Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Murphy wasn’t playing for Cardiff...

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:11 am

... I would not like him at all. He’s either too weak and pathetic, or he’s going down too easy and trying to cheat.

I’ll support him if he plays but my god is he starting to make me worry. At first I thought this was a form thing. But after seeing that yesterday, he’s physically and mentally unfit. He seems to lose confidence and pout as soon as something doesn’t go his way.

Still a long time for him to come good but he’s starting to look like a shit Jack Grealish, without the aggression

Re: If Murphy wasn’t playing for Cardiff...

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Savigma wrote:... I would not like him at all. He’s either too weak and pathetic, or he’s going down too easy and trying to cheat.

I’ll support him if he plays but my god is he starting to make me worry. At first I thought this was a form thing. But after seeing that yesterday, he’s physically and mentally unfit. He seems to lose confidence and pout as soon as something doesn’t go his way.

Still a long time for him to come good but he’s starting to look like a shit Jack Grealish, without the aggression

I see your point mate but he’s also showed albeit in flashes that he’s had the beating of every full back he’s faced so far.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:29 pm

if he was a world beater , he would not have signed for cardiff.
just a point, is it 3 fullbacks which have been substituted at half time because of josh?

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:54 pm

fred keenor wrote:if he was a world beater , he would not have signed for cardiff.
just a point, is it 3 fullbacks which have been substituted at half time because of josh?

I think it's two and that is to his great credit but neither of the replacement full backs have had any trouble dealing with him because he can't seem to pose a threat for the entire match, even at home.

Has potential and still has time to learn but needs to perform more consistently for 90 minutes and needs to work on the defensive side of his game. Needs to get his head up a bit more when running with the ball and has a tendency to hang on to the ball just a little too long.

Spent so long on his arse yesterday that I thought Bothroyd had rejoined the club.

Not Premier League quality at the moment for me but with proper coaching however he could become a very good player indeed.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Our play sometimes doesn’t keep up with him..he only needs to create 3/4 chances per game. When he looks up and sees Paterson on his own with 3 defenders, there’s not much he can do.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Tbf to the lad he has no support on the right. With Bruno playing behind him he has no support on the right with over lapping full backs and he ends up getting doubled up on as the opposition knows Bruno poses no offensive threat. And in his defence as posted above 3 full backs have been substituted at half time due to him running them ragged.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Wow amazed with that post, he’s our best player and has real quality. Raw at times, weak he is not.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Tbf to the lad he has no support on the right. With Bruno playing behind him he has no support on the right with over lapping full backs and he ends up getting doubled up on as the opposition knows Bruno poses no offensive threat. And in his defence as posted above 3 full backs have been substituted at half time due to him running them ragged.

Amazing that he has got assists then considering he has got no offensive threat :roll:

He gets so much shit talked about him its unreal.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:11 pm

Some people here don't really like us having good players, and try to put them down at every opportunity

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:47 am

He is giving it a go all the time and lets face it without Mendez has been the only one looking likely to create anything.

He does tend to shoot on sight a tad too often for me but if he has the confidence great!

Him and Mendez on both wings we look better. Just need to push up a tad and actually have a go as counter attack doesn't suit him

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Tbf to the lad he has no support on the right. With Bruno playing behind him he has no support on the right with over lapping full backs and he ends up getting doubled up on as the opposition knows Bruno poses no offensive threat. And in his defence as posted above 3 full backs have been substituted at half time due to him running them ragged.

He plays on the left :banghead:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:54 pm

I think he has been excellent, quite often the only one who looks like he can make things happen which no doubt is a great pressure on him, yes he still has things to learn but that's why we were able to buy him instead of the top 6.

Easily one of our best players so far this season.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:20 pm

With Warnock praising Hoilett's defensive work/discipline, does anyone else think he might be worth a go at right back?

Just a suggestion, plenty of wingers have been converted to full backs in recent times. It'll add another (Better, although I think Manga hasn't done terribly) threat on the right with Murphy

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Savigma wrote:... I would not like him at all. He’s either too weak and pathetic, or he’s going down too easy and trying to cheat.

WOW,just WOW :shock:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:34 pm

bluesince62 wrote:

WOW,just WOW :shock:

Agree and I think he will show his worth during the remainder of the season :ayatollah:

I've been generally impressed with the three of the four main incomings (Camarasa, Arter and Murphy) with the jury still a little out on the little used Reid; although I have no doubt he can play at this level in the right set-up :thumbright:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Jimmykingz wrote:With Warnock praising Hoilett's defensive work/discipline, does anyone else think he might be worth a go at right back?

Just a suggestion, plenty of wingers have been converted to full backs in recent times. It'll add another (Better, although I think Manga hasn't done terribly) threat on the right with Murphy

Not the worse suggestion I've read, he went in as a wing back quite easily. Not sure I'd experiment with it at this level mind.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:56 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:

He plays on the left :banghead:

Shouldn't post when im tired :banghead: :lol: Either way he's one of our best offensive players and on his day many full backs cant handle him.

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:41 pm

On top of his inconsistencies he doesn’t help out in defence which he NEEDS to if he’s not in a top club

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:19 am

Savigma wrote:On top of his inconsistencies he doesn’t help out in defence which he NEEDS to if he’s not in a top club

I agree with that.

Think that’s the reason he came off. For all the criticism he gets on here, Hoilett is very good at tracking back and will always help out the defence.

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:26 am

i think if given time Josh will improve..

we purchased the potential not the finished article.