Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Netflix - Sunderland Til I Die.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Follows Sunderlands relegation season in the championship. Something every football should watch.

Re: Netflix - Sunderland Til I Die.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:57 pm

9.3/10 · IMDb

97% liked this TV show

Google users

This docuseries highlights the unfailing passion Sunderland residents have for their beloved soccer club, taking viewers through the highs and lows of SAFC's first season in the Championship following its relegation the previous year.

First episode date: 14 December 2018

Network: Netflix

Number of seasons: 1

Number of episodes: 8

Executive producer: Leo Pearlman

Genre: Television documentary

Language: English

Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 pm

9.3 IMDB hahaha

Is this because only Sunderland fans can be arsed to watch it? Or because Georgie's and Mackems are taking the piss?

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Saw this on there today and thought it might be a good watch!

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Is it Coleman time?

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:34 am

2blue2handle wrote:Is it Coleman time?

Yeh it is. From what I could conclude on a heavily edited programme is Coleman is a genuine guy and is likeable as a manager but is just lacking skill, particularly at the mess that is Sunderland.....completely out of his depth

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:56 am

jimmy_rat wrote:9.3 IMDB hahaha

Is this because only Sunderland fans can be arsed to watch it? Or because Georgie's and Mackems are taking the piss?

Sunderland fans are mackems :lol:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:9.3 IMDB hahaha

Sunderland fans are mackems :lol:

My bad. To be fair. They probably are taking the piss out of themselves.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Watched it on Netflix,a very good programme should be of interest to any football fan. Coleman came across very well I don't think anyone bar our Neil would have saved Sunderland last season they were such a mess. Noticed on a list of names of loan players they wanted to sign last season the name Grujic.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:43 am

Almost finished it, and agree with the feller above me. Very good documentary for any football fan.

Worth the watch for anyone thinking about it.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:21 am

very good watch, enjoyable, the fans are diehards like ours, and massive togetherness between staff and fans, thought that idiot goading coleman in last episode was an absolute plank, coleman didn't do too bad with what he had, however I see where it all went wrong and its good to see them flying high in league 1, fully expect them to get promotion as I think they will finish second behind pompy

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:27 pm

When a club has given you over 80 seasons in the top division and temporarily goes belly then its time to show loyalty.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:33 pm

I’m 4 episodes in and tbh was expecting a bit more behind the scenes eg in the dressing room before and after matches

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Walinoz wrote:I’m 4 episodes in and tbh was expecting a bit more behind the scenes eg in the dressing room before and after matches

I can imagine most managers would prefer to keep this privileged.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:21 pm

I thought it gave enough behind the scenes as it could I didn't expect them to be so open with the chief executive and the training ground with the cooking staff and the player liaison officer and they showed Grayson giving a team talk to the team leading up to a game.

Really good watch and it's sad because there's lot of passion up north for their teams and even the chefs and workers around the club facilities to film all that to then suffer another relegation was quite mad in itself.

Lewis Grabban showed his true colours as honest he was about leaving and all that he came across a right ar*ehole especially the way he celebrated against them for Villa I am all for celebrating but rubbing it in the way he did was a pr*ck move.

Thought the chief executive was a complete ar*sehole as well it was all about him throughout and didn't give two tosses about the supporters.

Thought that George Honeyman come across a real genuine bloke that wants to play football, think Sunderland's problem throughout the series or last season for that matter was keepers injuries and rotated too much, no real striker bar Grabban for the first half and a lot of bang average footballers on high wages.. like Oviedo, O'Shea, Kone were just some looked like a team thrown together..

Rodwell is a complete cock but then again Sunderland paid the price to pay him that wages and not put a clause in his contract to take a wage cut.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:30 am

Episode 1 set the precedent for me. HEAVILY edited. Pre-season friendly over-edited and over-dramatized to the point where you'd swear it was their must-win relegation match.

The Chief Executive makes me cringe and is essentially a real life David Brent. A few of the behind-the-scenes clips were obviously "put on" and either completely fabricated or re-staged. It's obvious.

Another episode (I believe episode 3) covered deadline day and David Brent (their chief executive) has a meeting with the scouts and they've targeted Zlatan Ibrahimovic so quite obviously trying to make themselves look good for the camera. Stopped watching after that. Nothing on the Man City one in the slightest.

Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:30 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:Episode 1 set the precedent for me. HEAVILY edited. Pre-season friendly over-edited and over-dramatized to the point where you'd swear it was their must-win relegation match.

The Chief Executive makes me cringe and is essentially a real life David Brent. A few of the behind-the-scenes clips were obviously "put on" and either completely fabricated or re-staged. It's obvious.

Another episode (I believe episode 3) covered deadline day and David Brent (their chief executive) has a meeting with the scouts and they've targeted Zlatan Ibrahimovic so quite obviously trying to make themselves look good for the camera. Stopped watching after that. Nothing on the Man City one in the slightest.

Yes because the man city one allowed footage of the dressing rooms before at half time and after games

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:31 am

Walinoz wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:Episode 1 set the precedent for me. HEAVILY edited. Pre-season friendly over-edited and over-dramatized to the point where you'd swear it was their must-win relegation match.

Yes because the man city one allowed footage of the dressing rooms before at half time and after games

Yep, and it was organic and you didn't get the sense that they were pushing an agenda or fabricating things. It did feel like a fly-on-the-wall documentary. 10 times better.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Chief executive was a complete melt. Blatantly playing up to the cameras from the minute you first saw him emerge from some glorified leisure centre pool as if he was Daniel Craig to the “Thank You” Card propped up on his desk throughout it. Also, half the reason they were hemorrhaging money is probably due to his Nespresso expenses. Apart from him, the training ground/ stadium staff and coaches seemed very genuine and emotionally invested in the club, whilst Chris Coleman came across brilliantly, even when being called a pr*ck by a toothless mackem. Grabban is clearly a tosser, whilst any club would be proud to have a player with George Honeyman’s attitude playing for them. All in all, a very good series and i found it a bit more relatable than the Man City one.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Good watch. Heavily edited. Wolves game showing a full stadium with fans. But when showing highlights of play the stadium was dead.
O and carrow road has a red stand :lol:

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:29 pm

Watched this twice after enjoying it so much.
Basically 2 local film makers who were supporters wanted to make a fly on the wall documentary hopefully showing them bounce straight back to the premier league,but as history shows it didn’t quite work out that way.
It’s sad to see a big club unraveling in the public gaze,
Coleman was found out as a useless club manager,after they’d gone down a fan confronts him and they had to be separated.
Great viewing indeed

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:36 pm

Starts as a comedy, quite tragic by the end though...