Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff’s low wage policy won’t attract quality players.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Cardiff City FC have the lowest wages for players in any club in the Premier league,the club’s inability to attract quality players was it's reason,low pay contracts in Cardiff City football club,for a club in the best league in the World, there has to be better paid contracts to attract the best.”Vincent Tan take note.”

Re: Cardiff’s low wage policy won’t attract quality players.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Cardiff City FC have the lowest wages for players in any club in the Premier league,the club’s inability to attract quality players was it's reason,low pay contracts in Cardiff City football club,for a club in the best league in the World, there has to be better paid contracts to attract the best.”Vincent Tan take note.”

It's a policy that's doomed to failure and very very short-sighted.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:33 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Clubfortyfourer wrote:Cardiff City FC have the lowest wages for players in any club in the Premier league,the club’s inability to attract quality players was it's reason,low pay contracts in Cardiff City football club,for a club in the best league in the World, there has to be better paid contracts to attract the best.”Vincent Tan take note.”

It's a policy that's doomed to failure and very very short-sighted.

And 100m is going to succeed? (Fulham) and others, Yes could pay more but the problem lies at end season if get relegated with high earners what then? Trouble is we got promoted when wasn't expecting to and suspect tan cought in two minds due to previous experience! Will say if do get relegated will be in better shape than the other two who come down to return at 1st attempt..

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:38 pm

It’s ok to say we Willie in better shape to come back up if we got relegated.Have you forgotten how hard a league it is to get out of .

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Meant to say we will be

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:46 pm

john52 wrote:It’s ok to say we Willie in better shape to come back up if we got relegated.Have you forgotten how hard a league it is to get out of .

Even harder when you take a load of so called prem players on inflated wages down with you.Anyway it's all internet guesswork as I've not heard of any so called low wage policy.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:50 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
john52 wrote:It’s ok to say we Willie in better shape to come back up if we got relegated.Have you forgotten how hard a league it is to get out of .

Even harder when you take a load of so called prem players on inflated wages down with you.Anyway it's all internet guesswork as I've not heard of any so called low wage policy.

Tough league to get out of, but impossible if your finances are in a complete mess. More likely to continue a downward spiral if you have to offload your high earners at a big loss. Look at clubs like Portsmouth and Sunderland, and only now are Leeds looking to get back to where they once were.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:54 pm

“Pembroke Alan”:-
I’m not talking about Fulham paying £100 million when Cardiff paid £27 million in transfer fees , Fulham side should be doing a lot better too, I’m talking about attracting players to Cardiff City if their going to get higher wages elsewhere, this is also why Warnock has gone down the loan route too, I’m not talking about relegation either for Cardiff, actually I think Cardiff will stay up but it’s a battle.
Warnock in the Summer, struggled to sign or attract players, because of lower wages than other Premier league clubs and Tan wouldn’t pay high transfer fees or high wages than other Premeir league clubs, I repeat Cardiff pay the lowest wages in the Premier league. If theirs no ambition or statement of intent by Vincent Tan to spend more on wages for quality players are not going to come to Cardiff. Our position in the league reflect low quality players, but we are punching above our weight, but our position also reflects low ambition to stay in the Premier league by Vincent Tan,He must support Warnock more in the new Transfer window, and give more incentive to the players in higher wages or even bonuses.We are now in the Premier league we need better quality players.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:55 pm

“Pembroke Alan”:-
I’m not talking about Fulham paying £100 million when Cardiff paid £27 million in transfer fees , Fulham side should be doing a lot better too, I’m talking about attracting players to Cardiff City if their going to get higher wages elsewhere, this is also why Warnock has gone down the loan route too, I’m not talking about relegation either for Cardiff, actually I think Cardiff will stay up but it’s a battle.
Warnock in the Summer, struggled to sign or attract players, because of lower wages than other Premier league clubs and Tan wouldn’t pay high transfer fees or high wages than other Premeir league clubs, I repeat Cardiff pay the lowest wages in the Premier league. If theirs no ambition or statement of intent by Vincent Tan to spend more on wages for quality players are not going to come to Cardiff. Our position in the league reflect low quality players, but we are punching above our weight, but our position also reflects low ambition to stay in the Premier league by Vincent Tan,He must support Warnock more in the new Transfer window, and give more incentive to the players in higher wages or even bonuses.We are now in the Premier league we need better quality players.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:03 pm

I've said it before but how do you know they didn't come here because of what you perceive as a low wage policy rather than just not wanting to go to a team that was odds on favorites to go straight back down to the championship? If they don't want to come to little old Cardiff they're not coming no matter how much you offer them or their current club.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:37 pm

Welshman in CA,
At the risk of repeating myself ! “Groundhogday”
I said, and repeated it,If theirs no ambition by our Club and the chairman, Why would quality players come here, without any incentive ? ”to go back down to the Championship ?
Vincent Tan must back up Warnock or any other manager with higher wages and higher transfer offers to attract quality players or they simply won’t come ? If Tan wants us to stay in the Premiership?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:27 pm

You've assumed that's the case though. Just thought I'd point that out

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:47 am

Arh great, no prima Donna mercenary journey men on iflated wages then. Lovely jubley, give me our lads any day. Come on City, come on.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 pm

No, “City needs more quality players” We need to compete, we were not competing against Watford, we were abysmal, Playing catch up at the end of the game is not good enough. To get quality players in, and stay in the Premier league, Tan must back Warnock in the January transfer window, not delay like what happened in the summer.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:56 pm

No, “City needs more quality players” We need to compete, we were not competing against Watford, we were abysmal, Playing catch up at the end of the game is not good enough. To get quality players in, and stay in the Premier league, Tan must back Warnock in the January transfer window, not delay like what happened in the summer.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Talking bollocks wages don’t mean a thing.

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Clubfortyfourer wrote:No, “City needs more quality players” We need to compete, we were not competing against Watford, we were abysmal, Playing catch up at the end of the game is not good enough. To get quality players in, and stay in the Premier league, Tan must back Warnock in the January transfer window, not delay like what happened in the summer.

Why would someone running a business from the other side of the world want to keep pumping more and more money into something that has already cost him a fortune. He has already said that the club must become self sufficient, and he would be happy to sell if a buyer came along with the right money. We need to remember Tan is not even a big fan of football never mind Cardiff City. He was persuaded to come here when someone was desperately needed, and it is just business for him. hopefully there will be some money for Warnock soon, but anyone expecting mega bucks is in for one big let down.

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:34 am

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Welshman in CA,
At the risk of repeating myself ! “Groundhogday”
I said, and repeated it,If theirs no ambition by our Club and the chairman, Why would quality players come here, without any incentive ? ”to go back down to the Championship ?
Vincent Tan must back up Warnock or any other manager with higher wages and higher transfer offers to attract quality players or they simply won’t come ? If Tan wants us to stay in the Premiership?

So if we offer 150k a week to ramsey he will come even though he knows that club is odds on fav to be relegated? Sorry players have ambitions and coming to city cannot be seen as ambitious by any stretch of the imagination especially for good players no matter how much is offered.. so club is in catch 22 pay over odds for average players which is a risk or pay mega bucks on player who possibly be the best paid player in championship?