Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Peoples Vote/Second Referendum?

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:07 am

goats wrote:Thing is, half the people who voted to leave didn’t have a clue what exactly they were voting on? I know loads like this, partic old people. If you took over 65’s out of the equation the result would have been overwhelmingly to stay. Lots of people I know who voted to leave regret that now, there was very little info about, it was almost thrown on us and I’m afraid many people in the uk are clueless. A bit like the tw*t sky interviewed in Caerphilly centre the day after, he said he voted to leave what has the EU ever done for us in Caerphilly, the reporter then told him they funded the redevelopment of the town centre. He looked even more daft if possible and said oh I didn’t know that. :lol: :banghead:
You realise May no doubt has all her posh friends lined up for nice trade deals don’t you? Some people are so nieve, why is she so desperate not to have another vote?

everyone is stupid apart from the ones that agree with you and THIS post is evidence of your superior brainpower.?

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:13 am

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Dave67 wrote:
dogfound wrote:I thought most of the countries involved did so by honouring pacts/treaties .

but maybe your mate google { who you seem to constantly talk too } knows better.
the germans not being odd people during WW1 and WW2 is deffinately a bit adrift of conventional thought..maybe you can draw up a list of reasons for their actions being reasonable ? or even copy and paste one.

It is inspiring to see you try to make a relevant contribution. Keep trying and someday you will get there.

so you can not back up the idiotic post then .. :roll:

This guy is sounding more and more like roathy? :o

very similar

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:33 am

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Dave67 wrote:
dogfound wrote:I thought most of the countries involved did so by honouring pacts/treaties .

but maybe your mate google { who you seem to constantly talk too } knows better.
the germans not being odd people during WW1 and WW2 is deffinately a bit adrift of conventional thought..maybe you can draw up a list of reasons for their actions being reasonable ? or even copy and paste one.

It is inspiring to see you try to make a relevant contribution. Keep trying and someday you will get there.

so you can not back up the idiotic post then .. :roll:

This guy is sounding more and more like roathy? :o

very similar

Yes must be is son or daughter ? :laughing6:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:52 am

welshrarebit wrote:Dave. Junker. Is not. Elected.

On 27 June 2014, the European Council officially nominated Juncker for the position, and on 15 July 2014, the European Parliament elected him with a majority of 422 votes from a total of 729 cast.

Stop telling me the earth is flat and I will stop telling you that you are wrong, deal?

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:53 am

goats wrote:Thing is, half the people who voted to leave didn’t have a clue what exactly they were voting on? I know loads like this, partic old people. If you took over 65’s out of the equation the result would have been overwhelmingly to stay. Lots of people I know who voted to leave regret that now, there was very little info about, it was almost thrown on us and I’m afraid many people in the uk are clueless. A bit like the tw*t sky interviewed in Caerphilly centre the day after, he said he voted to leave what has the EU ever done for us in Caerphilly, the reporter then told him they funded the redevelopment of the town centre. He looked even more daft if possible and said oh I didn’t know that. :lol: :banghead:
You realise May no doubt has all her posh friends lined up for nice trade deals don’t you? Some people are so nieve, why is she so desperate not to have another vote?

Those, like you, who voted remain thought they were voting for the status quo Bwhahahahaha
I don’t know one person who voted leave who’s now changed their mind, know a couple of remainers who have though.
Where did the EU get the money they so kindly “gave” to Caerphilly.........from the massive contributions the U.K. gives to them.
As for talking about posh friends, the politics of envy nothing more, the type of shite those with nothing to contribute to a debate come out with.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:27 am

welshrarebit wrote:My point is and always has been that the council is not made up of people who have stood for election by the people of Europe. The people of Europe can not vote them out.

You are just repeating the same mantra. Let's agree a few definitions and try to avoid confusing/muddying terms.....

European Commission
A team or 'College' of Commissioners, 1 from each EU country

European Council
Heads of state or government of EU countries, European Commission President, High Representative for Foreign Affairs & Security Policy

Council of the European Union
Government ministers from each EU country, according to the policy area to be discussed

President of the European Council: Donald Tusk
The President of the European Council is elected by the leaders in the Council every 2.5 years

President of the European Commission: Jean-Claude Juncker
The European Council votes by qualified majority for a nominee for the post of President, taking account of the latest European elections. This proposal is then put before Parliament which must approve or veto the appointment. If an absolute majority of MEPs support the nominee, he/she is elected.

They are all representatives of the governments of the member states who elected them or elected by MEPs.

As I have said before

We elect a government and the prime minister appoints a cabinet from the House of Commons or the House of Lords (and yes the UK cabinet can and does contain un-elected members of the House of Lords).

Cabinet Minister are not Elected they are appointed - the reasons for which are blindingly obvious.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:31 am

Jock wrote:

Those, like you, who voted remain thought they were voting for the status quo Bwhahahahaha
I don’t know one person who voted leave who’s now changed their mind, know a couple of remainers who have though.
Where did the EU get the money they so kindly “gave” to Caerphilly.........from the massive contributions the U.K. gives to them.
As for talking about posh friends, the politics of envy nothing more, the type of shite those with nothing to contribute to a debate come out with.

You have to laugh when people talk about the money we get from the EU. It is our money they are generously donating. We have already given them a big chunk, and generously they throw some change in our direction. I know no actual money changes hands, but people should remember governments and councils are not dipping into their own pockets to do us any favours, it is money that us, the taxpayers have given to them that is being used for these projects. It is also our money that is providing them with a generous living and excellent expenses, and there are a lot of people with their greasy fingers in that EU gravy train.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Jock wrote:

You have to laugh when people talk about the money we get from the EU. It is our money they are generously donating. We have already given them a big chunk, and generously they throw some change in our direction. I know no actual money changes hands, but people should remember governments and councils are not dipping into their own pockets to do us any favours, it is money that us, the taxpayers have given to them that is being used for these projects. It is also our money that is providing them with a generous living and excellent expenses, and there are a lot of people with their greasy fingers in that EU gravy train.

I'd be surprised if the County of Caerphilly has had more of the EU than the house of Kinnock.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 am

Jock wrote:I don’t know one person who voted leave who’s now changed their mind, know a couple of remainers who have though.

It would seem you need to get out more.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:47 am

Dave67 wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:My point is and always has been that the council is not made up of people who have stood for election by the people of Europe. The people of Europe can not vote them out.

You are just repeating the same mantra. Let's agree a few definitions and try to avoid confusing/muddying terms.....

European Commission

European Council
Heads of state or government of EU countries, European Commission President, High Representative for Foreign Affairs & Security Policy

Government ministers from each EU country, according to the policy area to be discussed

The President of the European Council is elected by the leaders in the Council every 2.5 years

The European Council votes by qualified majority for a nominee for the post of President, taking account of the latest European elections. This proposal is then put before Parliament which must approve or veto the appointment. If an absolute majority of MEPs support the nominee, he/she is elected.

They are all representatives of the governments of the member states who elected them or elected by MEPs.

As I have said before

We elect a government and the prime minister appoints a cabinet from the House of Commons or the House of Lords (and yes the UK cabinet can and does contain un-elected members of the House of Lords).

Cabinet Minister are not Elected they are appointed - the reasons for which are blindingly obvious.

I can't ever remember an European election where Junker Tusk etc stood for election by the electorate of the European Union. Therefore they are unaccountable and the process is undemocratic because the 'people' cannot ever remove them in a direct election.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am

Dave67 wrote:
Jock wrote:I don’t know one person who voted leave who’s now changed their mind, know a couple of remainers who have though.

Remain were well ahead in the opinion polls before the 2016 referendum and that didn't do them any good did it? :roll:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:56 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Last time I looked apparently our EU contribution was £18.2 billion. We receive back in grants/rebates around £9 billion.

Therefore the money to help Caerphilly etc has come from central UK Government sources plus they have short changed us by another £9 billion some of which has gone to Ireland who show their thanks by stabbing us in the back.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:57 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

European Commission

European Council

As I have said before

I can't ever remember an European election where Junker Tusk etc stood for election by the electorate of the European Union. Therefore they are unaccountable and the process is undemocratic because the 'people' cannot ever remove them in a direct election.

wasting your time mate..its been explained to him 5 or 6 times by different people with different approaches plus he has probably looked it up himself, yet keeps going back to things like cabinet ministers are appointed.
its like pretending we are top of the league no matter how often you look at a league table that says otherwise.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:03 am

Dave67 wrote:

Remain were well ahead in the opinion polls before the 2016 referendum and that didn't do them any good did it? :roll:

That Martin Lewis bloke who does those money programmes has recently conducted some sort of survey in which over 180,000 voted. The question was along the lines of leave with no deal or another referendum. It went in favour of leave by 61% to 39%. I pay no more attention to this poll than to any others. Depends who your target audience are, and these polls have been way out in recent general elections as well as the EU referendum, where they were confidently predicting a remain victory. I know a few who voted remain who would now vote the other way due to what they see as bullying tactics by the EU. The EU want us in, our money will have to be found from somewhere else if we go.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:05 am

dogfound wrote:wasting your time mate..its been explained to him 5 or 6 times by different people with different approaches plus he has probably looked it up himself, yet keeps going back to things like cabinet ministers are appointed.
its like pretending we are top of the league no matter how often you look at a league table that says otherwise.

Fair comment although you will often find Remainers will use the 'Cabinet' argument which of course is a load of nonsense.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:07 am

dogfound wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

European Commission

European Council

As I have said before

wasting your time mate..its been explained to him 5 or 6 times by different people with different approaches plus he has probably looked it up himself, yet keeps going back to things like cabinet ministers are appointed.

The expense bill for that lot would make Jose Mourinho's hotel bill look like a 20p parking ticket.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:11 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

That Martin Lewis bloke who does those money programmes has recently conducted some sort of survey in which over 180,000 voted. The question was along the lines of leave with no deal or another referendum. It went in favour of leave by 61% to 39%. I pay no more attention to this poll than to any others. Depends who your target audience are, and these polls have been way out in recent general elections as well as the EU referendum, where they were confidently predicting a remain victory. I know a few who voted remain who would now vote the other way due to what they see as bullying tactics by the EU. The EU want us in, our money will have to be found from somewhere else if we go.

I think you make a great point about the bullying tactics by the EU. It really could be the fly in the ointment for Remain if a second referendum is held. I have no tuck with Theresa May but the way she has been isolated insulted and humiliated by a gang of middle aged mobsters has left a bad taste in the mouth.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:48 am

Dave drop me a line for the next European president election would you? I wouldn't want to miss my chance to have a voice on that one. Cheers.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:02 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Dave67 wrote:

I think you make a great point about the bullying tactics by the EU. It really could be the fly in the ointment for Remain if a second referendum is held. I have no tuck with Theresa May but the way she has been isolated insulted and humiliated by a gang of middle aged mobsters has left a bad taste in the mouth.

Personally I think she should go back to the country for a general Election. Straight choice those who get to form the governement get to choose the form of brexit and those in oppostion agree to it. Whether that be Labour / SNP coalition and thier form of brexit ( no Brexit ) or the tories with Terresa Mays's plan. It should pretty much rule out a non deal brexit as there's little chance of getting that element forming the government. She would have to go back on her pledge not to run in the next election although she did qualify that as the 2022 election.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:12 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I can't ever remember an European election where Junker Tusk etc stood for election by the electorate of the European Union.

Using your argument the following roles are not democratically elected.

The Prime Minister
The Chancellor
The Foreign Secretary
The Home Secretary
etc
etc.
etc.

as we elect MPs not Cabinets Ministers.

Do you not see how what you are saying is wrong?

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Therefore they are unaccountable and the process is undemocratic because the 'people' cannot ever remove them in a direct election.

The President of the European Council is elected by the European Council by a qualified majority. He is elected for a 2.5 year term which is renewable once.

What are your motives behind pedalling fake information?

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:13 am

dogfound wrote:wasting your time mate..its been explained to him 5 or 6 times by different people with different approaches plus he has probably looked it up himself, yet keeps going back to things like cabinet ministers are appointed.

Fair comment although you will often find Remainers will use the 'Cabinet' argument which of course is a load of nonsense.

i do not believe for one minute that these people can not figure out the difference in elected and unelected..
seems their problem is that they do really believe that leave= thick and remain = intellectual so if they say stupid things the stupid people will believe them ?
as for the all old people are stupid racists and should not vote post :? maybe remain should have used that as their campaign slogan, missed a trick there me thinks :lol:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:36 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:That Martin Lewis bloke who does those money programmes has recently conducted some sort of survey in which over 180,000 voted.

again more fake news.

It was a voodoo poll

The poll itself says that it is self selecting and not a representative sample!!!!!.....

Voodoo Poll wrote:PS: It’s likely the proportion of leave/remain voters won’t match the actual vote, as this isn’t a statistical sample of the UK population.

If you ask 18,000 people on the cardiffcityforum about whether Swansea City or Cardiff City are the better team then it would not be a accurate reflection of UK public opinion despite the fact that you have polled a large number of people.

Same principle as polls on the sun website are an accurate reflection of sun reader opinion rather than uk opinion.

Sorry it is just fake news and even "that Martin Lewis bloke" does not pretend differently.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:57 am

Dave67 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I can't ever remember an European election where Junker Tusk etc stood for election by the electorate of the European Union.

Using your argument the following roles are not democratically elected.

The Prime Minister
The Chancellor
The Foreign Secretary
The Home Secretary
etc
etc.
etc.

as we elect MPs not Cabinets Ministers.

Do you not see how what you are saying is wrong?

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Therefore they are unaccountable and the process is undemocratic because the 'people' cannot ever remove them in a direct election.

The President of the European Council is elected by the European Council by a qualified majority. He is elected for a 2.5 year term which is renewable once.

What are your motives behind pedalling fake information?

correct we { the people } elect MPs in the KNOWLEDGE that some of those MPs will then be made cabinet ministers. and also with the KNOWLEDGE that Dave67, Junker or Tusk who are unelected will not end up being home secretary or prime minister without ever facing a vote from the population..
you know this and for all the see through twists you have put on it have not denied it.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:25 pm

dogfound wrote:correct we { the people } elect MPs in the KNOWLEDGE that some of those MPs will then be made cabinet ministers. and also with the KNOWLEDGE that Dave67.

Teresa May became PM in following Brexit.

Did you know she would be PM when you voted in the 2014 General Election?

You voted for a Government/MEPs and they voted for the roles of Presidents in the EU bodies.

You will not get a vote on the May EU withdrawal Bill, you voted for an MP who will get to vote on it.

I can explain it no more simply than this! That is how representative democracy works!

parliament website wrote:In Theresa May’s June 2017 administration, there was just one Cabinet Minister in the House of Lords (the Leader of the House of Lords).
25 out of the total 118 (21%) ministers in government were in the House of Lords.

This compares to
23% at the start of the 2015 Cameron administration
20% at the start of the 2010 Coalition Government.

1 in 5 ministers are members of the House of Lords and not elected but appointed by the people who were elected.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Wales out of the 'United Kingdom my arse' and part of a strong Europe ASAP

#welshandeuropean

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:12 pm

As norm said, you add nothing, and are a complete Berkshire..

Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Dave67 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:That Martin Lewis bloke who does those money programmes has recently conducted some sort of survey in which over 180,000 voted.

again more fake news.

It was a voodoo poll

The poll itself says that it is self selecting and not a representative sample!!!!!.....

Voodoo Poll wrote:PS: It’s likely the proportion of leave/remain voters won’t match the actual vote, as this isn’t a statistical sample of the UK population.

If you ask 18,000 people on the cardiffcityforum about whether Swansea City or Cardiff City are the better team then it would not be a accurate reflection of UK public opinion despite the fact that you have polled a large number of people.

Same principle as polls on the sun website are an accurate reflection of sun reader opinion rather than uk opinion.

Sorry it is just fake news and even "that Martin Lewis bloke" does not pretend differently.

So in synopsis polls predicting a remain win are accurate, those predicting a leave win are false...........

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Jock wrote:So in synopsis polls predicting a remain win are accurate, those predicting a leave win are false...........

A poll without a representative sample has as much value as a chocolate teapot or your last post.

What part of "The Bloke who ran it said it was worthless" did u not understand?????

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Dave67 wrote:
Jock wrote:So in synopsis polls predicting a remain win are accurate, those predicting a leave win are false...........

A poll without a representative sample has as much value as a chocolate teapot or your last post.

What part of "The Bloke who ran it said it was worthless" did u not understand?????

Most polls proved to be worthless in the Brexit vote.

Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:27 pm

What part of Jocks post didn’t you understand. He made no mention of Martin Lewis poll.