Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Chelsea scum at it again

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
Jimmy Scoular wrote:Nasty club with an extremely dubious history. When I lived in London in the late 70's popped along quite a few times Bulldog openly on sale by the National Front with numerous vendors knocking out their bile. Witnessed on several occasions "Gas, gas the yids" a common refrain from their supporters. One interesting fanzine at the time was a Triumvirate rag espousing right wing agendas.The three clubs associated Chelsea,Rangers and Linfield of Northern Ireland.In the 80's we saw a significant Chelsea involvement in right wing agendas.Combat 18 was one such example where people involved themselves.One glaring example was the politically motivated riot in Dublin in 1995.It has not gone away but simmers away to this day.

The Fanzine was called The Blues Brothers and sold about 7 copies, at the time I wrote regularly for No1 zine and occasionally for Follow Follow both sold by the 10s of thousand. BTW the only club in the U.K. that has real problems with anti Semitism is Celtic where a Jewish player and director have suffered vile abuse from their own fans. Ultimately issues like racism or anti semitism are societal problems that shouldn’t be layed at the door of any football club.

You've got a point but I've yet to hear anyone blame a football club for racism but as any right wing recruiter will tell you can't get any better place than a football match for possible new blood so I guess thats where the battle lines will be drawn.I do agree that individual clubs should not be fined as long as they can show they are doing everything possible for their part.

I’ve onlyever met one Rightwing recruiter,a Scottish guy who lived in Bristol and travelled up to Ibrox on our bus once. He was told he would not be welcome again and didn’t recruit anyone. :lol: Never came across any racism watching Cardiff....unless you consider singing England is full of s#,t to be racist?

Singing England is full of shit is more xenophobic then racist. But then were the sheepshaggers so swings and roundabouts. :lol:

Don’t believe it’s even xenophobic just banter and pisstake. People can’t wait to take offence today, tragic really.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:37 pm

I agree jock sheepshagger is just banter, we love it.
The other stuff is totally inexcusable and needs sorting.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:56 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Racism is bad.

Anti-semitism is bad.

They are bad because they make sweeping judgements based on generalisations of people based on their social/ethnic identity, not who they are as individuals.

Sweeping generalisations of people you don't know, based on the broad societal group you believe them to exist within, are bad.

This includes sweeping generalisations of people who you do not know on message boards.

If you follow the argument through a logical progression, you cannot condone racism in one breath and then use a phrase like "posters of your ilk" in the next without looking like a hypocrite - and I'm sure you're better than that?

:ayatollah:

Like you said it's an anomymous forum, no clue as to posters social/ethnic identity or who they are as people... He's saying he doesn't expect better from people who have a history of such views and opinions, nothing to do with preconceptual bias that comes along with racism etc.

Bit of a f*cking stretch to try and compare this to anti semitism/racism but hey ho you gave it a good go :laughing6:

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Bay Blue wrote:I agree jock sheepshagger is just banter, we love it.

Agree but we shouldn’t conflate two different things, or the baby gets flung out with the bath water and we’re all sat on our hands singing Kumbaya.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:24 pm

True, but the OP has no grounds to make subjective judgment when opinion differs.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Jock wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
Jock wrote:
Jimmy Scoular wrote:Nasty club with an extremely dubious history. When I lived in London in the late 70's popped along quite a few times Bulldog openly on sale by the National Front with numerous vendors knocking out their bile. Witnessed on several occasions "Gas, gas the yids" a common refrain from their supporters. One interesting fanzine at the time was a Triumvirate rag espousing right wing agendas.The three clubs associated Chelsea,Rangers and Linfield of Northern Ireland.In the 80's we saw a significant Chelsea involvement in right wing agendas.Combat 18 was one such example where people involved themselves.One glaring example was the politically motivated riot in Dublin in 1995.It has not gone away but simmers away to this day.

The Fanzine was called The Blues Brothers and sold about 7 copies, at the time I wrote regularly for No1 zine and occasionally for Follow Follow both sold by the 10s of thousand. BTW the only club in the U.K. that has real problems with anti Semitism is Celtic where a Jewish player and director have suffered vile abuse from their own fans. Ultimately issues like racism or anti semitism are societal problems that shouldn’t be layed at the door of any football club.

You've got a point but I've yet to hear anyone blame a football club for racism but as any right wing recruiter will tell you can't get any better place than a football match for possible new blood so I guess thats where the battle lines will be drawn.I do agree that individual clubs should not be fined as long as they can show they are doing everything possible for their part.

I’ve onlyever met one Rightwing recruiter,a Scottish guy who lived in Bristol and travelled up to Ibrox on our bus once. He was told he would not be welcome again and didn’t recruit anyone. :lol: Never came across any racism watching Cardiff....unless you consider singing England is full of s#,t to be racist?

Singing England is full of shit is more xenophobic then racist. But then were the sheepshaggers so swings and roundabouts. :lol:

Don’t believe it’s even xenophobic just banter and pisstake. People can’t wait to take offence today, tragic really.

Don't get me wrong fella I know it's banter. Just saying technically it's xenophobic as it against another nation. I enjoy the banter. :D

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:11 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:Racism is bad.

Anti-semitism is bad.

They are bad because they make sweeping judgements based on generalisations of people based on their social/ethnic identity, not who they are as individuals.

Sweeping generalisations of people you don't know, based on the broad societal group you believe them to exist within, are bad.

This includes sweeping generalisations of people who you do not know on message boards.

If you follow the argument through a logical progression, you cannot condone racism in one breath and then use a phrase like "posters of your ilk" in the next without looking like a hypocrite - and I'm sure you're better than that?

:ayatollah:

Like you said it's an anomymous forum, no clue as to posters social/ethnic identity or who they are as people... He's saying he doesn't expect better from people who have a history of such views and opinions, nothing to do with preconceptual bias that comes along with racism etc.

Bit of a f*cking stretch to try and compare this to anti semitism/racism but hey ho you gave it a good go :laughing6:

Your point stands if you can identify anyone spouting racist views on this message board and if that's the case I'll stand alongside you and denounce their racism for what it is - pathetic.

However, casually throwing around accusations of racism without substance or evidence is nothing more than empty virtue signalling and hypocritical in my eyes.

Racism is bad. Anti semitism is bad. Casually accusing others of being racist or anti semitic without good cause is also bad.

The first two I agree may be worse but that doesn't stop the latter still being bad.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:14 pm

It’s kumbayer in Wales Jock..

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Jock wrote:

Agree but we shouldn’t conflate two different things, or the baby gets flung out with the bath water and we’re all sat on our hands singing Kumbaya.

There’s no conflation on my part, racism or anti semitism has nothing to do with banter, anyone with an ounce of sense knows the difference ( nothing personal).

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 pm

rumpo kid wrote:It’s kumbayer in Wales Jock..

:lol:

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Bay Blue wrote:
Jock wrote:

There’s no conflation on my part, racism or anti semitism has nothing to do with banter, anyone with an ounce of sense knows the difference ( nothing personal).

Cheers for that :D

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:13 pm

Not quite as bad as Celtic or Rangers but Chelsea fans really are uneducated scum :thumbup: