Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

10,000 Pompey fans away

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Love looking back at these days Pompey were loyal then and so similar to Cardiff in them days, they still take massive away Support nowadays in the lower divisions :thumbright:

Already promoted Pompey celebrating clinching the 3rd division title on the last day of the 82-83 season at Home Park. 10k Pompey fans travelled to Plymouth to watch the 1-0 win with Alan Biley scoring the important goal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 10,000 Pompey fans away

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:29 pm

That was my favourite season as a City Fan.Some massive games and Pompey were a very decent mob.Remember 24k at Pompey and although our gates were around 7k the atmosphere was electric.Newport Co home with 15k and Rovers away were tasty.To see Dave Bennett my hero , just a Shame we couldn’t build a team around him as we would have stayed in the top 2 divisions with Benno.

Re: 10,000 Pompey fans away

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:06 am

Tarkimicallefslovechild wrote:That was my favourite season as a City Fan.Some massive games and Pompey were a very decent mob.Remember 24k at Pompey and although our gates were around 7k the atmosphere was electric.Newport Co home with 15k and Rovers away were tasty.To see Dave Bennett my hero , just a Shame we couldn’t build a team around him as we would have stayed in the top 2 divisions with Benno.

Fantastic season on and off the pitch :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: