to do us any favours.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:57 pm

The excuse that they won't give us the full allocation in case they won't sell out because they can sell the tickets to home fans instead must be ridiculous what home fan is going to by tickets in the Cardiff end? You would have to be a loony. In most cases they would not be able to have a section in the away end as it will be right next to the away fans. In any case have we not sold out every away game. If there any left after the usual people get first dibs they only need to put the rest on general sale to sell out.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 pm

For the record I'm not 'complaining' as you have put it, I'm just giving an opinion on a message board which is what it's for, if I had something to complain about I'd contact the Club myself.

All I want is for as many fans to be able to go as possible and I don't think the Club should quibble over what is relatively peanuts in the grand scheme of things and I find that dissapointing, an opinion not a complaint.

If, as you say teams like Palace are being arsey about the tickets like you say I sincerely hope we do it back to them, for the return fixture we should offer them 1700 or the full 3200 on the same principle, no sell they pay.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Crayfish wrote:The excuse that they won't give us the full allocation in case they won't sell out because they can sell the tickets to home fans instead must be ridiculous what home fan is going to by tickets in the Cardiff end? You would have to be a loony. In most cases they would not be able to have a section in the away end as it will be right next to the away fans. In any case have we not sold out every away game. If there any left after the usual people get first dibs they only need to put the rest on general sale to sell out.

in most cases including our own ground the away section can be reduced, which then means the segregation strip is moved along allowing the home section to be increased...nobody is suggesting they get put in with our fans.