Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT Kidney stones

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:05 am

Alright lads, anybody suffered from these in the past? Reason I ask is I have been informed by a doctor at A&E that I have passed a kidney stone, I went to sleep about 23.00 last night as I was due up early for the Watford game with my old man, 20 minutes after nodding off, I woke up with what I could only describe as someone twisting my stomach inside out, horrendous pain, bloated and felt like it was going explode with a discomforting pain around the lower right hand side of my back, I took some gaviscon and it subsided for 20 minutes when I noticed I needed a pee, went to pee and there was blood, missus took me up to A&E, we got there at 1am, left there at 7am – 6 hrs to be checked over, blood tests, by all accounts everything is fine and reason I had blood was due to passing a stone, my diets shite, the doctor believes that’s why I got them, I drink so much fizzy drinks (don’t smoke nor drink alchohol) and certainly don’t drink enough water.

So back to my original question, has anybody suffered from these and what best methods to help combat it.

And I also missed the Watford coach so now having to watch it online.

Re: OT Kidney stones

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:51 am

I feel your pain , had them twice.
First time hospital 2 weeks morphine the lot as i had one stuck in my urinary tract, almost needed op but nurses helped me pass it by waking me up every 2hrs to drink a litre of water.
Second time had pain lower back left side went to bog saw the blood in water, so drunk 6 liytes straight away then about 12 liyres over 24hrs passed it as heard it ping in the bog plus terrible pain, thought alien trying to get out of the old boy.
Now i heed the advice and drink 2 litres of water aday plus other drinks which is alot of beer as i,m always hot over here, p.s another tip from my Doc was cut back on high protein diet like loads of meat.
Things seem ok now they also putme on a tablet called tamsulosin for a while usually given to blokes with prostrate i think it helps the old water works but do,nt take now alls well good luck mate stay pain free.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:52 am

I feel your pain , had them twice.
First time hospital 2 weeks morphine the lot as i had one stuck in my urinary tract, almost needed op but nurses helped me pass it by waking me up every 2hrs to drink a litre of water.
Second time had pain lower back left side went to bog saw the blood in water, so drunk 6 liytes straight away then about 12 liyres over 24hrs passed it as heard it ping in the bog plus terrible pain, thought alien trying to get out of the old boy.
Now i heed the advice and drink 2 litres of water aday plus other drinks which is alot of beer as i,m always hot over here, p.s another tip from my Doc was cut back on high protein diet like loads of meat.
Things seem ok now they also putme on a tablet called tamsulosin for a while usually given to blokes with prostrate i think it helps the old water works but do,nt take now alls well good luck mate stay pain free.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks for the reply bud, that sounds terrible, I don't think I'm at that stage and hope never to be, they told me I need to cut down on the fizzy drinks, drink more water and eat less starchy fatty foods, so all in good order, just glad it happened this weekend and not next weekend as I have my Daughters birthday party before the Utd game, couldn't be missing that for the world.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:58 am

Painkillers mate, all you can do. Drink 2-3 pints of water every day, enough so your urine stays clear.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:03 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Painkillers mate, all you can do. Drink 2-3 pints of water every day, enough so your urine stays clear.

Yes mate, gonna get a water bottle in a bit so that I know I'm drinking enough.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Keep a pint glass at home thats what i use you know how much your having if you use a bottle you never know how much you' ve had.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:09 pm

Had one pain as been put on par with childbirth by medics? Needed 24hrs in hospital at one point on extreme pain killers and gp needed come around with pethadine to combat pain, unfortunately mine got stuck and needed op but they couldn't find it! :roll: ended up with ultra sound treatment to break it up, you have my sympathy not nice at all.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:50 pm

Too many high energy drinks don't help, I believe

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:Too many high energy drinks don't help, I believe

Calm down Calm down ha ha

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Had one pain as been put on par with childbirth by medics? Needed 24hrs in hospital at one point on extreme pain killers and gp needed come around with pethadine to combat pain, unfortunately mine got stuck and needed op but they couldn't find it! :roll: ended up with ultra sound treatment to break it up, you have my sympathy not nice at all.

Aye mate i seriously hope it doesn’t get to that stage, anyway I’m now home showered and ready to find a link for the 3pm game come on City

Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:Too many high energy drinks don't help, I believe

I suffer with Kidney Stones the pain is beyond description at times. The problem with fizzy drinks is the sugar which is eliminated from your system via your kidneys especially if you are diabetic or pre-diabetic as they have to work harder causing the stones to block the urinary tract

Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Had one pain as been put on par with childbirth by medics? Needed 24hrs in hospital at one point on extreme pain killers and gp needed come around with pethadine to combat pain, unfortunately mine got stuck and needed op but they couldn't find it! :roll: ended up with ultra sound treatment to break it up, you have my sympathy not nice at all.

Aye mate i seriously hope it doesn’t get to that stage, anyway I’m now home showered and ready to find a link for the 3pm game come on City

No hopefully pass through naturally op on kidney is not the best that's for sure! Me watching from sundeck internet permitting. :laughing6:

Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Alright lads, anybody suffered from these in the past? Reason I ask is I have been informed by a doctor at A&E that I have passed a kidney stone, I went to sleep about 23.00 last night as I was due up early for the Watford game with my old man, 20 minutes after nodding off, I woke up with what I could only describe as someone twisting my stomach inside out, horrendous pain, bloated and felt like it was going explode with a discomforting pain around the lower right hand side of my back, I took some gaviscon and it subsided for 20 minutes when I noticed I needed a pee, went to pee and there was blood, missus took me up to A&E, we got there at 1am, left there at 7am – 6 hrs to be checked over, blood tests, by all accounts everything is fine and reason I had blood was due to passing a stone, my diets shite, the doctor believes that’s why I got them, I drink so much fizzy drinks (don’t smoke nor drink alchohol) and certainly don’t drink enough water.

So back to my original question, has anybody suffered from these and what best methods to help combat it.

And I also missed the Watford coach so now having to watch it online.

I had 6 operations for a stuck 1.7cm one two years ago the worst pain ever had to have stents in pissing blood and razor blades for around 4 months total nightmare,drink plenty of water