Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ralls

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Joe Ralls to me is a good back up and a good person to have in the squad, also not to mention he was crucial to our promotion push last season. But his performance against West Ham was not good enough and he has often gone missing this season. And with such competition in the midfield in the forms of arter, Camarasa, Gunnarson and also the possibility of additions to the midfield in January I am curious about your thoughts on him and his future in the starting line up.

Re: Joe Ralls

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:24 pm

For me he is back up and not good enough to be in the starting 11 in the premiership.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Back up at best , we look a stronger team when he’s not in it

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:08 am

A good squad player for us but shouldn’t be a starter.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:56 am

I had an 'oh shit' moment when Arter went off near the end Vs Soton. But seeing it was Ralls coming on to see out the final few mins filled me with confidence.

That there sums up his role to me.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:19 am

In my opinion he should be on the bench but I've just got this sneaky feeling that he'll start tomorrow, with either Murphy or Mendez dropping to the bench.

Hope I'm wrong!

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:22 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:For me he is back up and not good enough to be in the starting 11 in the premiership.

Agreed :thumbright:

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:06 pm

At the moment he has players ahead of him in midfield but I have no concerns if he is required to start or if others lose form.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Walinoz wrote:Back up at best , we look a stronger team when he’s not in it

Agreed. Like him but prefer, Arter, Gunnar and Camarasa in midfield.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:16 pm

davids wrote:In my opinion he should be on the bench but I've just got this sneaky feeling that he'll start tomorrow, with either Murphy or Mendez dropping to the bench.

Hope I'm wrong!

I bloody hope not it’s idiotic when we play with only one winger