Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SPOTY

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:15 pm

British celebration of sport, three lions was cringeworthy. Queue I think I've lit the touch paper.

Re: SPOTY

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Imagine if they had won it,unthinkable :banghead:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Can't remember BBC doing the same for us in 2016 to be fair we only beat Belgium not Sweden

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:32 pm

Muted it.

Just hope Geraint wins.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Used my free vote for Geraint :thumbup:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:39 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Used my free vote for Geraint :thumbup:

Odds a bit closer now, Kane will win, but I'm not sure why.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Just don't watch the English biased shite :thumbup:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Bananas wrote:Just don't watch the English biased shite :thumbup:

Team of the year, England ladies netball, oh get lost. Ryder cup team surely .

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Well Done " G " :thumbup:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Get in there Geraint :thumbup:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Dai iawn Geraint :bluebird: :bluebird: the

(Why play George Ezra at the end??)
:bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Lineker called him Jeraint! :oops:

I dunno! :roll:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Love the G, great speech, down to earth, humble and from the heart. Billie Jean looked like she was inspired.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:21 pm

I thought it was a very decent production, and our boy won, so shake those chips off your shoulders, fed up of all this anti English stuff, getting a bit childish.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:I thought it was a very decent production, and our boy won, so shake those chips off your shoulders, fed up of all this anti English stuff, getting a bit childish.

Decent? Wtf as kane done to get 3rd spot ? He's a pampered footballer who scores goals...... netball team deserved award so did Hamilton but kane!! :shock:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Kane is an excellent goalscorer, playing at the top of his profession, but my point being all round a excellent tribute for sport for all, especially the lad racer who lost his legs, can't see what your moaning about wtf.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Kane is an excellent goalscorer, playing at the top of his profession, but my point being all round a excellent tribute for sport for all, especially the lad racer who lost his legs, can't see what your moaning about wtf.

Kane is a goal hanger who hasn't actually won anything. More celebration of FAILURE by the Royal sycophants..... Fek em. :thumbup:

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:09 pm

Sounds like a worthy winner. At least he is not a member of the Royal family who won a couple of show jumping events.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 am

Bananas wrote:
Melsuttonholyboots wrote:Kane is an excellent goalscorer, playing at the top of his profession, but my point being all round a excellent tribute for sport for all, especially the lad racer who lost his legs, can't see what your moaning about wtf.

Kane is a goal hanger who hasn't actually won anything. More celebration of FAILURE by the Royal sycophants..... Fek em. :thumbup:

Take away his pens,then he is just another goalscorer, they love to celebrate mediocrity over the bridge,I'm with you fek em :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 am

It's sports personality with personality being the main point, not most successful or famous or best at any particular thing & personality is a personal thing. Warnock & Klopp have personality, Pep not so much to me from what I've seen.

Glad GT won it but moaning about Kane coming 3rd when so many people seem to like him is not worth moaning about.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:40 pm

Kane has won the Premier League Golden Boot in 2 of the last 3 seasons and finished second in the other.

He also captained his country to a world Cup semi final their best finish in almost 30 years, won the golden boot and was voted in the team of the tournament.

The lad deserved his nomination, very hard to judge where he should have finished really as impossible to compare apples with oranges in sport.

Lizzie Yarnold for example has won back to back Olympic golds, Hamilton 5 times champion. Its a popularity contest in which is the more popular sport and who will vote.

When AP McCoy won it there was a huge drive throughout the horse racing fraternity to vote.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:50 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Bananas wrote:

Take away his pens,then he is just another goalscorer, they love to celebrate mediocrity over the bridge,I'm with you fek em :ayatollah:

yes an of course as we know all to well a pen is a gimme..

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:48 pm

I think Kane definitely deserves his nomination and third place but I still don’t understand why Ronnie O’Sullivan is never mentioned. I’m not a big snooker fan but I’ll try and watch it if he’s playing.