Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

REPORTS: GARY MADINE TO BE 'RESCUED' BY CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM?

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Cardiff City struggler Gary Madine could be rescued from Bluebirds nightmare by Wigan - reports
By Paul Abbandonato

Sunday 16th December 2018

Wigan are prepared to offer Gary Madine a way out of his Cardiff City nightmare, according to reports.

Madine has yet to score a goal since his £6million move to the Bluebirds and is wanted by the Latics on loan in January, with a view to signing him on a permanent deal.

If so, it would represent a win-win situation for everybody.

Madine has struggled terribly with Cardiff and many fans feel he has done little to justify the fee paid during the last January transfer window.

Since making his debut in a 4-1 win over Leeds, Madine has not managed to bag a goal - the currency for stirkers. This season he has had little more than a bit-part role, with just six appearances to his name, and could get game time with the Latics.

Wigan feel Madine can score goals at Championship level, which he proved with Bolton, if not Cardiff, and hope he can help keep them in the division.

A loan move would also enable the Bluebirds to free up a wage as boss Neil Warnock looks for a new goalscorer when the transfer window opens next month.

Among the players Warnock has been targeting is Nantes striker Emiliano Sala, who has bagged 13 goals this season. The Cardiff boss ran the rule over him in a recent French match.

Kenneth Zohore was also back in the mix for Saturday's 3-2 defeat at Watford, named amongst the substitutes. He didn't get on, but is available again after his recent calf injury and may feature in this weekend's huge Cardiff City Stadium showdown with Jose Mourinho's Manchester United.

Zohore hasn't played since the 4-1 loss to Liverpool at Anfield, when he came on in the closing moments.

Warnock has been utilising Callum Paterson as a stop-gap centre-forward and the Scot signed as a right-back has performed admirably in the role.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: REPORTS: GARY MADINE TO BE 'RESCUED' BY CHAMPIONSHIP TEA

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Please let this be true!

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Wish we could get Nick Powell from them in return....one of the best in the Championship.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:19 pm

If there is a God. Exactly why Warnock should not be given money to spend in January.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:54 pm

We should buy Will Grigg off them.

Straight swap would be a good bit of buisness

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:04 pm

He's not good enough at championship level.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:06 pm

How can Wigan afford £30000 a week wages ??

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:13 pm

NIBluebird wrote:How can Wigan afford £30000 a week wages ??

That’s my worry mate.
He’s not going to take s pay cut I’d imagine.
I can see us stumping up at least half of the wages for the rest of the year.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 pm

He's only on £22,000 a week, still a lot though!

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:38 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s my worry mate.

It would be 6 months so about 3 to 400K better than double that if they pay half the wages, as he aint going to play here, but still pay him in full, what about Tomlin, what a waste hes been, almost feels like a fraud paying him an absolute fortune but done absolutly nothing for it!

Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:44 pm

The Cobra wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s my worry mate.

It would be 6 months so about 3 to 400K better than double that if they pay half the wages, as he aint going to play here, but still pay him in full, what about Tomlin, what a waste hes been, almost feels like a fraud paying him an absolute fortune but done absolutly nothing for it!

Not his fault really. Who’s paying him that ridiculous amount?
He’d be a fool to walk away from that sort of cash now - professional footballer or not.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:20 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s my worry mate.

Likewise - Or whatever his wage is ...

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Please let this be true. Truly awful player, how he can call himself a professional football player I don't know. 3/4 of his highlights on You tube are penalties which is ironic as he even messed that up here. Never seen a player with such little ability put such a lack of effort on the pitch. Just walks from one area to the other then takes a little jog somewhere else. His performance this season vs Norwich was a joke and he rightly got replaced on the hour by Danny Ward who did more running in 30 mins than Madine did in 60.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:50 pm

Nothing against the lad, sometimes for whatever reason a move doesn’t work out. Hasn’t played loads, some of the comments are totally over the top. A move would be good for both parties. No doubt he will do a decent job at a different club. Hope his happens.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:58 pm

but yet he still scored more than zohore last season

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:14 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
The Cobra wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s my worry mate.

He’d be a fool to walk away from that sort of cash now - professional footballer or not.

How is it not his fault? We really don't know,he was unfit when he came back,not the attitude you'd expect,from what COULD have been,a premier league player,he did realise he would be tested upon return?? Lazy fucker should don't half his wages to a children's hospital ;)

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:35 am

bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
The Cobra wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s my worry mate.

How is it not his fault? We really don't know,he was unfit when he came back,not the attitude you'd expect,from what COULD have been,a premier league player,he did realise he would be tested upon return?? Lazy fucker should don't half his wages to a children's hospital ;)

You say (quote) "We don't really know..." and then call him (quote again) "a lazy f***er" :?

Which is it? :?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:00 am

thomasblue wrote:We should buy Will Grigg off them.

can only imagine you like the Will Griggs on fire chant.
decent lge 1 player that can not get in the Wigan team, might as well get Alex back.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:32 am

dogfound wrote:

decent lge 1 player that can not get in the Wigan team, might as well get Alex back.

I found this bizzare too. The guy still hasn't cut his teeth at championship yet. We've got enough championship players in Ward and Zohore.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:38 am

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

I found this bizzare too. The guy still hasn't cut his teeth at championship yet. We've got enough championship players in Ward and Zohore.

And about 20 others!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:55 am

buckleys brewery wrote:If there is a God. Exactly why Warnock should not be given money to spend in January.

This is one of the stupidest comment i've ever read on here, name 1 manager that hasn't made shit signings

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
The Cobra wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s my worry mate.

You say (quote) "We don't really know..." and then call him (quote again) "a lazy f***er" :?

Bit of both to be fair :thumbright:,he was unfit,overweight,and didn't do enough to show neil in pre season that he was busting a gut (pardon the pun)to earn his place in the 25?? The comment we don't know really know was regarding the quote about his ridiculous amount (ie wages) sorry if I led you to believe otherwise sven :bluescarf:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:21 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
The Cobra wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s my worry mate.

Bit of both to be fair :thumbright:,he was unfit,overweight,and didn't do enough to show neil in pre season that he was busting a gut (pardon the pun)to earn his place in the 25?? The comment we don't know really know was regarding the quote about his ridiculous amount (ie wages) sorry if I led you to believe otherwise sven :bluescarf:

Fair enough :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Gary Madine

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=202772