Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A HUGE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE FOR THERESA MAY - FINAL RESULT 9PM

Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 pm

The United Kingdom Could See A Brand New Leader If The Vote Of Confidence Goes Against Theresa May.

A Huge Divide In The UK On What The Public Want In Brexit, Causes Theresa Mays Own Party To Vote Whether She Stays Or Goes. And At The End Of All This A Brexit Deal Could Be Delayed Further, Or Even Cancelled Altogether.

The Final Decision Is On BBC 1 At 9PM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: A HUGE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE FOR THERESA MAY - FINAL RESULT

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 pm

She was never going to lose that.

There's plenty who want to be boss but not until 11.01pm on March 29th.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Over a third of her own party don’t support her.
Without the DUP she’s unable to make any legislation in the house anyway.
Gotta go.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:09 pm

United Kingdom my arse.

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:Over a third of her own party don’t support her.
Without the DUP she’s unable to make any legislation in the house anyway.
Gotta go.

you think MPS that don't think it a good deal should shut up and stick to party loyalty when the leave vote had nothing to do with party politics..

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:07 am

FT = 200 : 117 ;)

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:46 am

Sitting duck Im afraid
Same as Blair, once you announce your future departure you are toast

She wont get it through Parliament 'meaningful vote' , so it's her deal or no brexit and a probable Prime Minister Corbyn (yikes)

She is well and truly stuffed. I reckon the backstop will have an addendum added re dates on the back stop etc and her deal will go ahead - maybe......

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:33 am

She should of gone back to the country for a general election. Labours relative success in the last due almost entirely to the returning UKIP vote. They didn't return because they'd changed their position on Brexit. They returned having thought Brexit was done and dusted bar the shouting. How wrong they were.

The biggest schism in Brexit isn't the split in the tory party its divide between the traditional labour electorate of the North and their parliamentary representatives. Its a different climate now with any Brexit in the balance. and UKIP no longer worthy of even a protest vote. Its almost impossible to get any deal through parliament with well over half of them determine by any means to thwart the democratic decision of the country.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:03 am

epping blue wrote:She should of gone back to the country for a general election. Labours relative success in the last due almost entirely to the returning UKIP vote. They didn't return because they'd changed their position on Brexit. They returned having thought Brexit was done and dusted bar the shouting. How wrong they were.

The biggest schism in Brexit isn't the split in the tory party its divide between the traditional labour electorate of the North and their parliamentary representatives. Its a different climate now with any Brexit in the balance. and UKIP no longer worthy of even a protest vote. Its almost impossible to get any deal through parliament with well over half of them determine by any means to thwart the democratic decision of the country.

The thought of terrorist sympathising, Marxist scum like Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott running the country is all that’s kept May in power.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 am

I dont agree with the Bexit deal but she has busted her balls off trying to get it sorted with very good intentions. The prospect of no deal is dire, but its where the whole thing is heading. If this deal were to be accepted then I believe it will lead to the breakup of the United Kingdom.
As much as those bunch of stuck-up farts that are the Tory party have shown their true colours, unfortunately we could end up the Corbyn the Clown in charge then god help us all

WHAT AN F******** MESS

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Whistler wrote:I dont agree with the Bexit deal but she has busted her balls off trying to get it sorted with very good intentions. The prospect of no deal is dire, but its where the whole thing is heading. If this deal were to be accepted then I believe it will lead to the breakup of the United Kingdom.
As much as those bunch of stuck-up farts that are the Tory party have shown their true colours, unfortunately we could end up the Corbyn the Clown in charge then god help us all

WHAT AN F******** MESS

Tend to agree with this

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 am

The only outcome will be that after Teresa May's deal gets voted down in Parliament, we will find the Commons will vote with a cross party majority to commandeer the whole process and a thinly veiled re-referendum will swiftly follow (because no matter how much Corbyn and his mates want the Tories out of power; the vast majority of MPs from all parties will not want to contemplate a no deal Brexit). Then because the country is so sick of the whole bloody Brexit shenanigans and the vitriolic scaremongering from both sides of the argument, this time we will vote with a clear majority to remain.

End of story/end of democracy - call it what you like - but in my long experience people will always prefer the security of knowing what will be happening - no matter how unpalatable (especially as we have "enjoyed" membership of the EU for so many years so we know the pluses and minuses) rather than having to deal with uncertainty of trying to negociate an acceptable Brexit deal - which of course could never have happened anyway because the EU overlords dont want us to leave!!!

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Bananas wrote:United Kingdom my arse.

GREAT Britain my arse.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Whistler wrote:I dont agree with the Bexit deal but she has busted her balls off trying to get it sorted with very good intentions. The prospect of no deal is dire, but its where the whole thing is heading. If this deal were to be accepted then I believe it will lead to the breakup of the United Kingdom.

WHAT AN F******** MESS

It changes every week, was looking like a no deal at one point, but now it looks like way over half the MP's want to try and run the vote again under a different name and try and have a no brexit !!!

In fairness Theressa May has some resilience, most people would have given up years ago but she is flying around Europe day after day, being told by everyone she can't have what she wants but still keeps going. I don't think the outcome would be any different no matter who is in charge, the EU wants to punish us and will make it as difficult as possible, and cut off their nose to spite their face.

It's a thankless task, she won't get anything through parliament other than a let's scrap it!!!

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:

WHAT AN F******** MESS

It changes every week, was looking like a no deal at one point, but now it looks like way over half the MP's want to try and run the vote again under a different name and try and have a no brexit !!!

In fairness Theressa May has some resilience, most people would have given up years ago but she is flying around Europe day after day, being told by everyone she can't have what she wants but still keeps going.

It's a thankless task, you won't get anything through parliament other than a let's scrap it!!!

Agreed. Usually I vote Labour but if a snap election was called shed get my vote. She's the best of the worst. Never thought I'd say I'd vote tories. :shock: