Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peoples Vote/Second Referendum?

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:16 pm

Interested in hearing other peoples opinion on this? Seems a lot of politicians and the mainstream media are pushing for this big time now as theresa mays deal looks unlikely going through parliament.

For me it was be an absolout insult to the british people and i think it would be basically living under dictatorship and not a democracy. Would it spark outrage and riots from the people if this happened? Rioting against a dictatorship government who have conned the people would be what is needed and would be great imo. Opinions?

Re: Peoples Vote/Second Referendum?

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Ultimately, whatever the wealthy people want they will get. Most of us are here to ensure that a small percentage of the population control the wealth of the country, and whatever we may want is irrelevant. The rich will decide what we want on our behalf, and you can bet that it will not be for our benefit.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Interested in hearing other peoples opinion on this? Seems a lot of politicians and the mainstream media are pushing for this big time now as theresa mays deal looks unlikely going through parliament.

For me it was be an absolout insult to the british people and i think it would be basically living under dictatorship and not a democracy. Would it spark outrage and riots from the people if this happened? Rioting against a dictatorship government who have conned the people would be what is needed and would be great imo. Opinions?

I can see trouble especially from far right groups. The comments from people saying the under 18's who couldn't vote in 2016 would have voted ti stay in, you could say that after every election. You have a referendum and you abide by the decision.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:30 pm

We voted, result was Out, end of, can’t change it.....,

If there is a 2nd referendum then there also has to be a public vote of no confidence in the Government and the voting system. It will prove that our voices mean sod all

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:47 pm

There won't be a 2nd one as it would open up a 2nd Scottish referendum ,the tories and dup wont vote for it ,i honestly thlink the eu will do away with the backstop at the last minute and mays deal Will be voted through

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:50 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Interested in hearing other peoples opinion on this? Seems a lot of politicians and the mainstream media are pushing for this big time now as theresa mays deal looks unlikely going through parliament.

First of all, Leave conned the electorate there's no doubt. Secondly, you seem to want to deny people, who are now more educated on brexit a say on their future, and you think that's democracy? Your argument is absurd. Don't you realise the government can't deliver it without damaging the country?

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:51 pm

First of all, Leave conned the electorate there's no doubt. Secondly, you seem to want to deny people, who are now more educated on brexit a say on their future, and you think that's democracy? Your argument is absurd. Don't you realise the government can't deliver it without damaging the country?

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:

So 10 years from now your saying our country is going to be severely damaged from brexit yes? How much did you pay for and where from is this crystal ball you posess? Id love one myself

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:05 pm

In the event of a leave vote, an emergency budget would be needed within weeks to save the British economy from total collapse. Unemployment would soar, the stock market would plummet, and the pound collapse. The lies did not come from just one side. Had we voted remain, the leavers would be saying we were conned when they found all the above to be completely false.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:35 pm

I can only see and hope there’s a second referendum. Haven’t voted leave myself this is nothing like what I wanted from leave. How you can call it a dictatorship to have another public vote is the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard. Gauging a now slightly better educated nation now feel on the vote.

I personally think leave will win again in some form and there should be more options on the paper.

I also don’t believe in referendums pointless expecting the uneducated voters to make big decisions. We have a general election that’s fair so we should let the people we voted to govern govern.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:52 am

My view. We were asked to vote on a)leave the EU or b) stay in it.

The result was to leave. It was not to negotiate a deal. It was to leave.

There was no shade of brexit. There was no hard or soft. It was leave.

Deals got manouvered in after. Fine. I understand the logic.

I find the proposal of another referendum offensive especially when leave voters are branded ignorant. Racist. Stupid. Various adjectives. It feels like "vote again until you get it right".

The only referendum I would be happy with us to vote on Mays deal. Or leave without one. That's the only way past the impasse. Parliament has already voted to leave and the people have voted to leave. So we should leave.

If you want to remain then campaign to go back in by all means. But allow those that voted to leave the chance to make the best of being out.

I didn't see all this fuss when parliament took us further and further in to the EU....

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:06 am

So we have another vote people say remain what was original vote for? Just because people don't agree is no reason to vote again in the hope of different result? What happens if still vote out then what best of 3? :laughing6: What about general election if Labour get in will cons want another vote because don't like Labour in power! Had one vote that should be it because that's called democracy good or bad, talk of being conned by leave what about the scare mongering from Blair ect ect is that not as bad if not worse by undermining UK economy ? :roll:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:09 am

The truth is we voted 'out' in its simplest form and that is what needs to be delivered

The question was a simple one (see below) and they now need to honour the will of the people. A second Referendum would be abhorrent and an affront to democracy

Some say we are more informed now but that isn't the case. We still don't 'know' the facts of what is to come, as the real negotiation is still to be carried out. There are currently no promises, no guarantees and no consensus amongst either party in both the UK and in the EU

The people (by the simple and democratic majority vote required) made a decision and it's time to honour it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:22 am

pembroke allan wrote:So we have another vote people say remain what was original vote for? Just because people don't agree is no reason to vote again in the hope of different result? What happens if still vote out then what best of 3? :laughing6: What about general election if Labour get in will cons want another vote because don't like Labour in power! Had one vote that should be it because that's called democracy good or bad, talk of being conned by leave what about the scare mongering from Blair ect ect is that not as bad if not worse by undermining UK economy ? :roll:

That’s exactly what happens we have another general election. We vote again because we a free country and are allowed to change our views. By not allowing voting is not being a democracy.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:30 am

both sides made claims that were no more than guesses and they are still guesses

educated..? .yes we have learned that the economy did not fall off a cliff and the EU is more difficult to deal with than we might have realised. the only absurd thing is the notion that the majority who are people from all walks of life and all professions are less able to weigh this up than the minority while actually saying anything factual to support the claim.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:31 am

Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:So we have another vote people say remain what was original vote for? Just because people don't agree is no reason to vote again in the hope of different result? What happens if still vote out then what best of 3? :laughing6: What about general election if Labour get in will cons want another vote because don't like Labour in power! Had one vote that should be it because that's called democracy good or bad, talk of being conned by leave what about the scare mongering from Blair ect ect is that not as bad if not worse by undermining UK economy ? :roll:

That’s exactly what happens we have another general election. We vote again because we a free country and are allowed to change our views. By not allowing voting is not being a democracy.

Are you saying by not having another vote it's not democracy? :o

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:

Not at all. People are running scared for some reason. It’s people who are worried the first vote isn’t now what the country wants that don’t want another democrat vote. I voted leave and I want to leave hard. And I believe leave will win an other vote by a bigger margin so bring it on.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 am

Did you vote leave or remain Allen??

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:

Besides it's not a peoples vote it's an MPS vote not quite the same! When you have a vote the result stands until it's due again either time wise or the winners want another vote! Another vote is not called by loser just to have another go to see if can win? The people voted that's the end of it :old:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebirdforlife77 wrote:

Besides it's not a peoples vote it's an MPS vote not quite the same! When you have a vote the result stands until it's due again either time wise or the winners want another vote! Another vote is not called by loser just to have another go to see if can win? The people voted that's the end of it :old:

That’s a fair point.

So leave or remain for you??

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:19 am

Regards general elections. We do not have a second election. We allow the winners to form a government and then only have more elections when they serve their term or parliament agreed to have a another.

With the referendum the campaign is to vote again before the result is enacted. Therefore it is not democratic. True democracy would be to allow brexit and then campaign to go back in.

Politicians lie. They do it for general elections. Local elections. European elections and referendums. This is the first time I've seen anyone try and re run the vote over it

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:29 am

If it's 1-1 shall we go for best of 3 ?. Or maybe best of 5 even.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:03 am

We voted out and now the establishment is screwing those who did so. We have had a people's vote. We voted out to take back control from fat unelected bureaucrats. This is exactly what they did to the Irish. Keep up the balloting until you get the answer you want. Dead right when someone earlier on this post talked about the powerful getting their way. Who cares what we think there ? :banghead:

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:07 am

So democracy in this country is dead, a majority voted to leave, and the minority, because they lost the vote to remain now want another referendum. So at the next election, if we do not like who wins it, we should have another election, what a load of Bol****S. If there is another referendum there should only be two choices on the ballot paper (1) accept Mays brexit deal or (2) leave with no deal No way in the world should there be any vote on remaining, the country has already decided to leave.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:39 am

100% referendum again. A strong Wales in a strong Europe ASAP please and less/no dependence on the English

#welshandeuropean

(Bbbbrrrrrr....cold up here in Brecon this morning )

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:51 am

Bananas wrote:100% referendum again. A strong Wales in a strong Europe ASAP please and less/no dependence on the English

#welshandeuropean

i think Wales is much weaker since the comedy club opened down the bay too...new referndum and all those ap Gwilym people can go back to burning houses in Ceredigion

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:59 am

"Peoples Vote" was given two years ago, it's called a referendum, the biggest problem since the vote is that EVERY remain MP (and you by the sound of it) have never accepted the result and have tried to slow/derail the process at every opportunity, come the next general election in three years many of these scum will lose their seats.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 am

It's looking like that's what Parliament wants, they don't care about the country, just what is best for them !!!

I don't trust any of them !!!!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:26 am

dogfound wrote:
Bananas wrote:100% referendum again. A strong Wales in a strong Europe ASAP please and less/no dependence on the English

#welshandeuropean

i think Wales is much weaker since the comedy club opened down the bay too...new referndum and all those ap Gwilym people can go back to burning houses in Ceredigion

Of course that's the response we expect from thickos just like you. Oh the uneducated and brainwashed.....bless.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:27 am

Bluebina wrote:It's looking like that's what Parliament wants, they don't care about the country, just what is best for them !!!

I don't trust any of them !!!!

Hence why Wales needs to stop being reliant on them. Get out of it ASAP......