Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Etheridge £££££ ?

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Liverpool paid £67 million for Allison
Klopp commented this Morning that he would pay double that if he had to
So has etheridge played his way to being our biggest money asset of the players we have
I don't think he's worth £67 million like Allison but he's worth double figure millions IMO
Opinions please

Re: Etheridge £££££ ?

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:39 pm

£5-6m I reckon

He's only had part season in Prem.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:43 pm

He was better last season so i would have to say no, he's worth about 5 million. His value might be higher but purely because he might now be considered a premier league keeper, not because of his performances

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:55 pm

NIBluebird wrote:£5-6m I reckon

He's only had part season in Prem.

So who could be sold for the most if not etheridge

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Deano1 wrote:He was better last season so i would have to say no, he's worth about 5 million. His value might be higher but purely because he might now be considered a premier league keeper, not because of his performances

So who is our most valuable player if not etheridge

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Josh Murphy Morrison Paterson

Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:16 pm

A lot of managers want a keeper who is good with the ball.

Still in today's inflated prices I reckon we could get 7-10m. I wonder if his Asian appeal would make him of interest to some clubs.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Deano1 wrote:He was better last season so i would have to say no, he's worth about 5 million. His value might be higher but purely because he might now be considered a premier league keeper, not because of his performances

So who is our most valuable player if not etheridge

Murphy definitely, Paterson and Reid maybe

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm

He probably is yeah. Leicster paid £12.5 million for Danny Ward to sit on the bench as number 2. Only ever played 2 Premier League Games.

WBA paid £6.5 for Sam Johnstone. I would say Etheridge current market value got to be between £8-£10 million, who in our squad would be close, we'll there's Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy who would be in contention and perhaps Sean Morrison could command a decent fee other than that most of our players probably on worth towards the lower ends of the millions IMO.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Agree based on Sam Johnson got to be 8-10 million but would rather not be in a position where we have to replace him.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Etheridge is a decent keeper

Thats it, hes nothing special and is not in the same league as some of the other keepers mentioned who imo would all be our #1 ahead of him if they signed for us.

Sounds harsh but its the truth

Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Most top keepers need a good distribution these days and unfortunately Etheridge has one of the worst.So good news for us he will probably not attract much attention.
I think he stays.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Etheridge price tag would be around £20 Million so if he stays with Cardiff an stay up this season, then his figure could rise to £30 Million

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Etheridge price tag would be around £20 Million so if he stays with Cardiff an stay up this season, then his figure could rise to £30 Million

Imo mate he’s worth around &6M now and with another good season could go to £10M. Only my opinion mind.
Murphy I believe is our most valuable (cash wise) asset. If he leaves (if we go down) I’d imagine we’d get around £12-13M for him unless he has some awful clause in his contract. :shock:

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm

He is worth around £3/4 mill currently, he would need a good season this year and next to get to around £10mill.

How many current premier league keepers woukd you choose before him given the choice ?

Edison
Allison
De-Gea
Lloris
Kepa
Hart
Pope
Heaton
Petr Cech
Pickford
Fabianski
Schmeichael
Begovic
Foster

Thst is just a few off the top of my head, i wouldnt even rate him in the top 5 in the championship let alone premier league.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:54 am

thomasblue wrote:He is worth around £3/4 mill currently, he would need a good season this year and next to get to around £10mill.

How many current premier league keepers woukd you choose before him given the choice ?

Edison
Allison
De-Gea
Lloris
Kepa
Hart
Pope
Heaton
Petr Cech
Pickford

Most of not all of them but most if not all would be worth £6M upwards and or carry wages that would at least double NE’s
Fabianski
Schmeichael
Begovic
Foster

Thst is just a few off the top of my head, i wouldnt even rate him in the top 5 in the championship let alone premier league.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:07 am

Going by todays crazy prices and his age he could be worth £8m-£12m!

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:15 pm

People on this forum said Marshall was worth 10m+,he went for 2m! Etheridge will go for a similar amount at present as he has similar weaknesses, but if he improves and we stay in Premier League his value will increase?

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:31 pm

I think people forgetting the crazy money that is in football , I would be dissapointed if we let Etheridge go for less than 15 Million

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:36 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:People on this forum said Marshall was worth 10m+,he went for 2m! Etheridge will go for a similar amount at present as he has similar weaknesses, but if he improves and we stay in Premier League his value will increase?

Marshall was 31 and sold at the wrong time, if we had sold him as soon as we went down we would have got far more for him and the market has inflated substantially since.

I don't see why you would think he is worth less than the likes of Smithies and Westwood.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Etheridge price tag would be around £20 Million so if he stays with Cardiff an stay up this season, then his figure could rise to £30 Million

Stay off that FIFA Managers game win the X-Box, Sam! ;) :laughing6:

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Why would we even consider selling him, he has performed very well, saving us on many occasions. His only fault has been his kicking. But he should work on this. Why raise the subject of how much he is worth,it onlyfuels speculation.

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Bluesman wrote:Why would we even consider selling him, he has performed very well, saving us on many occasions. His only fault has been his kicking. But he should work on this. Why raise the subject of how much he is worth,it onlyfuels speculation.

I never suggested selling him ffs
Merely questioning his worth
If you actually read the thread
I rated his value in the 10s of millions
And lately his value has actually gone up

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:05 pm

Etheridge probs worth £10 Million you know because the price of players have gone up since Cardiff been in the Prem in 2013

Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Etheridge probs worth £10 Million you know because the price of players have gone up since Cardiff been in the Prem in 2013

So his value has dropped £10 million in 2 weeks?

Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:26 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:Etheridge probs worth £10 Million you know because the price of players have gone up since Cardiff been in the Prem in 2013

So his value has dropped £10 million in 2 weeks?

Thats probably down to the fact he has been dropped by Sven and is no longer the phillipino #1
Being in a big tournament like that would put him in the £30mill plus bracket if you listen to some fans on here